Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 976928 times)

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #2775 on: January 15, 2014, 12:43:45 pm »

the Almighty Blessing seems like it would work well alongside my super power, because with impeccable aim and 30 dex, dodging any of my attacks is probably not all that easy.

the damage not being reduced, oh well, I have 5 power and a long needle. The damage itself is not that stellar to begin with. It's all in the side effects caused by the targets

as for the ebola, I may or may not simply add a syringe to my arsenal in the future
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: January 15, 2014, 12:44:02 pm »

She then saves her Ubers for Selina.
Ubering an engineer?

((excuse me? that kind of godmodding standard around here? I'll play along, for now, but seriously))
To be perfectly fair, your character is absolutely tiny.
And we don't want to be rolling dice every 5 minutes.

((It would bother most people really, since that would be like having Ashley teleport behind him and floor him without a roll.))
If Ashley was also super-strong, perhaps that would be a good analogy.

((Now you're just over thinking things.))
That's the best kind of thinking!

"Also, I found out I can breast feed her!" Conny seems happy about this.
Someone needs to call the press about this breaking scientific discovery.

((Will was trading insults with the new tiny person who is controlled by Arkroma.
He was more questioning her story.
And it's not trading insults if she doesn't reply. C'mon, Akroma, you can do better!

and a small field where very tiny wheat is planted.
...Very tiny wheat wouldn't work. It would be about the same height as grass, if not smaller, and would most likely be overshadowed--literally--by common grass. Which also grows faster.

iss...that character currently being actively used?

because that kinda ability is kinda essential for a character like that to work
Like what? Small? Don't be silly, there's a lot of other powers like that. Pyromancy, for instance (although that's taken by Angel/Nuriel). Telepathy. Size-changing. Stuff like that. Use your imagination.

also, what exactly is that other characters power, perhaps both powers can be differentiated enough to not overlap too much
If I'm not mistaken, Elf is referring to Will, who is from the Super Academy world. His power is, to summarize it in a single compound word, super-intuition. Figuring out weaknesses is one of the applications.

alternatively

I see that almost everyone is running multiple characters, then, should the one with the similar ability be a minor character, I'd kindly request that the minor character should consider altering the power, I mean, with 50+ characters, pretty much all interesting powers are already reserved, but so many of them are just minor side characters
1. Will's a pretty major character. I think he's taken over as my main one ever since Angel got grounded.
2. I highly disagree that there are only 50 interesting powers. I'm thinking here of Worm, which had hundreds of parahumans with distinct powersets, and which kept each one interesting. Sure, a lot are more specific than what we'd be looking for here, but similarly we have a lot more options we could choose from.

what's wrong with two characters having similar powers. My character is about all the perks of being tiny, going with a stealthy, analytic approach, that requires planning and great care. chances are the other character has an entirely different approach as to what to make of this power
Ah...well, take out "tiny" and replace it with some sarcasm/psychoanalysis/psychological warfare, and you've more or less got it.
Oh, and Will tends to make his plans' details up on the fly, but he does create an outline carefully. (Although that doesn't take much time for him, so...)

excuse me for assuming that the character that the first character on the list, with the relatively long description, that GWG posted as earlier was the main character,
while the character who is just named Will, and has no description besides "will get description when he matters" was the side character.
Different game. Different requirements.
And Angel is my main character, in theory.

I find slight offense that my entire charconcept gets canceled because people with a dozen characters called upon a similar ability without even making it a full sentence
1. The Slayers guys are gone. Thanks for reminding me to remove them.
2. Power isn't everything, Akroma. I'd say your character's height and background vary much, much more than her power.

I am not sure what you mean "he's better about characters"

like, grammaticaly, I can't discern coherent meaning from that
I have two or three characters, depending on if you count Nuriel as separate from Angel.
Others have half a dozen, or even a full dozen. And don't get me started on folks with summons...

if that ability is not differentiated enough from "always knows exactly what to do to solve any given problem", then I dont know what
It's not so much that he knows exactly what to do to solve every problem. It's...
Well, I based Will's power off of that of Tattletale from Worm. Your description is more like Contessa.

and man "only" 3 characters?

I mean, 3 characters is alright and all, we do that in our RPGs all the time, for the time when the party inevitably splits up and doing 3-4 solo-rpgs is boring, but playing 3 characters at once in the same scene?

crazy
Most folks have more.

you should consider opening an IRC channel, it would speed up the non-plot parts by 2000%
Two problems.
1. IRC chat can't really be saved.
2. Time zones. I think most of the players are in North America, but Elf is in England and wolfchild is in Australia if I recall correctly. This causes problems, since Elf is the GM and the player of the only characters Stella interacts with much are all usually asleep when wolfchild is awake.
There's a reason we use forums.

because most posts are just single sentences, not even containing actions. an actual chat would support a flowing dialouge, and not stuff like these mega posts that respond to 2 dozen posts at once, many of which are already on a different topic. you knows, time-paradox conversation
That has more to do with the fact that my time is broken up into little fragments.

also, I would have argued that, since the game seems to have a romance focus (or at least that was my impression so far), it would leave a plattform for action outside the confines of a pg-13 forum. then again, the thread is so huge and fast moving, I reckon Elf could post a long and intricate description of various non-rule conform activities and nobody would ever take notice of it
Well, we've already found a remarkably simple way to deal with it.
"Fade to Black."
There is an infant resulting from such activities already in play. Her name is Elizabeth.

This could be the start of the SenXKyle ship you know. *marks off on Kyle shipping bingo*
If you mean a master servant thing with Sen being dominant, then yes, otherwise Sen refuses.
Eh. Kyle will be able to make Sen see things his way.
Or not. The results should be amusing either way.

...Isn't Gold or Elf running the interview though?
Since I've been the only one contributing to the events the interviews will be discussing...me.

More seriously, for Ester: Has her father gotten himself in some kind of trouble? :p
He abandoned his daughter for having magic, a fact that is being circulated through the Internet thanks to Will. Also, he reported to the police that Ester had been physically abused for her magic.
He's in trouble.

dear god, all those time paradoxes, it's as if you had taken a photoalbum and pasted cuts of your face all over it. Well over 300 posts have been made, many of them almost a whole day ago by now. In that time, the conversation has gone through about 20 different topics. Isn't it enough to say that a character of a player who was away simply went off to do different things, and then hop in back into the thing by adressing just the latest topic?
Not if I can't justify it IC.
Besides, Will's dialogue is fun to write.

I'll just imagine that will occasionaly snaps out of a coma like trance, his mouth moving so fast that he delivers several hours of conversations within split seconds, like a bursting balloon, until he finaly slows down to an illegible tempo, as his mind finaly catches up with the flow of time
I like the interpretation that Angel has the ability to retcon herself into events better.

...nor does it make much sense that Will just stands there and keeps talking to me like that without me giving an immediate reaction.
You could just say that your character does what most people do and ignores Will.

Meanwhile in B, Will kept taking offense in Hainuweles existance not being properly explained, and gets more and more agitated at the lack of explanation, to the point where he becomes insulting and appearantly has gained a severe dislike...
Eh, that's nothing too special. He likes needling everyone and doesn't much like liars, plot holes, or fourth-wall-breaking.

(And most people seem to ignore my giant posts anyways. *shrug*)

All I know is a giant Kaiju is apparently attacking halfway through. Unless GWG nerfed it from the source he used it from.
...I wasn't serious. Am I not allowed to make jokes?

dear god, why is everyone everyones alternate personality..
Angel has a demon bound to her. The "alternate personality" is a completely separate being (in theory).
Not!Selina alias Luna was made via accidental mindrape.
I can't think of anyone else with an alternate personality.

So basically you're getting a sword forged by King Arthur, enchanted by someone with millenia of experience to draw on from her family records, and then blessed by GOD HERSELF. :P))
Do we have anyone else we could fit into the mix? Maybe get one of the demons to do something, or have Will sharpen it to an ideal edge, or something?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: January 15, 2014, 12:46:03 pm »

VENGEANCE FOR ALL THE TIMES YOU TOOK ME LITERALLY GWG
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHI'm sad

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: January 15, 2014, 12:53:11 pm »

Hmm...

Will could probably do that, yeah. Might as well have him fact-check the spellwork, too, since his superpowers would still apply.
Quote from: Wing, via Discord
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: January 15, 2014, 12:55:33 pm »

...How about making its tip continuously secrete ClF3 as long as its embedded in an object.
Or making a ridiculously oversized weapon out of consolidated distortions or some other extremely low-mass material?
Quote from: Caellath (on Discord)
<Caellath>: Emp is the hero we don't need, deserve or want

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: January 15, 2014, 12:57:07 pm »

...How about making its tip continuously secrete ClF3 as long as its embedded in an object.
Or making a ridiculously oversized weapon out of consolidated distortions or some other extremely low-mass material?

Eh, at that point sheer size would be an issue for her, probably. I mean, maybe a greatsword? But beyond that it'd just be silly.
I want a coat that doesn't make me look like a rear admiral from the East India Company

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: January 15, 2014, 12:57:44 pm »

There's still the ClF3 option.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: January 15, 2014, 12:58:01 pm »

What's happen?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2783 on: January 15, 2014, 12:58:58 pm »

Tried it with Niefilhiem and the Phoenix Empire sacreds. Works out pretty well if you also have Nature 9 or 10 to give the regen affect. Then they just become trolly giants.

Goddamn, that sounds awesome. I know that one of the problems with giants is that they are extremely vulnerable to getting swarmed by smaller units, so Blood Vengeance sounds amazing for them... The only problem is that giants are expensive as hell, and poor scales aren't going to help anything. Still, I might give it a shot sometimes. Sounds like fun.

((Now you're just over thinking things.))
That's the best kind of thinking!

Yep. Still overthinking it though.

More seriously, for Ester: Has her father gotten himself in some kind of trouble? :p
He abandoned his daughter for having magic, a fact that is being circulated through the Internet thanks to Will. Also, he reported to the police that Ester had been physically abused for her magic.
He's in trouble.

Oh, right. It's baseless slander, but I might be able to work that in. *makes notes*

All I know is a giant Kaiju is apparently attacking halfway through. Unless GWG nerfed it from the source he used it from.
...I wasn't serious. Am I not allowed to make jokes?

Apparently not.

Empiricist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: January 15, 2014, 01:00:15 pm »

There's a new PC who is so small that her primary weapon is a needle. We're trying to enhance her weapon to violate as many weapon restrictions as possible. @Elf himself suggested accelerated Ebola.

RangerCado

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: January 15, 2014, 01:00:33 pm »

Maybe we should have a blitz game some time USEC. It would certainly be entertaining.
The best ship is the one where one of them is literally allergic to the other~
Quote from: NakaTeleeli
"A room ain't messy less you can't find nothin!"
[/quote]

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: January 15, 2014, 01:01:15 pm »

oh god, yet another post-to-say-it-all

where to start

To be perfectly fair, your character is absolutely tiny.
And we don't want to be rolling dice every 5 minutes.

To be perfectly fair, my character runs on the same stats as everyone else. Else it would auto-default to a char with just 1 in every physical attribute and I suppose normal mind attributes. The 30 dex is to be interpreted that by comparison to this characters sheer agility, an average human is more or less just a slow and lumbering object, at times moving almost in slow-mo, furthermore henhanced by, for a human, being and incredibly difficult target. It takes the eyes and the movement speed of a speed-oriented magical girl to keep up with that.

Similar can be said about the aim. Imagine trying to hit a coin. It's a very small, difficult target, while for Hainuwele, it's about as much size as just an average target.
An analogy to a normal human hitting a coin is Hainuwele hitting half a grain of rice, maybe even smaller, depending on the value of the coin.

then again, the stats sort of come without referance. What would be the average dex for a normal human being, and how does 30 scale to that? Is 30 prince of persia level, or already going for sonic characters?  I have no clue, but I think 30 is a lot.

...Very tiny wheat wouldn't work. It would be about the same height as grass, if not smaller, and would most likely be overshadowed--literally--by common grass. Which also grows faster.

That's why you clean the field from non-desired plants, you know, just like in normal agriculture. Get a nice clean field, get rid of dem weeds. If weaponised ebola needles is among the first ideas for a weapon upgrade in this game, then tiny wheat is the least of the problems.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

ragnarok97071

• Bay Watcher
  • /人 ◕ ‿‿ ◕人\
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: January 15, 2014, 01:02:58 pm »

There's a new PC who is so small that her primary weapon is a needle. We're trying to enhance her weapon to violate as many weapon restrictions as possible. @Elf himself suggested accelerated Ebola.

This is B12. Did you really expect something different?

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: January 15, 2014, 01:05:28 pm »

Meanwhile, on the police front, Andras, a cop, just told the cops to turn him away if he shows up and tries to report them.

Because lol Andras.

Also, since nobody actually MADE a character that tiny, there's no way for me to handle that yet without me making a special rule set for tiny characters... -_-

30 is however usually fairly fit for a normal human and fast for a magic girl.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: January 15, 2014, 01:05:50 pm »

You are thinking ordinary sewing needles. I mean the long, moderately thick heavy duty stuff for more complicated crafts, refer to a a link to an image provided when the idea of weapon boosts first came up. The biggest of those kind of needles would be about an inch taller than the character, and wielded like a spear
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 1030