Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 377992 times)

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Derm's Bone Spear]
« Reply #210 on: July 17, 2013, 12:24:21 pm »

Oh hey, somebody is running a Perplexicon-like!  You should have posted a link in the original thread. :P

Anyways, put me on the waitlist.  I'll make an actual sheet once I read through the thread.  The waitlist seems long enough that I'll have time.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: July 17, 2013, 01:15:16 pm »

Off I go!

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: July 17, 2013, 03:15:00 pm »

More research!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: July 17, 2013, 06:39:35 pm »

((Derek is waiting for Myra to take an action.  He's a pretty dependent person, so he's not about to go off somewhere on his own now that he's following somebody.))
((Timezones :/))

Search for another passage other than the one we came through. And follow Derek.

"Seems to be a perfect room. Nothing else stating how the magma is up there..

"Unless there's some sort of transparent barrier that is."
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 06:48:45 pm by Tiruin »

Lalasa

• Bay Watcher
  • And then there will be none
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: July 17, 2013, 06:46:47 pm »

Derek skitters down the northern passage that he spotted earlier, looking back to see if Myra came too.  He figured she'd get annoyed if he randomly went off somewhere, but it also was silly to wait around for people or lava to kill them, right?

"The other way is down here.  Let's go before whatever is holding the lava up decides it wants to quit!"  Whether or not it's stable is something I don't want to test! 

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: July 17, 2013, 06:50:07 pm »

"Coming! Just wondering how we got here, is all."

((@GWG about that note on burning books and whatnot: I'd prod on how old the pages look to me, and their flimsiness to my character.))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: July 17, 2013, 09:21:19 pm »

Into Potency with thee!

"Hehe... Hehahaha! HAHAHAHAHAH!"

Actions!
Cast spell at Derm

[Derm Spd:4]
[Jack Spd:3-1]

[Jack Pot:3+1]

With Derm's head start, Jack only get his spell off as Derm hits the doorway.  It wouldn't have mattered, anyway- it only pops into being right in front of Jack.  But it's quite the effect- a seriously large- the size of a small car- chunk of obsidian thuds into the ground in front of you.  You couldn't throw this at him if you wanted to.

Derm, meanwhile, enters the spike room, intent on throwing the Chinkberd into a wall of spikes.

[Str:4]  Hurrfff... it's heavy, but he impales the Chinkberd.  It starts bleeding everywhere, then crumbles into ash.  Whew, what a workout.  Another pinprick of light embeds itself in Derm's chest.

Perform research.
More research!

[Tod Spd:6+1]
[Xantalos Spd:6-1]

Xantalos begins his research.

[Pot:1]  Nothing happens.

[Pot:2]  A shimmering image appears.  What it is, you have no idea.

[Tod Dex:6+1]
[Xan Dex:4-1]

[Tod Str:3]

Also, a strange looking fellow tackles you to the ground from behind and begins trying to choke you.  He's got the upper hand, but you're not losing air yet.

Ofactidio Nunpachori

And then, because it sounds sorta like haggis

Umbulaggis

Your immediate security established, you start combining words.

[Pot:5+1]  Like last time, you get a chunk of iron, but this time it is much larger.  Much unlike last time, it shatters when it hits the floor.  That's unusual.

[Pot:1+1]  A tiny shard of crystal joins the iron fragments on the floor.

Off I go!

Shockingly, no one tries to kill you.  You get up and make it to the spike room, clutching your broken ribs.  Oh hey, there's Derm and someone new in here.  Hmm.

Search for another passage other than the one we came through. And follow Derek.
Derek skitters down the northern passage that he spotted earlier, looking back to see if Myra came too.  He figured she'd get annoyed if he randomly went off somewhere, but it also was silly to wait around for people or lava to kill them, right?

The only other exit is to the north, so you both head that way.

It leads to a large natural cavern, with uneven walls and ceilings.  There are several stalagmites and stalagmites, and a still, but deep, pool in the northwest.  The room is quite large, bigger than even the grand room.  This cavern curves gently to the northeast, where there is a wide passage that leads to a large room.  You think it might be the room you started in.

There's some natural growth in the room, as well as a few glimmers of crystal in the wall.

Quote from: Players
Scapheap:  Jack - Northeast side, Grand Room  (Pool 1/2, will refill at end of next turn) {Left hand is foot-long bone whip, tourniquet on stump}
Xantalos:  Xantalos - North ledge, Grand Room  (Pool 5/6, Ley lines on body)  {On ground, under and being choked by Tod}
Derm:  Derm - Southeast side, Spike Room (2/5 Pool, will refill at end of next turn) (3)
Piecewise: Bob -  North Center, Spike Room
Tiruin:  Myra - South entrance, Cavern
Lasla:  Derek Grimdur - South entrance, Cavern  [Wand]
Harry Baldman:  Tod-5 - North Ledge, Grand Room  {On ground, on top of and choking Xan}
Remuthra:  Joe Bridger - East side, Spike Room  {Ribs broken}
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: July 17, 2013, 09:22:03 pm »

Piecewise, I have no idea how you handled the World Beyond.  I have six tabs open just to run a turn for this game.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: July 17, 2013, 09:27:49 pm »

"Heheh... Hello again."

Actions!

Also, I'd like a more complete stats page. I kinda know what they look like now but I want to make sure they're attributed right.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 09:29:38 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #219 on: July 17, 2013, 09:47:47 pm »

Sneak up behind him and garrote him with my book.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: July 17, 2013, 10:01:35 pm »

Also, I'd like a more complete stats page. I kinda know what they look like now but I want to make sure they're attributed right.

Quote from: Derm
Strength: 0 [-1]
Dexterity:  1
Speed:  1
Endurance:  1
Potency:  3 [+1]
Will:  0 [-1]
Channelling:  5

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #221 on: July 17, 2013, 10:07:04 pm »

Piecewise, I have no idea how you handled the World Beyond.  I have six tabs open just to run a turn for this game.
It's certainly not because I'm a robot. What would ever give you that idea! HA..haha.

Bob looks at the shattered ball of iron and the bit of crystal.

"Iron shouldn't shatter. This should not be a thing. Hmm. Lets try something entirely different."

Zebridonce
Icht
Bahemnitol

Pick up a shard of Iron if it looks sharp enough to function as a make shift knife but also can be held in such a way as not to horribly maim me when I try to pick it up/swing it around/sacrifice small animals and children to dark gods with it.

Chink

• Bay Watcher
  • !
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: July 17, 2013, 11:29:31 pm »

Spoiler: Waitlist. (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: July 19, 2013, 10:14:34 am by Chink »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: July 17, 2013, 11:35:48 pm »

Cast spell.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: July 18, 2013, 12:11:15 am »

« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 03:26:41 pm by TCM »
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 198