Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 256213 times)

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: Disgust and Confusion On The Wizardly Way
« Reply #2835 on: September 11, 2014, 04:04:42 am »

Enchant the damn potato nearest the damn mafioso's nose.

"Right. You asked for it."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2836 on: September 11, 2014, 07:44:04 am »

"Uhh... cool.  HEY TOM!  THE OLDTHINKER UP IN SATURN WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!  YOU KNOW, THE SATURN HEAVEN?  HE SAYS YOU HAVE PERMISSION TO COME AND GO AS YOU PLEASE!  Uhh... OKAY?"
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2837 on: September 11, 2014, 11:21:43 am »

Dave, his mind beginning to slightly ache from the persistent stress he insists on putting it through, tries to extend his design into the fourth dimension as well. It's not exactly easy work, obviously, but Dave thinks he's got a workable design all up and ready within some thirty minutes of sustained imagining. He wonders briefly whether trying to create a four-dimensional object in three-dimensional space is the best idea, but then realizes that A) this is magic, and B) things are probably going to work out alright even if point A is not enough, because he can't see any way this can possibly go wrong.

THE DUNKER, surely not one to shy away from foul smells or mortal danger, what with having been the occupant of a prison cell for quite a significant period of his life, decides to make an effort to reach the leyline, getting down on his hands and knees and clambering into the sewage tunnel, hoping that his girth is not so great that he cannot make it through.

[THE DUNKER's body roll: 4-1]

It becomes difficult to breathe almost immediately, and THE DUNKER finds the sewage surprisingly pliant as he tries to make his way through it in the direction that he senses. He gets about ten meters ahead until he begins to feel slightly oxygen-deprived - and yet the leyline is not very far now. The question is, is he prepared to risk his life moving ahead? Suffocating would be bad enough. But suffocating in a sewer? Oh dear. And even more importantly, will he even be able to find his way back? So far the path has been roughly straight, but now he comes to a slight turn, a 4-way intersection - the leyline can be sensed about midway between two alternatives.

Halesey, tired of this mafia person's guff, cuts loose fully and without restraint.

"Right. You asked for it."

[Halesey's affinity roll: 4+1]

Suddenly, a tiny pillow appears next to the potato nearest the mafioso's nose - Halesey can see it very well, if he twists his head to a painful degree.

"That's kind of weird, I admit," the mafioso says, and then, as if responding, the potato flies off into the distance on the pillow, presumably to have some sort of magical adventure.

Larry, not one to waste even a vaguely-worded opportunity to speak with the illustrious Tom, starts to immediately talk as loudly as possible into the phone.

"Uhh... cool.  HEY TOM!  THE OLDTHINKER UP IN SATURN WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!  YOU KNOW, THE SATURN HEAVEN?  HE SAYS YOU HAVE PERMISSION TO COME AND GO AS YOU PLEASE!  Uhh... OKAY?"

"Stop shouting."

"Yeah, man. I can totally hear you. No need to holler, you know? Anyway, why would I want to go up there? Who's the Oldthinker?" the voice of Tom cuts in.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2838 on: September 11, 2014, 12:08:50 pm »

"HE'S THIS CHILL ... uh... chill old dude that's really old and thinks a lot.  They're having parties up there with this really dope booze that, like, doubles your thinking.  He says it'd be an even banginger party if you were there.  Last night was pretty sweet."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2839 on: September 11, 2014, 12:11:43 pm »

"HE'S THIS CHILL ... uh... chill old dude that's really old and thinks a lot.  They're having parties up there with this really dope booze that, like, doubles your thinking.  He says it'd be an even banginger party if you were there.  Last night was pretty sweet."

"That works, I guess. Are you gonna take me there?"

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2840 on: September 11, 2014, 12:13:42 pm »

The DUNKER's eyes light up as he thinks of a solution!

Focus on the spell Emit Scandalous Dentists. If they're just 'there' waiting to be summoned or something, talk to them and tell them that if they assist me in my tunnelling efforts I can provide many targets for dentistry for them.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2841 on: September 11, 2014, 12:24:35 pm »

"That works, I guess. Are you gonna take me there?"

"Yeah, sure.  Where can I meet you?  I'm at the apartment where we first met."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2842 on: September 11, 2014, 01:46:10 pm »

"Yeah, sure.  Where can I meet you?  I'm at the apartment where we first met."

"Meet you there in 4 hours. Toodles," goes the voice of Tom, and hangs up.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2843 on: September 11, 2014, 01:53:59 pm »

Larry handed the phone back to the chick whose name he still couldn't come up with.

"Tom will at your place in four hours.  Also I think he ate Frankie, or she's totally coked off her ass, or something.  She sounds fine though."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2844 on: September 11, 2014, 01:58:44 pm »

Larry handed the phone back to the chick whose name he still couldn't come up with.

"Tom will at your place in four hours.  Also I think he ate Frankie, or she's totally coked off her ass, or something.  She sounds fine though."

"Ew! Don't tell me about that!" the chick with no name recoils a bit. "I mean, yeah, I'm glad she sounds fine and all, but geez."

lawastooshort

• Bay Watcher
  • goodness what
    • View Profile
« Reply #2845 on: September 11, 2014, 02:05:31 pm »

"That could be your head flying away on a pillow if you don't give up."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2846 on: September 11, 2014, 02:06:18 pm »

"So yeah, at your place four hours from now.  What until then?"

Larry glanced at the time.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2847 on: September 11, 2014, 02:14:00 pm »

"That could be your head flying away on a pillow if you don't give up."

"You seem to be missing the part where neither of us can move, I think."

"So yeah, at your place four hours from now.  What until then?"

Larry glanced at the time.

You deduce that roughly four hours still remain before your due appointment. At that time, it will be 2 PM, you think, since it's about 10 AM now.

"Well, if that's all sorted, and I'm gonna assume it is, I... dunno? I guess I could go sleep some more. You can hang out in the suite or something. Unless you have a better idea, maybe."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2848 on: September 11, 2014, 02:34:27 pm »

Larry had another idea in mind, but if all she did was sleep, then it likely wasn't going to happen.  "Ehhhhh I'll go get some lunch.  Maybe check on a couple things.  See you then."

He wandered off.  Now what?  He wondered where Halesey was, so he sent him a quick text message.

Quote from: Text message to Halesey
Where are you?  After the moon I went to Saturn; better parties there.

Hmm... maybe Cal would know?  He wandered until he found a park bench or something similar, then talked into his hand.

"Hey Cal, you around?"

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2849 on: September 11, 2014, 03:33:07 pm »

RELEASE THE MAGIC!
Pages: 1 ... 188 189 [190] 191 192 ... 244