Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12

Author Topic: Energy Quest, a robot survival game. [5/5] - Back together  (Read 18514 times)

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
Re: Energy Quest, a robot survival game. [4/4] - Floor the Second
« Reply #75 on: August 04, 2013, 12:43:09 pm »

Onwards, to the generator.
Ow! How the fuck do eldritch abominations bitchslap people?
With our pimp tentacles, obviously.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 04, 2013, 10:05:57 pm »

1W 2S.  See if any useful parts can be taken whole from that bot.  Sword it (power 2) if I need to do so.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 05, 2013, 08:28:28 am »

Unit 152 looks around for secret doors. After what you believe is a through search however, you are so sure there are no additional doors that one door is unmade from existing by the power of your certainty. Hoping you didn't break anything important with that search, you continue onwards towards the generator with the other two nearby.

TSTR-51, planning a thievery upon the nearby malfunctioning robot, heads mostly south, and then once more south to reach said robot. He then manages to rip off one of its arms without it noticing. The shoulder starts leaking fluids as a result of you just tearing off a portion of the bot, and soon afterwards the malfbot is aflame next to him, making it rather unpleasant to stay nearby any longer.

A gunshot is heard to the far south.

Scarlet will reach generator next turn unless otherwise instructed.
Unit 152 - 2 turns.
Scav-Bot Beta - 3 turns.
Map Legend:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Status (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: August 05, 2013, 08:38:47 am by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
Quote from: RedKing
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

Carry on
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Oopsie.

1S 2E, repeat previous procedure
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile

Leg it to the generator, mate!

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile

Scuse me~

Keep on carrying on to the generator.

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile

Scarlet reaches the doorslot of the generator and grabs the wall, being recharged slightly slower but just as well. Unit 152 and Scav-Bot Beta continue northwards. Another malfbot wanders into view from the east.

TSTR-51 attempts to remove more parts, but gets zapped by the bot while pulling off a hunk of armor. THe bot doesn't seem to notice for some reason, maybe it was poorly attached. The first bot continues to burn.

Map Legend:

Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext
It's known as the Oppai-Kaiju effect. The islands of Japan generate a sort anti-gravity field, which allows breasts to behave as if in microgravity. It's also what allows Godzilla and friends to become 50 stories tall, and lets ninjas run up the side of a skyscraper.

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile

Proceed onwards.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile

Move to MalfBot NE of me.  Rip more chunks off it.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile

Onwards to victory power!

scapheap

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm a good guy...girl. My horse just eat souls.
    • View Profile

Move to the bottom room thing
You were planning to have a 15 year old magical girl kill Witches by drinking them under the table!? It's original, at least.
Morpheus, a magic girls game

Aklyon

• Bay Watcher
  • Fate~
    • View Profile
Re: Energy Quest, a robot survival game [4/4] - TSTR-51, Stealer of parts!
« Reply #87 on: August 06, 2013, 02:16:37 pm »

Another Malfbot trudges in from the south as you hear another shot echo from the same direction. Unit 152 rechages itself at the generator wall, and then ponders what to do while the minipathbot continues to spin around atop him. Oreosome continues towards the generator, anticipating the power to be had next turn.

As Scarlet leaves, it ends up in the middle of several sparking robots of various shapes. A couple turn to look, but nothing seems to happen from it yet if anything is going to. In the meantime however, the burning bot collapses with a burst of static from it into a pile of half-melted parts and molten wiring, and TSTR-51's next target ends up next to him instead of him moving to it. In what is probably not supposed to have fit, one of its arms squeezes into the core of the bot and tears a hole out of it, bringing with it the power core! The bot falls over and emits sporadic bursts of sparks, before stopping completely. He gains the power from the core, and with all the success at part thievery he's had, gains a skill: Part Thief. (+1 to stealing parts from active bots)

There is now two salvageable wrecks on the cavern floor.

Current moves if no action given:
Scav-Bot Beta - moving to generator (1 turn)
Scarlet - moving to bottom room thing (2 turns)
Map Legend:

« Last Edit: August 06, 2013, 02:19:30 pm by Aklyon »
Crystalline (SG)
Sigtext

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Energy Quest, a robot survival game. [4/4] - TSTR-51, Stealer of parts!
« Reply #88 on: August 06, 2013, 02:29:58 pm »

System notice:  Coding optimization made in acquisition module.  Testing of code update schedule.

Schedule notice:  Testing of acquisition module coding required.  Target located.

Go liberate some parts from the malfbot to the SE!

OREOSOME

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM.
    • View Profile
Re: Energy Quest, a robot survival game. [4/4] - TSTR-51, Stealer of parts!
« Reply #89 on: August 06, 2013, 03:07:31 pm »

Keep going, mate! You're almost there!
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 12