Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 376910 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Killllllllll FRENZY!]
« Reply #1875 on: September 17, 2013, 09:19:50 pm »

((I almost knew what was Harry going to do. And I haven't got the slightiest idea about how to kill him. Well, maybe that question can be answered by: what would happen if vacuum meets repulsive force?))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1876 on: September 17, 2013, 09:21:45 pm »

Only one way to find out, isn't there?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1877 on: September 17, 2013, 09:25:12 pm »

((Yep, but that's not going to be me. Let the rest do the hard potentially lethal work.))

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: September 17, 2013, 09:57:09 pm »

((Well he needs to make strength rolls to sustain his form, if enough people hurl strength draining spells at him he should implode))

do magical stuff that does not involve weakening harry. please dont kill me
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: September 17, 2013, 09:58:28 pm »

"This is not ideal! Let us try this again, but different! And successful!
"Necti Jupedem! Uraderke Uticat Anneell Bawsencif!"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Hapah

• Bay Watcher
  • The nice guy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: September 17, 2013, 10:18:17 pm »

Finally figured out what I want to do with my character!

((How would a man made of blackholes even move?))
I can't be expected to remember the names of everyone I've tried to stab.

Bored? Go read the EVE Chronicles.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: September 17, 2013, 10:20:53 pm »

Allow me to reference the Null Clause.

"Don't second guess magic." Null says
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

The Ensorceler

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: September 17, 2013, 10:33:33 pm »

Uh... Carlos retroactively casts:

Josionp Venes Eolginv Loodo Anneel

Please let this work...

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: September 17, 2013, 11:09:20 pm »

You only have three pool, but you do have one point you haven't spend.  Put it in channeling and you can do a four word spell.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1884 on: September 18, 2013, 12:10:05 am »

"~I've-told-every-little-star-just-how-sweet-I-think-you-are. Why-haven't-I-told-you?~"

Take a leisurely walk over to the Grand Room. Open up arms for vacuum hugs in case anyone comes over.

((I suspect this might not work as well as I initially thought, mostly due to a thing I've overlooked, but it is nothing one cannot fix with improved stats.))

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1885 on: September 18, 2013, 01:02:19 am »

Will doesnt help you if you re being smashed in the face agaisnt the ground... Oh wait look at that giant lion behind you. Oh wait you looked at it! Your brain just exploded.
Aaaand thats the reason you had so many chances at beating me. Circle of repel flesh wouldnt be a weapon but rather a protection, you wouldnt be able to get though it with your mere fists within a few turns (Depending on mage channeling) since will doesnt require pool, you can destroy people outside while safe of physical characters.
And sprinting doesnt really help you, as once you get the words to define the position you can attack players without the distances matter anymore. *Lava Where im thinking at* now its raining lava over you, or right where you step, or inside your lungs. Same with Control What im thinking of, it can affect anything you can think off, thus you could be controlled even if you re running two rooms away.

Science is gonna be done, considering there are more players at magic than physical, you cant stop that, and words will be learnt. One single turn can find a word that will easily kill physical characters. And so far no magical weapons have been able to hurt arcane energy persons. The only words i remember in Perplexicon capable of heavily hurting Arcane Energy were quicksilver and Arcane Energy itself, but triying to take a weapon out of arcane energy isnt a good idea, even if the hilt seems safe. And a weapon out of solid quicksilver will be too heavy as to be useful, and to toxic as to be safe to use.

Willmancers do not need for speed and avoiding, they can simply create a few creatures to slow enemies down while skulls are crushed, blood boils, eyes fly away like rockets, and persons are controlled into destroying stuff and killing themselves.

Conclusion: Pure-Physical characters will never beat an magical player with same quantity of souls. Magic weapons can be easily destroyed by Dispel Magic.
Also people wasnt original enough with will back in Perplexicon. Did anyone ever try to make a will-modified living magic armor? *Tries to punch person in the face, when suddenly spikes grow from helmet and pierce your hand, then the armor casts a lightning and you re dead.

You're speaking in pure hypothetical again. And Science takes time, at best it takes one turn. One turn, plenty of time to get shoulder-checked from the other side of the room. And that's supposing you find a good word immediately, instead of finding "flower" or "yellow", which are just as likely as finding anything else. The physical characters does not need to have any set-up to do an uppercut or headbutt. If you set up the hypothetical that will-based characters can easily summon up familiars, I can do the exact same and say that physical characters can bash you in before you could get a decent word out.

I made a physical character. He only could hurt and killed because of physical moves. And his killer died attempting magic.

Starting mages are weaker than physical characters. They have the potential to overpower physical characters, but in all situations with a new mage and new melee character battling, all variables make the former weaker than the latter at that point. The option of the mage is either to try to fight back, run away, or attempt a spell, which might be something good, and then might be properly cast.

Also, I find that I can have more fun role-playing physical characters than mages. And you can't beat that.
Last thing is your opinion.
Also, you cant kill, as i said, seven mages at once. And a mage might beat a physical character, overall considering they can overdrive.
You can bash one person. Then what? In a turn seven people with magic can easily do enough science as that will 99% find a word able to kill phisical. And then you wont stand a chance agaisnt most good mages.

Also Harry just used all the points on strenght... Does he realize that he still has to do endurance rolls whenever he absorbs stuff? Just throw a giant metal cylinder or something at him and he should implode.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2013, 01:06:41 am by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: September 18, 2013, 02:29:29 am »

(What were my stats again?)

find puppy
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Thearpox

• Bay Watcher
  • Failure isn't allowed until it's mandatory.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1887 on: September 18, 2013, 04:38:20 am »

((It might be a stupid question, but does vacuum equal black hole in this game? And if not, what's the practical difference?))

((Also syvarris, I have a lot of things to reply to your statement now. You know, hours pass, ideas come up. But unfortunately, I do not have the time right now, so if you'd like an exhaustive response involving my theories for why people play games, what's so involving about them, and so on, do let me know. Or somebody else for that matter. Or we can just forget about this argument for now.

Although I am a little annoyed by you saying that it's all irrelevant anyway. First of all, we are in a public space, so if anyone wants to make such a game sometime, these discussions can be helpful later. Two, the concepts we are discussing can extend much farther than Perplexicon. And I don't think there are a lot of people in the world having serious discussions about Forum Game Theory. I often find myself recycling the arguments I and others have developed before in new debates. And thirdly, everything is irrelevant if in the grand scheme of things. I honestly enjoy arguments for their own sake.))

((And yes, GrateWyrm is the best attention-deficit multitasker ever. The number of times this has caused him misunderstanding and caused me hilarity is astounding.))
Why are 100% of my posts in ER? I already have another account. Created this one specifically for playing.

Not online every Friday evening till Saturday night. If I am listed as online, I am still not online, as my computer has an annoying habit of waking up to the tiniest distraction and then going off to sleep again.

List of links to charts and graphs here. Work in progress. Check it out?

Nivim

• Bay Watcher
  • Has the asylum forgotten? Are they still the same?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: September 18, 2013, 07:09:02 am »

Spoiler: Thearpox  [= (click to show/hide)
Imagine a cool peice of sky-blue and milk-white marble about 3cm by 2cm and by 0.5cm, containing a tiny 2mm malacolite crystal. Now imagine the miles of metamorphic rock it's embedded in that no pick or chisel will ever touch. Then, imagine that those miles will melt back into their mantle long before any telescope even refracts an image of their planet. The watchers will be so excited to have that image too.
Pages: 1 ... 124 125 [126] 127 128 ... 198