Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 198

Author Topic: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Oh well.]  (Read 377982 times)

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
Re: The Pit of Magic: A Perplexicon Game. [Killllllllll FRENZY!]
« Reply #1980 on: September 20, 2013, 09:01:53 am »

((Ah, nothing like looking over the tome while waiting for time to pass..!))

*Bigf01t reads the tome intently, quickly shuffling between pages while waiting for his voice to catch up with this thoughts*

((How through it is everyone? I've got 127 words and all bar four of the pages' general meanings (or at least what I think they are). Turns out I have only just crossed the halfway mark. Yay.))

((Hey Derm, only three more "unfortunate accidents" and you get to smash people! Isn't this exciting!))
Reasons to kill Derm as soon as he spawns:
1) Souls.
2) Life.

Do not let him get to much power :P
reasons not to kill derm as soon as he spawns:
1) sense of fair play.
2) first row seats to the apocalypse.
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1981 on: September 20, 2013, 09:04:40 am »

((Besides, Derm does cool, possibly deadly science. You gotta love cool, possibly deadly science, right?))

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1982 on: September 20, 2013, 09:08:00 am »

((Besides, Derm does cool, possibly deadly science. You gotta love cool, possibly deadly science, right?))
If you love him so much go give him a hug.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1983 on: September 20, 2013, 09:11:29 am »

If you love him so much go give him a hug.
((i would but it would be counter productive to his characters prospects of living.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1984 on: September 20, 2013, 09:14:54 am »

((Why would you want to kill Derm? The most dangerous players are those with more souls, it's not dependant on the particular player. There are many known words, so everybody has the same threat level when they start.))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1985 on: September 20, 2013, 09:23:28 am »

((How through it is everyone? I've got 127 words and all bar four of the pages' general meanings (or at least what I think they are). Turns out I have only just crossed the halfway mark. Yay.))
((I have at least guesses for about as many words.))

Oh don't you even start with that I've been waiting fucking months.
((Try not to be so omnicidal next life. You'll reincarnate as someone who not everyone wants to kill.))

((Only when the words are public knowledge. AMPAK!))

((Why would you want to kill Derm? The most dangerous players are those with more souls, it's not dependant on the particular player. There are many known words, so everybody has the same threat level when they start.))
((Derm has...talents.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1986 on: September 20, 2013, 01:51:36 pm »

You have no idea. If you want to live dont let him have time to prepare!
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1987 on: September 20, 2013, 01:56:11 pm »

((Please, we are in a universe where what happens with our actions depends on chance. And also the control word has not been discovered yet. And I'm pretty sure that the rest will eventually team up on him, considering his fame))

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1988 on: September 20, 2013, 02:10:53 pm »

((He's not famous. George Washington is famous. Martin Luther King, Jr, is famous. Weird Al is famous. dermonster...is infamous.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1989 on: September 20, 2013, 02:14:06 pm »

((Well, yes, I said exactly the opposite of what I wanted to say. Anyway, we will have to see what do the rest of the players do when he spawns))

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #1990 on: September 20, 2013, 02:18:51 pm »

((Please, we are in a universe where what happens with our actions depends on chance. And also the control word has not been discovered yet. And I'm pretty sure that the rest will eventually team up on him, considering his fame))
Fine. I will give the word for Many to whoever kills Derm :P Multiply your spells power today!

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1991 on: September 20, 2013, 02:22:36 pm »

Fine. I will give the word for Many to whoever kills Derm :P Multiply your spells power today!
((...Dammit. Sorry, derm. I cannot resist the lure of SCIENCE!))
Sig

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1992 on: September 20, 2013, 02:23:45 pm »

I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1993 on: September 20, 2013, 02:26:14 pm »

((Somebody's fame or infame most of the time play against the individual who has them. At least in competitive games))

((Can someone tell me the feats of great Derm in the original Perplexicon? Because I haven't finished reading it all and I don't particularly pay attention to who does each thing))

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1994 on: September 20, 2013, 02:29:40 pm »

Not much of anything, actually. By the time I got in the second time after my first stupid death, we got into the open world soon afterwards and the whole 'Everyone spawns at the same place + ELDRITCH HORROR OH NOES' pretty much killed the competitive player killing till near the end.

I did lead TEAM AETHER the best team ever, though. Mostly we just screwed around doing our own thing.

I did manage a six player kill streak in here on my first life, before the dice went retarded and the unconscious guy I hit in the head with a Str6 didn't lose a turn like I did when that happened to me, and killed me with my own spear.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2013, 02:35:29 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 131 132 [133] 134 135 ... 198