Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Best ship?

AngelxAlistair (Toy ship ahoy!)
- 2 (8.7%)
RichardxCyrielle (Yes, she's a side character. No, that does not make this any less cute.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelinaxYurixNuriel (HAREM)
- 5 (21.7%)
RichardxCamille (The only couple who knew each other for longer than two months. Woo~)
- 1 (4.3%)
AshleyxConnyxNurielxBismuth (OPPOSING HAREM)
- 1 (4.3%)
LylexEveryone (An Uke and five Semes. Go figure.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AlistairxCatherine (Minako, eat your heart out.)
- 0 (0%)
MariaxSelina (The original, accept no substitutes.)
- 1 (4.3%)
LyleXRichard (Too much yuri, not enough yaoi.)
- 1 (4.3%)
IzzyxLucas (Because a normal tsundere is not enough.)
- 1 (4.3%)
WillxStella (*insert witty tagline here*)
- 2 (8.7%)
MariexEveryone (Marie, duh.)
- 2 (8.7%)
AshleyXRichard (Screw retcons, I want my OTP now!)
- 1 (4.3%)
MariaxMattxSelina (The original OT3. And who was Matt again?)
- 2 (8.7%)
Richard/CyriellexFourth Wall (Who didn't see this coming?)
- 2 (8.7%)

Total Members Voted: 23

Pages: 1 ... 700 701 [702] 703 704 ... 1030

Author Topic: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: MOAR LAMPSHADES PLEASE  (Read 977229 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Rise of the Magic Girls v2 OOC: Oh mah gawd, the angst!
« Reply #10515 on: March 31, 2014, 06:58:58 am »

over by now? so you do no longer wish to play Nuriel?
should have said so from the start, in that case I wouldn't have gone demon hunting. I thought the plot was not over yet.
The plot isn't over with, that's my point. A little proactivity and the portal would have never opened.

I think he meant that as 'if people had thought there was a problem despite me not hinting at one then this might be over faster'.
...He's a demon, who was being cornered by the King of Hell. How the hell is he trustworthy? Why the hell did Lucifer et al think he wouldn't try to pull a fast one to save his own hide?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
  • Death and I, we have an understanding
    • View Profile
« Reply #10516 on: March 31, 2014, 07:48:55 am »

for someone who values wisdom and knowledge over power, Seham certainly was impatient. Lucifers original plan was to give him advice and to *buy* Will from him. Instead, Seham now has a big bright target painted on his back. Seham fucked up, not Lucifer. Lucifer only said he'd go and see what he can do about getting Will back. Will is back. 100% success

also, Kyle is no longer with the main cast because his strategy to solving problems is to run away and pretend there are none. I mean, whatever happened to the part where he wanted to be a good father to Lunette? But nope, the moment he faces some critique, bam, all resolution is gone, and he abandons his family to live on the other end of the world. True, ICARUS coud have handled the whole thing a bit better, but seriously, Kyle is a terrible father
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
  • A tricky dick that can't be impeached
    • View Profile
« Reply #10517 on: March 31, 2014, 07:54:18 am »

I'm not talking about that.
I'm talking about the fact that there was no reason to think Will or Angel were in trouble.

And why wouldn't Kyle get away from the plqce where he got yelled at for reacting to stress normally?

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10518 on: March 31, 2014, 08:10:09 am »

because doing so means abandoning most of his friends and his family. Kyle is a father and has responsibilities, you know.
Find comfort in that most people of intelligence jeer at the inmost mysteries, if superior minds were ever placed in fullest contact with the secrets preserved by
 ancient and lowly cults, the resultant abnormalities would soon not only wreck the world, but threathen the very ingerity of the cosmos

Atnegam

• Bay Watcher
  • Yoooooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10519 on: March 31, 2014, 08:30:35 am »

Wait, all audio feed is heard through the bracelets? So Mal gets to hear this?
Quote from: black,2,300
"Yeah, it's really embarrasing to watch Rose make such an obviously wrong choice. Mallory over you? Just silly. Even by heteronormative standards."[/glow]
PLEASE LET HIM HEAR THIS SO HE CAN GO INTO VENTING MODE. xD

Akroma

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10520 on: March 31, 2014, 08:31:14 am »

yup, he heared this

Atnegam

• Bay Watcher
  • Yoooooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10521 on: March 31, 2014, 08:32:22 am »

Fucking phone can't format quotes well xD but yaaaaay

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10522 on: March 31, 2014, 08:33:40 am »

It's better than him growing hateful of Icarus.

Atnegam

• Bay Watcher
  • Yoooooo
    • View Profile
« Reply #10523 on: March 31, 2014, 08:46:46 am »

Yeah,  it's why he does it xD. Sadly it's going to have to wait until after my speech class.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10524 on: March 31, 2014, 08:54:40 am »

Actually I was responding to Akroma trying to paint Kyle as a bad person.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10525 on: March 31, 2014, 09:42:39 am »

for someone who values wisdom and knowledge over power, Seham certainly was impatient. Lucifers original plan was to give him advice and to *buy* Will from him.
Will, the thing that made the portal work*. The portal, the only thing that was going to let him get out of his rut.
Lucifer, well-known for being truthful, as his title of "The Lord of Lies" and status as a demon indicates.

*Well, technically it'll work, in a way similar to how a car without an ignition system will work.

Seham fucked up, not Lucifer. Lucifer only said he'd go and see what he can do about getting Will back. Will is back. 100% success
1. Seham did not "fuck up" if Lucifer did not. He got what he wanted, and he'd rather be hunted but have that world than not have that world and be invaded anyways because he's a weak target.
2. Lucifer definitely dropped the ball. Sure, he did what he was asked to, but did he do it well?

also, Kyle is no longer with the main cast because his strategy to solving problems is to run away and pretend there are none. I mean, whatever happened to the part where he wanted to be a good father to Lunette? But nope, the moment he faces some critique, bam, all resolution is gone, and he abandons his family to live on the other end of the world. True, ICARUS coud have handled the whole thing a bit better, but seriously, Kyle is a terrible father
And boyfriend. And friend. And person.

I'm not talking about that.
I'm talking about the fact that there was no reason to think Will or Angel were in trouble.
There are so many things wrong with that.
Angel and Will vanished without a word. Nothing is wrong with that?
Angel apparently stayed in her parents' hospital room for an extended period of time, and apparently removed and lost her bracelet somehow. Nothing is wrong with that?
Will was recorded being beaten up and dragged into the woods. Nothing is wrong with that?!?
I could go on.

And why wouldn't Kyle get away from the plqce where he got yelled at for reacting to stress normally?
I don't think he was reacting "normally," or at least not well.
Kyle's sounding like a damn big jerk, apathetic to everyone except himself. Is this intentional?

It's better than him growing hateful of Icarus.
Why?

Actually I was responding to Akroma trying to paint Kyle as a bad person.
I don't think it's "painting" so much as "outlining".
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Twi

• Bay Watcher
  • ✨heterotemporality✨
    • View Profile
« Reply #10526 on: March 31, 2014, 09:43:47 am »

Kyle's not really a bad person,but he is certainly very, very flawed. And I'm okay with that. I think.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #10527 on: March 31, 2014, 09:45:06 am »

Before we start character bashing, might I add that taking this to IRC might be a better idea than, y'know, letting it descend into ad hominem insults / just outright bashing here? Character bashing in itself makes up about third quarters of the arguments here.

kj1225

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10528 on: March 31, 2014, 09:51:13 am »

Kyle is unable to help his friend so of course he's a jerk for being greatly upset by it.
 And when has Kyle intentionally been a bad friend?
No one talked about the video and Kyle could care less about Will anyways.
And why would Angel need a reason to take off her bracelet?
Why does any of the cast need one?
It would be bad for her mental health.
Fuck you GWG I'm trying to play him the way I think he should be played.

IamanElfCollaborator

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Shipper God and Freyjapiller
    • View Profile
« Reply #10529 on: March 31, 2014, 09:52:42 am »

Kyle is unable to help his friend so of course he's a jerk for being greatly upset by it.
 And when has Kyle intentionally been a bad friend?
No one talked about the video and Kyle could care less about Will anyways.
And why would Angel need a reason to take off her bracelet?
Why does any of the cast need one?
It would be bad for her mental health.
Fuck you GWG I'm trying to play him the way I think he should be played.
And here is why I want this discussion off thread, mainly because then it leads to more people bashing shit, which, frankly, makes no sense.

I agree with Twi; Kyle is immensely flawed, but he isn't a bad guy.
Pages: 1 ... 700 701 [702] 703 704 ... 1030