Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 65

Author Topic: Perpublicon: Round 1: Toaster Vs Tsuchi  (Read 127707 times)

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
Re: Perpublicon: Publishing the Perplexicon
« Reply #75 on: August 18, 2013, 08:41:04 pm »

Nah, just a roll table for personalities of inanimate but alive objects.
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 18, 2013, 08:43:59 pm »

That was a separate suggestion, actually.

Maybe sentience and sapience should be rolled into one word. Not much point of having a smart sword if it can't be a smart-aleck sword.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 18, 2013, 10:35:15 pm »

Too complicated.
Well, then answer Piecewise question: What should a sword made out of love do?

It should be embeded with Love & Harmony. When it hits a target, target bursts into flames and explodes.

Also, Idea:

Modifier Word: American
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 18, 2013, 10:36:03 pm »

Why?
And what?
And huh?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 18, 2013, 11:07:12 pm »

Too complicated.
Perplexicon

Too complicated

DOES NOT COMPUTE
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: August 19, 2013, 02:21:34 am »

What about a Fractal modifier? It could make some interesting weapons and creatures...
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #81 on: August 19, 2013, 02:32:05 am »

What about a Fractal modifier? It could make some interesting weapons and creatures...
More like geometric shape.
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 19, 2013, 02:42:18 am »

Fractals don't really have a defined shape, they have a defined pattern, with the actual shape being determined by the shape words used. That way people could have fractal swords and fractal nyan cat bombardment spells.
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #83 on: August 19, 2013, 05:38:40 am »

I know theres Water and Ice, but is there Snow?
Also, i want a circle which allows you to create a customized creature.
You can already do that, but its kinda limited, you can only use the pool you have in that moment, and there arent really enough words as to create a good custom race.
I want my ´´Four Magic Drain Obsidian Tentacle, Steel Sharp Claws, Large Tail Sting Inject (This Creature) Life Drain Egg, Speedy Strong Resistant Agile, Poison Teeth, Boiling Acid Goo Breath, Hard Bone Wings, Giant Antimagic(Post-Summoning though circles) Crystal Lizard``

My favourite fact about this creature: It injects their eggs into their victims, those eggs drain the life of their host to grow and get born quickly, debilitating, if not killing, the host. And they drain magic though their tentacles.
And it has a +1 to Speed, Strenght, Endurance and Dexterity, and is immune to magic. Good luck killing one of these (If they ever get summoned in a game, which would be EPIC!)

Know how much it costs? 30 Pool. Plus extra 5 wasted post summoning to make the Antimagic circle.
Who would ever have 30 Channelling? Perhaps in a Open World type it would be factible, but in a Arena type? Not really. However with a circle you can add words over time, rather than all at once (And you can do beetween more people). With 5 Pool it would take 7 Turns (Antimagic included) to make one.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2013, 05:50:28 am by Sarzael »
"They say love is the most powerful force in the universe. I'm trying to harness it to make weapons of mass destruction."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: August 19, 2013, 06:28:21 am »

Maybe we could have a rule that lets us write circles smaller than normal? Circleception, if we have a thin enough writing implement and a steady enough hand.
Sig

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #85 on: August 19, 2013, 06:52:11 am »

Maybe we could have a rule that lets us write circles smaller than normal? Circleception, if we have a thin enough writing implement and a steady enough hand.
I though we could already have circles of any size as long as scale was same?

Tsuchigumo550

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Artificer
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: August 19, 2013, 05:49:51 pm »

Circles in circles worked, iirc. I never did anything USEFUL, but I did try to circle in the circles, and never got a "yer can't do that."
There are words that make the booze plant possible. Just not those words.
Alright you two. Attempt to murder each other. Last one standing gets to participate in the next test.
DIRK: Pelvic thrusts will be my exclamation points.

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #87 on: August 20, 2013, 04:16:06 am »

Circles in circles worked, iirc. I never did anything USEFUL, but I did try to circle in the circles, and never got a "yer can't do that."
Tried doing two circles inside a Fusion Circle? Perhaps you would have got something fun.

Anyways, i got an idea that would have fixed piecewise ploblems: Making a giant fusion circle and fusing every single person into one.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: August 20, 2013, 06:08:58 am »

Tried doing two circles inside a Fusion Circle? Perhaps you would have got something fun.

Anyways, i got an idea that would have fixed piecewise ploblems: Making a giant fusion circle and fusing every single person into one.
That would have been AWESOME.
Sig

Sarzael

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Starbound
« Reply #89 on: August 20, 2013, 06:24:08 am »

That would have been AWESOME.
Which of the two things i mentioned?
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 65