Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 161

Author Topic: Marooned in Morrowind (FINISHED)  (Read 413345 times)

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
  • They/Them Life is weird
    • View Profile
Re: Marooned in Morrowind, a suggestion game Ep.66
« Reply #2265 on: July 01, 2014, 04:44:47 pm »

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Dwarf Souls: Prepare to Mine
Keep Me Safe - A Girl and Her Computer (Illustrated Game)
Darkest Garden - Illustrated game. - What mysteries lie in the abandoned dark?

Mr. Strange

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2266 on: July 01, 2014, 05:23:20 pm »

Isn't werewolf actually Imare The Party Girl (played by Pinky Pie) who can read our comments (or LBs at least). I might get them mixed up, though.
Then you get cities like Paris where you should basically just kill yourself already.

You won’t have to think anymore: it’ll be just like having fun!

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2267 on: July 01, 2014, 07:40:37 pm »

Anyways our intelligent behavior is clearly atypical, and I think that everyone in this world is acting like normal moron NPC's while in front of the ponies so that is an important thing to note.  We should try to witness such an interaction, maybe our presence will let them remain intelligent.

Also I concur we should probably just try to come clean, but only with the twilight person I think.  As far as awesomicus is concerned we should probably just give him a cool quest to stay on good terms with him.  I think we should continue our quest pitch with him.

Also ask him if he can spare some change so we can buy some health potions 'or something' to leave some wiggle room and allow us to actually get money out of the deal instead of him just handing us potions ideally.  Then once awesomicus is happily off to his quest lets buy a damn health potion bloody hell this is not good.

Additionally, do you suppose we all look human to the ponies?  It would be difficult to phrase the question but my extremely limited MLP knowledge implies to me that they have no idea what humans are, or human shaped animals in general.

GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2268 on: July 01, 2014, 07:45:15 pm »

Anyways our intelligent behavior is clearly atypical, and I think that everyone in this world is acting like normal moron NPC's while in front of the ponies so that is an important thing to note.  We should try to witness such an interaction, maybe our presence will let them remain intelligent.

That's already happened, when we first met Awesomicus. I don't remember what update it was, but the NPC was still mostly intelligent. The only thing weird was that he didn't notice anything strange about how Awesomicus acted.

Xanmyral

• Bay Watcher
  • Warning: May contain ham
    • View Profile
« Reply #2269 on: July 01, 2014, 07:54:45 pm »

So one could say that we, the most native, natural, and at-home being here, impose this around us that it even fights the corrupting outsider influence of the gamers.

Interesting. We're so attune and of being that we stop the changes that would corrupt it. At least in some minor form.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2270 on: July 01, 2014, 08:07:09 pm »

...mumble...mumble...shall We...mumble...

You look around. You could of sworn you just heard a voice. You listen carefully, but you don't hear anything. Shrugging, you go back to your start menu and begin browsing though-

...but We're out of...mumble...

Your heart skips a beat. You totally heard someone talking. A female voice. You strain to hear, but all you hear is the sound of your own heartbeat. It's kind of creepy. You glance at your computer and notice that the speakers are powered on. Instantly you relax and giggle the anxiety away. Obviously your speakers were just picking up radio interference. Probably just a ham radio operator passing through the-

...mumble...what about this...mumble...

That's totally not coming from your speakers. At least you don't think it is. Curious, you reach to turn up the speaker volume when suddenly your chair drops out from beneath you and you feel yourself falling backwards. You see a blur, then sunlight in your eyes, then.

SPLASH!
So... we know this is a literal game. For the ponies, anyway. This is how we entered it. We suspect the voice is Luna.

So... either Luna was in some way involved in the creation/implementation of the game, or something she was working on appears to have involved us. She was apparently "out of" something and so tried something different... which I'm sure there's an explanation for that I can't figure out.

Also worth noting is Vivec's speech about himself existing in multiple realities and being connected but not really distinct in them. Particularly noteworthy is his assertion that the universe has existed less than a day, his nonexistent power isn't holding up the prison-thing, and so on.

Welp. I say fuck it. Come clean that we're not actually a quest giver or anything. We're just some guy who got trapped in the game. I don't think we could really get too complex with Awesomicus, so just the basics because why not. Also, should probably tell them not to fuck with you using the command console.

EDIT: Bolding is something i should remember.
Problem: We don't even know if that's true. Vivec said we're native, so maybe we really are just a rogue NPC of some description.

This is a reference to Adorabella (twilight fan, maybe?), who tried her hand (or fireballs) at Morrowind politics. The Invictus is coven of vampires from Vampire:The Requiem that deal in politics a lot. Now I want to know what that dog thing is.
Ah! Well done, that's probably right.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Mono124

• Bay Watcher
  • Into the abyss you go!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2271 on: July 01, 2014, 11:02:52 pm »

Why don't we just... tell them everything? If Michael comes clean and tells them that he got sucked into the game, and that in his world the ponies are all a tv series, and that he can hear voices in his head that are from other people on an internet forum, what's the worst that can happen? We can't keep the quest lies going forever, and they already saw our intelligence. Also if they take it favorably, see if console commands DO work on us. We could get majorly buffed here if they do.

edit: Definitely point out the realities in realities theory to try to stop any potential panic from them thinking they aren't real.
Collin Quay- [145.9]-broadcasts: As a professional doctor, I have to say, dodge the fucking meteors or you will die.

ShoesandHats

• Bay Watcher
  • Shoes cancels Drink: Intensified by Penguin Man.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2272 on: July 01, 2014, 11:27:51 pm »

and that he can hear voices in his head that are from other people on an internet forum,

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2273 on: July 01, 2014, 11:38:03 pm »

We already told Michael we're on a forum. I can't find the quote at the moment, but we did tell him.

QuakeIV

• Bay Watcher
  • Cant resist... must edit post.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2274 on: July 01, 2014, 11:53:07 pm »

I think he refused to believe us though.
GENERATION 9: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.
I wish my grass was emo, then it would cut itself.
Quote from: Jesus
Quote from: The Big Fat Carp
Jesus, you broke the site!
Sorry, Bro.
link to quote

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2275 on: July 01, 2014, 11:55:48 pm »

Found it. Episode 48. He didn't disbelieve us, he just said he didn't get what we meant.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2276 on: July 02, 2014, 12:14:46 am »

Why don't we just... tell them everything? If Michael comes clean and tells them that he got sucked into the game, and that in his world the ponies are all a tv series, and that he can hear voices in his head that are from other people on an internet forum, what's the worst that can happen?
They fix the bugged NPC.

Again, remember that we ourselves don't know what we are or what's going on. Everything we've learned so far points to "normal modern Earth human sucked into other world" being false, though.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2277 on: July 02, 2014, 12:18:25 am »

If we do give them the talk, we could remind Clover that we gave her that letter literally months ago, while she was apparently standing completely spaced out/AFK in the Mages' Guild.

LordBucket

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2278 on: July 02, 2014, 12:26:18 am »

come clean, but only with the twilight person
remind Clover that we gave her that letter

GM Comment:
Long term plans and discussions are all well and good, but please remember your present situation. Clover isn't here. Talking with her isn't necessarily something you can do right now.

WillowLuman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2279 on: July 02, 2014, 12:39:48 am »

Yes, right now we need to think of a way to manage Awesomicus, and think of it fast. And well. Let's really think carefully here. Something useful, something believable, something agreeable.
Pages: 1 ... 150 151 [152] 153 154 ... 161