Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 233

Author Topic: (IRtD) Roll to Die/Revive/Dwarf/Derail. The End of Gia.  (Read 592171 times)

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
  • I think this is what they call a tantrum spiral...
    • View Profile
Re: (IRtD) Roll to Die/Revive/Dwarf/Derail, Yo dawg, I heard you like RtD's...
« Reply #2760 on: October 28, 2013, 09:09:24 am »

Wait, that continent made it all the way down into rocky terrain?
Hmm, I'll have to fix that.
Huh?
It means hes got more work to do ON TOP of what hes already got
I got that, I'm a bit confused as to what that work is.
I think he screwed up an area or two

EDIT:
maybe I should've spoken up about my map painting program I made years ago (if I still have it)?
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 09:11:03 am by highmax28 »
just shot him with a balistic arrow, i think he will get stuned from that >.>

"Guardian" and Sigfriend Of Necrothreat
Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.
Just make sure he wears a boot.

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #2761 on: October 28, 2013, 12:45:57 pm »

EDIT:
maybe I should've spoken up about my map painting program I made years ago (if I still have it)?
I'm interested in this program too. Wanna post it if you can find it?
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2762 on: October 28, 2013, 03:11:40 pm »

EDIT:
I'm interested in this program too. Wanna post it if you can find it?
It requires small photos I had with it. Also it's squares, but with some tweaking, it MIGHT be able to do hex. It makes a sizeable area of your choice and you hit a key to change the value and image to what you want.

I had water as 0 and default, plains as 1, mountains as 2, sand (coast/desert) as 3, hills as 4. It was a final project for a game I was making based off of (unknowingly) a D20 game like D&D. Everything was based off of a D20 except enemy encounters which was a percentage per area per step. So you could be fighting slimed for an hour and a wyvern shows up and ruins your day (3/100 chance to get). As
Chaotic as it was, the weapons and skills were all implemented for 3 classes: fighter, rogue and Mage. Each branched off to one of two subclasses, fighter had knight and mercenary, assassin and thief for rogue, and summoner and wizard for Mage. Each one had like two skills and one broken skill, like the summoner had one skill that was a random monster of 20 and if you got like 15+ you decimated enemies, 10-14 were buffs, 5-9 was a deal extra damage and 2-4 was a prevent all damage type thing and 1 was a damage everyone relative to their defence (more for high defence, less for low) and then remove all defences of all combatants (so very suicidal but great).

From just that alone, you can tell it was too big to finish alone in 2 months

Jee wilikers, I think Highmax is near invulnerable, must have been dunked in the river styx like achilles was.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
  • Now with 20% less sanity and trans fat!
    • View Profile
Re: (IRtD) Roll to Die/Revive/Dwarf/Derail, making a Hex Map OF THE WORLD!
« Reply #2763 on: October 28, 2013, 08:38:04 pm »

Sounds pretty crazy, there, Highmax.

The Area I was referring too was on the continent that the human civs are on, where the right hand side dips down into rocky terrain, and then a peak of ice.
I had forgotten it went down that far.

Speaking of which, in discovering this, I found that I made the world map too tall, so I'll have to crop off the excess after I recalculate the distances.
But I did do some preliminary work on that continent, so it now looks like a patchy splotch on the map that really needs fixing.
Which is better than before, where it was nothing at all.
Oh look, I have a steam account.
Might as well chalk it up to Pathos.
As this point we might as well invoke interpretive dance and call it a day.
The Derail Thread

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2764 on: October 28, 2013, 08:54:43 pm »

Sounds pretty crazy, there, Highmax.

The Area I was referring too was on the continent that the human civs are on, where the right hand side dips down into rocky terrain, and then a peak of ice.
I had forgotten it went down that far.

Speaking of which, in discovering this, I found that I made the world map too tall, so I'll have to crop off the excess after I recalculate the distances.
But I did do some preliminary work on that continent, so it now looks like a patchy splotch on the map that really needs fixing.
Which is better than before, where it was nothing at all.
The idea alone was excellent. My problem was I had so many issues with the map editor alone just to make the world, that I had like 2 weeks to finish it. I got battles down, character creation, and a shop system down pat, but I couldn't put it together in time. I also finished the random encounter generator, which was hilarious as I tried it with the map movement (four dragons, 2/100 chance, stronger then wyverns, in a row). I had like six parts to finish, including the damn cursor I took four projects trying to work (and STILL never got working). I also had to actually implement icons for enemies and the like since the world map guy was a red circle for most of it.

AKA: So much needed to be done in so little time... The teacher gave me a massive mark for all the pieces, but said if I managed to finish, I'd have the highest mark in the class with bonus marks alone for something so massive (everyone did something simple, like tetris, snake, checkers... Only one guy made something better then the rest which was a literal ripoff of plants vs zombies (it was the exact game done in python (the programming system we were using))).

Only regret is its on my old laptop which I wiped... And I forget the coding since it's been like 4 years :'( I let you all down! I'm so sorry!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2765 on: October 28, 2013, 09:07:39 pm »

Edit: Oops, wrong thread.
« Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 09:09:44 pm by Elephant Parade »

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2766 on: October 28, 2013, 09:08:55 pm »

Well, that was annoying. Because of the neighbor's inability to use a woodstove properly, our fire alarms registered a bit of carbon monoxide and went off times or so. In the confusion, I must've bumped my laptop or something, because it made a weird rumbling whirring sound.
Hopefully it's fine, since I bought it only a few months ago. Either way, if you're producing so much smoke with your woodstove that the alarm of your neighbor's house goes off repeatedly, you're doing something wrong.

Point of all this is, I lost a bunch of little things. Minor but irritating things, like a few little Roll to Spelunk documents and my Anti-Idle: The Game builds. Anyway, no update tonight. Probably. Certainly not for an hour or two while I make sure my computer isn't planning to spontaneously combust.
You update with Mastacheese? That's impressive! :o

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2767 on: October 28, 2013, 09:10:02 pm »

Well, that was annoying. Because of the neighbor's inability to use a woodstove properly, our fire alarms registered a bit of carbon monoxide and went off times or so. In the confusion, I must've bumped my laptop or something, because it made a weird rumbling whirring sound.
Hopefully it's fine, since I bought it only a few months ago. Either way, if you're producing so much smoke with your woodstove that the alarm of your neighbor's house goes off repeatedly, you're doing something wrong.

Point of all this is, I lost a bunch of little things. Minor but irritating things, like a few little Roll to Spelunk documents and my Anti-Idle: The Game builds. Anyway, no update tonight. Probably. Certainly not for an hour or two while I make sure my computer isn't planning to spontaneously combust.
Wrong thread. I'm still panicky over my computer exploding, and I had it in Post Reply. I could've sworn I was about to post to Roll to Spelunk, though.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2768 on: October 28, 2013, 09:10:57 pm »

Wrong thread.
No problem. Hope your laptop is fine!

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2769 on: October 28, 2013, 09:13:52 pm »

Wrong thread.
No problem. Hope your laptop is fine!
It seems to be. Also, LibreOffice apparently performed voodoo magic as my computer was shutting down and recovered my documents perfectly.

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2770 on: October 28, 2013, 09:19:00 pm »

That's some major voodoo, bro.
The Derail Thread

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2771 on: October 28, 2013, 09:24:47 pm »

(But its the best voodoo, that you coo-do, ha ha that was horrible)
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2772 on: October 28, 2013, 09:26:09 pm »

It is. Especially since I also had Minecraft open, plus Firefox with about 20 tabs, ordered into three windows for easier access.

highmax28

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2773 on: October 28, 2013, 09:27:15 pm »

It is. Especially since I also had Minecraft open, plus Firefox with about 20 tabs, ordered into three windows for easier access.
Now that's odd but awesome

mastahcheese

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2774 on: October 28, 2013, 09:29:45 pm »

Roll to Die/Revive/Dwarf/Derail/Map-Making/Voodoo/Derail/Stall for Time/Slash/The length of titles around here is too D*** High!
The Derail Thread
Pages: 1 ... 183 184 [185] 186 187 ... 233