Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 256023 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: Caution Meets Wind, Adventure Ensues
« Reply #1920 on: June 06, 2014, 09:09:18 pm »

"..."

Just watch.  Be prepared to run if shit goes gnarly.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #1921 on: June 07, 2014, 05:07:59 am »

Dave, not keen on being swallowed up by the nasty-looking ground, tries to escape!

[Dave's body roll: 2-1-1-1]

It immediately becomes apparent that, in the state Dave's in, it might not be a real option to just dig himself out. And so, before he can even gain an upward inch, the ground pulls again.

[Ground vs. Dave: 1 vs. 3-1-1-1]

And so he slowly descends, the ground rising up to his mouth, and a whiff of the distinctly fungal aroma of it makes Dave very much queasy.

[Ground vs. Dave: 3 vs. 3-1-1-1]

Before he can do much else, he disappears into the ground, blackness surrounding him as he is pulled downward for an uncertain amount of time, eventually stopping in an area that feels... strangely air-filled, non-claustrophobic and habitable, though still terrifyingly dark.

"The <***> is here," a faint voice near him says.

"<***> he is," another voice agrees.

"<***> has arrived," a third voice interjects.

"<***> can <***> that," the first one says peevishly.

"<***> would you <***> about being a <***>?" the second one asks, presumably of Dave.

"Are <***> not <***>?" the third one says concernedly.

"<***> are <***>," the first voice remarks, possibly mockingly.

"Ha," the second voice says in an alien, distinctly unamused tone.

"<***> are <***>," the third voice grumbles.

"Aha! You are a demon of exthquithite tathte, I see. Here. It givethe a nithe clean buzzzthf and awethome tentaclth," Halesey  says, offering the demon a full kilo of eldritch cocaine at once. The clown takes the whole bag and begins snorting it all at once.

"Thith thit ith wack, bro," Larry comments as the contents of the bag disappear up the clown's large, red nose, which seems to be disturbingly not false at all. After a minute of amazing nasal vacuum action, the clown raises his head from the bag, dabbing a finger in what remains, then rubbing that along his lime green teeth. Strangely, he doesn't appear at all visually different from the extreme overdose of the stuff, although the way he seems to be sort of hula dancing probably means it's working somehow. The clown cracks his head, then stares levelly at Halesey, grinning wildly, his eyes now a solid black.

"Weak buzz, cut with a whole lot of things, low quality, great quantity!" he critiques the batch excitedly. "Let's go smash things before it wears off!"

John, agreeing with Luz that this room is definitely bad news, decides to leave.

"Allrighty then. Let's hope the next door is more promising than this one," he says as they return to the main room - the door to the box room doesn't disappear, just like the door to the lab. Opening the next door, John begins to sense a bit of a pattern - it's another void room, complete with koto-playing cowman.

"Moo to you, sir and madam," he says. "Having a good time?"

"No, not at all," Luz says.

"Good," the cowman replies.

THE DUNKER freely admits his true affiliation to the men with guns - he has no reason to hide it, you know?

"No one in particular. My stomach and endorphin glands, I suppose."

The man in the black bathrobe nods. "Good an employer as anything, I guess." He then takes a look at Eta's box. "Ma'am, give this man a donut. He clearly needs one."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #1922 on: June 07, 2014, 06:01:48 am »

"Well, I guethe it'th a bit cut with tentaclth, but, you know... Fanthy another kilo? What do you wanna smathe?"

Offer kilo. Ask.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1923 on: June 07, 2014, 06:13:09 am »

"Well, I guethe it'th a bit cut with tentaclth, but, you know... Fanthy another kilo? What do you wanna smathe?"

Offer kilo. Ask.

You don't have another kilo - the rest is with Larry. And the clown doesn't seem to want any more.

"What do I want so smash? Haw-hum!" he says, then turns away from you and begins winding up his fist in a comical fashion, striking at the air after a moment. Oddly, a patch of air reacts as if it were a solid thing, and shatters into millions of tiny pieces, leaving a doorway emitting a heavenly light in its wake. "First layer of heaven sounds very smashable right now, hahah!"

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #1924 on: June 07, 2014, 06:16:49 am »

"Good day to you as well. You wouldn't happen to know what door our friend is behind?"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #1925 on: June 07, 2014, 07:26:24 am »

Eta wasn't really sure about what was going on right now. But her mind offered her no better alternative so she simply obeyed the man.
"If you think it's for the best." she said in a resigned manner and began walking towards the reception where she had left her doughnuts. She grabbed a single doughnut with her thumb and index finger and brought it back. She extended her arm to offer the doughnut while keeping her distance.
"I don't understand. What is going on? What is going to happen now?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1926 on: June 07, 2014, 07:31:15 am »

"Good day to you as well. You wouldn't happen to know what door our friend is behind?"

"I most certainly wouldn't, moo. The things behind the doors only begin to be there when you open them."

"Well, I don't understand either."

"And I am in the dark as well."

"But I think this man needs a donut nevertheless."
« Last Edit: June 07, 2014, 07:34:46 am by Harry Baldman »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1927 on: June 07, 2014, 07:34:29 am »

"That seems reasonable enough. I suppose we'll be leaving then, since it seems we simply barged into your private room. Doesn't seem like there's anything for us to do here. Unless this is some kind of test. It's not some kind of test, right?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1928 on: June 07, 2014, 07:35:45 am »

"That seems reasonable enough. I suppose we'll be leaving then, since it seems we simply barged into your private room. Doesn't seem like there's anything for us to do here. Unless this is some kind of test. It's not some kind of test, right?"

"I forget. It seemed like a good idea at the time, whatever this is, but many things do."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1929 on: June 07, 2014, 07:39:18 am »

"Ain't that the truth. I feel like 'it seemed like a good idea at the time' has become somewhat of a recurring theme in my life lately. Well, we'll just leave you be then. Good day to you, sir."

Leave kotocow to his playing! enter another door in the hallway!

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1930 on: June 07, 2014, 09:28:36 am »

"Vat?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1931 on: June 07, 2014, 02:52:26 pm »

"Vat?"

"<***> has not been <***>!"

"!"

"!"

"<***> do not <***>?"

"<***>!"

"Yes, <***>!"

A pause ensues, after which the first voice speaks again, this time very slowly and deliberately.

"Ahem. Do. You. Want. To. Be. A. False. Prophet."

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1932 on: June 07, 2014, 02:59:33 pm »

"Umm... maybe. What would that entail? Will I be smote?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1933 on: June 07, 2014, 03:07:05 pm »

"Umm... maybe. What would that entail? Will I be smote?"

"Probably. Not."

"Unless. You. Fail."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #1934 on: June 07, 2014, 03:07:30 pm »

Eta wasn't really sure about what was going on right now. But her mind offered her no better alternative so she simply obeyed the man.
"If you think it's for the best." she said in a resigned manner and began walking towards the reception where she had left her doughnuts. She grabbed a single doughnut with her thumb and index finger and brought it back. She extended her arm to offer the doughnut while keeping her distance.
Why thank you!

Consume offered treat!
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))
Pages: 1 ... 127 128 [129] 130 131 ... 244