Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 256231 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: Disgust and Confusion On The Wizardly Way
« Reply #2475 on: August 04, 2014, 03:27:29 am »

"Fair enough. What's up with spells anyway? Most of them are pretty useless and random."

~It's all a matter of using them creatively!~

At this point, Larry wasn't really sure which him was the real one.  He hoped it was the Arielle one.  "Man, I need some of this to take home.  It's pretty intense."

"All of you are the real you, actually," the Oldthinker's voice, multiplied a hundredfold, tells him. "Jutht in different thircumthtantheth."

"This batch is pretty amazing, man!" a few of the Arielles within earshot agree.

Only donuts, but yeah. What's your name?

"They used to call me Father Peter. But I have no flock now, so I suppose Hungry Pete will have to do. It's oddly appropriate, I find. So, what gifts of God do you currently possess?"

"Hi there! It's Eta. We met earlier in that doughnut shop? How's it going, everything OK?"

"Everything's perfect! I'm happy, everyone's happy, I'm having fun, Nigel's being his usual self... yeah, everything's as great as you can expect!"

"Remember my friend, the one I told you about? Yeah, I told her about you and she thinks you're really cool. She's really interested in meeting you. Think we could meet in about a couple of hours?"

"Really? Hell yeah we could meet! We could have a party! All the rest of my friends are already here. You know where the Malloy-McCoy is? It's this unpainted house on Jew Street, look out for the drunk teenagers out front! I'm here right now, come over whenever you like. And bring your friend!"

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2476 on: August 04, 2014, 05:12:09 am »

"Great! We'll be there. In a couple of hours or less. Leave some drinks for us, eh? Haha." Eta joked before hanging up.

"Got it. They're at some place called 'Malloy-McCoy's' in Jew Street. Although judging by what I heard, they might not stay sober (or conscious) for long. Ever heard of that place?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2477 on: August 04, 2014, 05:30:34 am »

"Great! We'll be there. In a couple of hours or less. Leave some drinks for us, eh? Haha." Eta joked before hanging up.

"Got it. They're at some place called 'Malloy-McCoy's' in Jew Street. Although judging by what I heard, they might not stay sober (or conscious) for long. Ever heard of that place?"

"Not really. It's probably a new bar," she says, and you notice you're right at the hospital now. "Not that I'm an expert, of course. But Jew Street's not a long one. A hangout shouldn't be too hard to place. Also 'they'?"

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2478 on: August 04, 2014, 07:48:18 am »

"That doesn't change the fact that they're annoyingly random. I appear to need a very specific spell to get out of here which I have yet to find. Why so random?"
focus on reversing the clown head. Do not release yet.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2014, 08:41:46 am by The Froggy Ninja »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2479 on: August 04, 2014, 08:13:21 am »

"That doesn't change the fact that they're annoyingly random. I appear to need a very specific spell to get out of here which I have yet to find. Why so random?"

~It's more unpredictable that way!~

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2480 on: August 04, 2014, 09:26:03 am »

Larry was about to take another hit, to see what he could really get to feeling, but he had a better idea.  Why not study magic now, see what came up?

"Let's see what this stuff does with magic!"

Get out the binder and faceplant into it to study magic.  Focus on the keyword "Angel."

Spoiler: Larry Sheet (click to show/hide)

((Added another line item in the stat sheet for various permanent bonuses.  Not sure if how helpful that is to the GM, but it's there.  Feel free to steal it, fellow players.

PS:  DUNKER needs to be able to focus on donuts.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2481 on: August 04, 2014, 01:57:57 pm »

((Unfortunately I can only focus on various effects for now. I need to find the Donut God first or something.
Donut Vortex.))

Why do you ask?

Spoiler: Modified DUNK (click to show/hide)
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2482 on: August 04, 2014, 02:03:59 pm »

((Well, that's not too bad; just research until you get a vortex, then focus on vortexes until you get a donut one!))

DONUTS FOR THE DONUT GOD; SPRINKLES FOR HIS THRONE
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2483 on: August 04, 2014, 02:45:23 pm »

((Actually knowing the DUNKER, instead of worshiping his god like Halsely (((Haleslelsyly? Halsey? How spell name))), I'm going to play along and then eat him once I'm powerful enough.
After all, where donuts are concerned, the guy's an apex predator.))
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2484 on: August 04, 2014, 02:52:35 pm »

Why do you ask?

"Because this knowledge can be helpful, as it informs you and me both of what can be discovered through looking into His eyes, and if one of us has a spell the other needs, we can call upon each other's resources. For instance, I can call upon bristly tits and also pie, create a stupefying shield of corn, and even inspire the messengers of the Lord. And create a sphere of extradimensional desks. What about you?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2485 on: August 04, 2014, 03:14:28 pm »

I can summon a paper wall, raise twin underwear monuments from the ground, which I can also influence to a degree, control alcohol, call to me an electric watermelon storm, emit garbage from myself, and make a pillar of rouge bats appear.
Say, do you have access to a ... what was it called ... a leyline? If not, are you looking for one?
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2486 on: August 04, 2014, 03:22:41 pm »

I can summon a paper wall, raise twin underwear monuments from the ground, which I can also influence to a degree, control alcohol, call to me an electric watermelon storm, emit garbage from myself, and make a pillar of rouge bats appear.
Say, do you have access to a ... what was it called ... a leyline? If not, are you looking for one?

"You mean the Fingers of God? I have touched one, in the former school. It was difficult, for I needed to evade the fool guard and many beasts within. I also know of another one, but it is guarded far better."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2487 on: August 04, 2014, 03:36:31 pm »

Which one was that?
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2488 on: August 04, 2014, 03:43:12 pm »

Which one was that?

"A factory down on Import Avenue. But beware if you attempt to explore in that direction. Danger lies there."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2489 on: August 04, 2014, 03:47:41 pm »

Oh. Well, why not join the wizard gang I'm in? We have access to a leyline, and I'm pretty sure we'd welcome more members.
Sig! Onol
Pages: 1 ... 164 165 [166] 167 168 ... 244