Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 256218 times)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: Disgust and Confusion On The Wizardly Way
« Reply #2595 on: August 13, 2014, 03:02:54 pm »

"Yo voice. Is there any way to make my magic suck less? Also Gremlin Kings, would you be willing to make a pact to destroy the tech of my enemies and subjugate them I guess and I will let you take all their porcelain as well as attempt to squire more myself as payment."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2596 on: August 13, 2014, 03:10:27 pm »

Larry looks between the binder and the Oldthinker.  "Okay, I'll ask him.  But it gave me a cool new spell I want to try first.  Catch this!"

Bless Angel on the Oldthinker!  Then stick my face in the binder and talk to the entity thing.

"HEY!  Magic dispensing dude!  Where can I find one of you that's already walking the earth and all that jazz?"

Spoiler: Larry Sheet (click to show/hide)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2597 on: August 13, 2014, 03:14:43 pm »

John takes a long swig from the bottle, then looks at the cow again.

"How do I know you won't just hulk out on me and torture me and James? How can I trust you that this isn't some elaborate trap? And how, in fact, does being my friend stop you from going strange?"

"I hate torturing people! Well, maybe not 'hate', exactly, it's a subtle art and all, as I got to find out, but it's not something I do for fun. I mean, I like it when I figure out a clever idea on how to punish somebody, but it's not like making people suffer is some kind of hobby of mine. The whole torture thing was just an errand of Mrs. Lee's that went a bit too far, honest. I really didn't know it'd end the way it did! It's what happens when I don't communicate with people enough. My mind starts to act in weird patterns. It's when I talk to someone other than myself when I register it, see, and know that something's going wrong! So then I can fix it, and become, you know, normal and so forth."

"Yo voice. Is there any way to make my magic suck less? Also Gremlin Kings, would you be willing to make a pact to destroy the tech of my enemies and subjugate them I guess and I will let you take all their porcelain as well as attempt to squire more myself as payment."

~Well, your best bet is probably the God of Dentures. It got sort of co-opted as the core of the planet you're standing on, you see. Process of change and all that.~

Also, the Undulating Porcelain Gremlin Kings seem to find that prospect quite kickin', and more than a little bit tubular at that.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2598 on: August 13, 2014, 03:24:37 pm »

((Oh, that guy! Lawas, that's the homeless Jesus guy from the factory.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2599 on: August 13, 2014, 03:27:02 pm »

"Hmm." john leans against the cabinet.

"Tell you what. I suppose I can totally become your friend, but I need to know some things. First and foremost, what do I actually call you? Secondly, I want you to just take a look at my friend outside for any weird magical mumbo jumbo. He's been through some weird stuff lately and I don't want any magical aftereffects sticking to him. Let's start with that shall we."

John yells towards the front door

"It's okay, James, coast is clear! You can come in now!"

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2600 on: August 13, 2014, 04:34:56 pm »

Keep going forward until I reach less hostile peeps.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2601 on: August 13, 2014, 05:14:40 pm »

((Oh, that guy! Lawas, that's the homeless Jesus guy from the factory.))

Almost, good fellow, but not quite!

"Hmm." john leans against the cabinet.

"Tell you what. I suppose I can totally become your friend, but I need to know some things. First and foremost, what do I actually call you? Secondly, I want you to just take a look at my friend outside for any weird magical mumbo jumbo. He's been through some weird stuff lately and I don't want any magical aftereffects sticking to him. Let's start with that shall we."

"You may call me... Mr. Menkau! Or just Menkau. I just came up with that! Can you tell? Also, sure, send him in!"

John yells towards the front door

"It's okay, James, coast is clear! You can come in now!"

James comes in, looking nervous, and Menkau examines him.

"Looks pretty normal, doesn't he? Can't really spot anything wrong, to be honest."

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2602 on: August 13, 2014, 05:27:35 pm »

((He's from the factory in the first bit, I know that.
The guy who was at the leyline first? That lawyer guy Halesly threatened with a potato vortex to get ownership of the factory?))
Sig! Onol

Jamahawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2603 on: August 13, 2014, 05:29:27 pm »

The guy Halesey beat the poo out of and tossed into the potato vortex. The first of many...

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2604 on: August 13, 2014, 05:30:56 pm »

((Some guy unlucky enough to get potatoed.))
Sig! Onol

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2605 on: August 13, 2014, 05:34:02 pm »

"Good. James, this is mister Menkau, our new best friend. Make yourself at home. There's liquor in the cabinet over here and I'm pretty sure I've got some leftover chow in the fridge.

Now then, Menkau, let's hear about that Leyline. Also, I don't suppose you can turn Trey and Luz back while taking away their magic?"

Ask questions of mister Menkau. Also read the magazine once more, for tasty tasty spells

Spoiler: John (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2606 on: August 13, 2014, 06:08:09 pm »

Eta got up and tried to calm herself.
Don't show fear Eta. This might be one of those hostile wizards they warned me about. You need to be strong, don't show weakness, so that they don't try to hurt you or take advantage of you.
He looked at the smoky form, trying to look determined, despite the fact that she was surrounded by blue skeletons and the fact that she was on the verge of tears moments ago.
"I wouldn't say that's amazing sir. Unfortunate perhaps, but not amazing."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #2607 on: August 14, 2014, 03:00:05 am »

((I didn't want to give him the pleasure of my remembering him))

"God blessed, dickweed!" shouts Halesey after the heathen, "Blessed... Bunghole. Now, you, depressed dude, get the feck off of me or you're joining me in potato heaven, where only outright joy is permitted. Right?"

Go through the potato vortex in search of the cafe guy who jumped through the other turn. If I meet resistance from the depressed dude, knee him in the crotch until he relents, then cast a further potato vortex on the potato vortex, then leap the feck through it.

((HB - do my blessings and magic abilities look correct? I think they are?))
« Last Edit: August 14, 2014, 03:17:10 am by lawastooshort »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2608 on: August 14, 2014, 06:21:08 am »

"Good. James, this is mister Menkau, our new best friend. Make yourself at home. There's liquor in the cabinet over here and I'm pretty sure I've got some leftover chow in the fridge.

Now then, Menkau, let's hear about that Leyline. Also, I don't suppose you can turn Trey and Luz back while taking away their magic?"

James quickly moves to the fridge, retrieving some chow, while Menkau speaks further.

"The leyline's in the middle of the Lower Esplanade, and I can show you where! As for Trey and Luz, well, no. No can do! I did give my word that I'd torment them if they screwed the pooch like they obviously did, and they seemed to find that worth it, so it's all equitable, methinks!"

Eta got up and tried to calm herself.
Don't show fear Eta. This might be one of those hostile wizards they warned me about. You need to be strong, don't show weakness, so that they don't try to hurt you or take advantage of you.
He looked at the smoky form, trying to look determined, despite the fact that she was surrounded by blue skeletons and the fact that she was on the verge of tears moments ago.
"I wouldn't say that's amazing sir. Unfortunate perhaps, but not amazing."

"Heh, not for you! But it does seem to provide us with a pretty cool situation, so there's that. Tell me, you wanna get out? Because I can help you with that, easy as pie."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2609 on: August 14, 2014, 08:24:49 am »

"Right, yeah. I didn't think we could undo those two, but it can't hurt to ask anyway. But we're not having any of this torturing business anymore, you hear.

Now, before we discuss the leyline, I'd like your thoughts on something. James, please tell mister Menkau here everything you remember about Mary and what happened the last couple of days.

Make James explain what happened to him and Mary, and explain about Mary, everything he can remember. Then recieve wisdom about this from menkau, probably.

Then read the magazine, for spells
Pages: 1 ... 172 173 [174] 175 176 ... 244