Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 256134 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: Disgust and Confusion On The Wizardly Way
« Reply #2550 on: August 10, 2014, 03:27:24 pm »

"Good point. So, what do you want to do now? Anything in particular you want to do?"

"Not really. I just feel kind of... tired. Mentally, mostly."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: August 10, 2014, 04:21:46 pm »

Hmm. What happened when they were sent after you? And why'd you run away?
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: August 11, 2014, 03:35:54 pm »

Eta, all by her lonesome on this excursion, thinks on whether obtained magic might be more fascinating in the vicinity of a magical power source of some kind. That is, if this is a magical power source of some kind. Maybe God lied to her or something. Maybe that's God's thing or something of that nature. In any case, she lights the match, and it burns a forbidding black as she regards it.

[Eta's mind roll: 6-->4+1]

The world disappears in darkness, and she is once again in one of the entrapment rooms - this she knows fairly well by now. At least this time there's a floor to stand on, and at least some kind of gravity. She takes a step forward, and is rather disappointed to find out that the floor is spinning rapidly, a fact she only notices as she steps out of the center of rotation. Further examination reveals that there is a circle of other segments of floor around this one, except they're spinning in what seems like the opposite direction (so it really feels like the same direction). Realizing this to be a useful thing to remember, Eta steps on the next circle, then locates the next one with the same method, and thus quickly moves through all nine circles, each of which seems to increase in size significantly, until she finally finds herself on a non-spinning bit of floor - the sudden lack of movement is enough to disorient her quite a bit, though she moves on forward until she reaches a wall, which she walks along until she reaches what feels like a light switch. Another one of the blindness rooms, it seems. So she flicks it and bathes her mind in the light that follows, magical knowledge flooding her brain at a rapid, though pleasant pace.

Spoiler: Eta's Spell Choices (click to show/hide)

And with that, she heads deeper inside the school, its confines feeling rather hauntingly quiet aside from very distant shuffling sounds. She explores the first floor rather thoroughly, though it takes her a while to come to the giant hole in the roof - it seems the most disturbing room she's seen so far, as it seems to have actual half-eaten corpses of people lying about in it, and three unfriendly-looking hairy people presumably responsible for this state of half-eatenness.

Halesey tries to show the skeptical man the error of his ways in the very best possible way - through the power of vortexes!

"Don't constipotato me, dude, the power of the potato god is undeniable!"

[Halesey's affinity roll: 6-->4+1]

And behold, a giant hole in the man's chest appears, filled with potatoes and sucking the current objects on the counter right into it! The man looks at it and blinks for a moment.

[Man's body roll: 5-1]

"Got anything cooler, maybe?" he asks, still unimpressed, putting his hand inside it, then pulling it out. "It's a hole. Kind of hard to be excited about a hole of all things. If you're so gifted by the potato god, have you got any nicer miracles? This one's just eating up all the muffins and not being much good. Does it at least lead anywhere?" he continues, grabbing a few coffee cups and shoving them within, watching them spiral into the nether dimensions impassively.

Dave's always up for some magic, and ponders why the voice even asked. And immediately as he agrees, he is thrown into the wild world of magical research!

[Dave's mind roll: 6-->3+2]

He is immediately thrown into a giant hallway. The test before him is simplistic. On one side of the hallway, ultimate magical knowledge. On the other, a lifetime supply of carrots. Dave looks at one, then at the other, then at his pig-leg.

His leg has to spend a few moments to convince him that with ultimate magical knowledge he could probably have potentially infinite carrots, which is like a lifetime supply one can carry around every day, and Dave cautiously believes the pig-leg's word on this. They immediately make for the magic, and nearly grab onto its unspeakable radiance as they sprint forth to reach it, only for the knowledge to be snatched away before he can rightly grab it, leaving him with but a sizable handful of scraps, which his oversized mind greedily absorbs.

Spoiler: Dave's Spell Choices (click to show/hide)

"Hmm. What happened when they were sent after you? And why'd you run away?" THE DUNKER asks of the two girls.

"Well, John and his crew found us, knocked on our window, we had a chat, and he made a pretty convincing argument why we should go home already, so me and Raven did without all that much of a fuss."

"Trey and Luz prolly didn't go along so easily, though," Raven chips in.

"Yeah, pretty sure they didn't, considering they didn't seem to be home yet this morning as far as I know. They were the people who actually put us up to it - they got in some kind of shit with Luz's dad, and so they ran off. And the two of us are sort of Luz's friends, so when she went all like 'hey, let's be magical outlaws and do whatever', we went all 'sure'."

"Well, she did, anyway. I felt real queasy about the whole thing, but went along anyway. I mostly spent my time trying to convince Shauna to go home already."

"But you're shit at magic, so it makes sense you'd be that way, and I didn't really listen."

Raven just smiles and nods.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: August 11, 2014, 03:47:33 pm »

Hmm. I'll put Trey and Luz on my suspect list, because it seems like they might not like the Lees. Teenagers and all.

Mentally mark down Trey and Luz on suspect list. Eat a donut, focusing on vortex effects.
Also ask pink voice what it is and if it has an identifying label that I can refer to it with.
Sig! Onol

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: August 11, 2014, 04:02:14 pm »

Eat a donut, focusing on vortex effects.

A quick search has failed to turn up evidence that you've actually discovered a vortex spell so far. That's a limitation of the system that I may have failed to mention, in that you're not exactly allowed to metagame in it research-wise. I may be mistaken about the problem, though.

Also ask pink voice what it is and if it has an identifying label that I can refer to it with.

~Nope. Not gonna answer that. That's no fun.~

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: August 11, 2014, 04:07:51 pm »

Well, that makes sense.
exploit one failed as predicted. Moving on to section 2

In that case, just eat a donut and savor the adventure!

Sig! Onol

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: August 11, 2014, 04:26:42 pm »

"Of course it leads somewhere, you eejit, it's a fecking vortex."

Halesey restrained himself very hard from using the g word, which he hadn't for years, and hadn't wanted to for months.

"If it's such a puny hole, jump the feck in, unbeliever."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: August 11, 2014, 04:28:34 pm »

((The g word?))
Sig! Onol

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: August 11, 2014, 04:32:16 pm »

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2559 on: August 11, 2014, 04:34:17 pm »

((Why is calling someone a goat so bad))
Sig! Onol

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: August 11, 2014, 05:47:43 pm »

((New spell types?))
"Well these have to be better than hogweed and apocalyptic salad dressing. What are you anyway?"
Invasion of the Undulating Porcelain Gremlin Kings and Thought of Hookers.
Spoiler: Dave (click to show/hide)

Jamahawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: August 11, 2014, 06:03:08 pm »

1) I am here representing the BMI (Bureau of Magical Investagation not Body Mass Index!) Reports of strange occurences in this city have been coming in for several days. I am here to investigate said events.
2) My name is Joel Cooper.
3) I identify myself with the color brown.
4) I have a very stern face, always. I wear a black fedora, white undershirt, white dress shirt, black dress coat, black tie, black dress pants, and a pair of gleaming dress shoes. I won't talk about the underpants. I am well muscled, and have a bit of facial hair. My hair is black and cropped short.
5) I enjoy professionalism, order, and living. Living over everything else.
6) I hate jokes, overly proud people, and superiority complexes.
7) I would most resemble Belgarion when he first got introduced to the whole magic thing.
Body 3
Finesse 2
Affinity 1

I am getting into this a little late. Am I not? This looked to fun, and I couldn't resist!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: August 11, 2014, 06:07:09 pm »

((Wouldn't thought of hooker just mean you start thinking about a single hooker? Or would it allow you to cast it on other people because in that case it would be a great distraction technique.

"Damn, there's a guard in the way, THOUGHT OF HOOKER!"
"Oh, I have been distracted by thoughts of a singular hooker!"))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2563 on: August 11, 2014, 07:17:30 pm »

((Maybe you start having the thoughts of a hooker?

Also, very fun spells, like always. The fact that they appear to be getting even more chaotic and destructive does not bode well for the sanity of this place.))

Quick question, have they noticed me?
Spell choice later when I have some time to think about it.
« Last Edit: August 11, 2014, 07:19:18 pm by Parisbre56 »

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: August 11, 2014, 07:41:32 pm »

((Wouldn't thought of hooker just mean you start thinking about a single hooker? Or would it allow you to cast it on other people because in that case it would be a great distraction technique.

"Damn, there's a guard in the way, THOUGHT OF HOOKER!"
"Oh, I have been distracted by thoughts of a singular hooker!"))
((I'm hoping for the second one.))
Pages: 1 ... 169 170 [171] 172 173 ... 244