Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 255174 times)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: Disgust and Confusion On The Wizardly Way
« Reply #2865 on: September 18, 2014, 05:14:51 pm »

"Yeah. I was kind of hoping that I could form a treaty of sorts with the Gremlin Kings for giving them several deserts worth of porcelain. Oh well. So how does one treat their main man?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2866 on: September 19, 2014, 11:27:09 am »

((How'd I miss a reply here))

Larry grunted. "What do you know about outsiders?"

"They're... outside?"

"Yeah. I was kind of hoping that I could form a treaty of sorts with the Gremlin Kings for giving them several deserts worth of porcelain. Oh well. So how does one treat their main man?"

"Like you'd treat a real good acquaintance, dude! As in, not kill them through overworking and whatnot. The rest, your guess is as good as mine."

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2867 on: September 19, 2014, 12:09:54 pm »

((How'd I miss a reply here))

Larry grunted. "What do you know about outsiders?"

"They're... outside?"

"..."

"Your buddy Oldthinker wants to talk to one.  I've got a meeting with one, but I'm killing time until then."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2868 on: September 19, 2014, 01:16:57 pm »

((Welp, I might die here. Ah well, luck always was extremely polar with me.))
((If you can scream loudly enough I might be able to create a pit on your location, although I am unsure about whether or not doing so would be a good idea. For all we know, you could end up under it.))

Eta looked down.
"... I knew I was forgetting something."
Damn that soft fuzzy carpet-like grass. I totally forgot about shoes. Oh well, maybe I can make some gold ones?

"What is going on here? Where did everybody go? And why are you emitting what I am hoping is flour out of your nose?" The first two questions were more general, while the last one was directed at Joanie.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2869 on: September 19, 2014, 04:00:55 pm »

Try using Coffee Mug Blasts - emitted out of the seat of my pants if possible, if not just point backwards best I can - to clear the dentists from my path! If that don't work, use Pillar of Inexplicable Rouge Bats, if I can use it to punch a hole through to the surface or something.

((Welp, I might die here. Ah well, luck always was extremely polar with me.))

[Your affinity roll: 1-->5+1]

You can't blast. Oh crap, you can't blast. You're going to die here. You're almost sure you're going to die here. Time to make sure.

[Your affinity roll: 3+2]

Moved by your need to not die of suffocation, the magic relents, and comes easily to you as you make a last-ditch effort to save yourself - most inexplicably, there is now a pillar of condensed something right in front of you. You can't quite see. But you can hear it flap, however. It flaps most mysteriously, venting sweet, sweet air your way. Not a lot of it, obviously. But a bit, probably moving down the sides. You'd probably best not question it, as it seems to be working.

"Your buddy Oldthinker wants to talk to one.  I've got a meeting with one, but I'm killing time until then."

"Oh. Wanna come over to the Sun?"

Eta looked down.
"... I knew I was forgetting something."
Damn that soft fuzzy carpet-like grass. I totally forgot about shoes. Oh well, maybe I can make some gold ones?

"What is going on here? Where did everybody go? And why are you emitting what I am hoping is flour out of your nose?" The first two questions were more general, while the last one was directed at Joanie.

Ivette seems to be the only one willing to answer any of your questions, although Menkau looks quite amused.

"Uh, the two girls went into the sewer after the big guy, Nigel went off on his own, and Hungry Pete's... just missing? I think?"

She seems to be very much aware of how this situation is entirely beyond her control, and looking quite unsure of herself as a result. Joanie, meanwhile, is incommunicable, seemingly quite into whatever she is doing. The pile of what you hope is flour now reaches up to her midsection.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #2870 on: September 19, 2014, 04:10:33 pm »

Eat a donut! Ask voice person if I can get some breathing related magic.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2871 on: September 19, 2014, 05:25:09 pm »

"Like you'd treat a real good acquaintance, dude! As in, not kill them through overworking and whatnot. The rest, your guess is as good as mine."
"Okay... Well why am I your "main man"? Am I like high priest of the denture god now or something?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2872 on: September 19, 2014, 08:55:20 pm »

"Sure, that sounds cool.  I gotta be back here at 2, though."
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2873 on: September 20, 2014, 12:26:54 pm »

"Okay... Well why am I your "main man"? Am I like high priest of the denture god now or something?"

"Nah, man. A 'priest' would be a guy telling people about how I'm an awesome guy people should worship, and framing all problems so that I encompass them. Mostly unhelpful stuff. Naw, what I'd like you to do is show people what you can do, do fun stuff around here, help me build a realm that isn't just slimy teeth flying all around, you know? You might have noticed already, but the place kind of sucks, let's not mince words. And you seem like you'd be able to help - you made a cool planet, then awakened me, and now you went ahead and made a moon for a moment... so yeah, you're my main man because there's no one else right now I can trust with my quests, you know?"

"I can think of a couple people I could get in here, aside from you, that could probably help with that, though. Alleviate the boredom a little, that kind of thing. Maybe build some more world-like structures in here, so that I have something to actually preside over. That kind of thing, yeah?"

The Gremlin Moon suddenly reappears behind the Denture God, cavorting madly through the space around the elemental being.

"Oh hey! Look at that! It's back!"

A moment passes, and the moon once more elongates and disappears.

"Aw."

"Sure, that sounds cool.  I gotta be back here at 2, though."

"Oh. Hm. Maybe not the Sun, then. Time tends to go weird there. Maybe Mercury?"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2874 on: September 20, 2014, 12:29:02 pm »

"Yeah, sure.  Sun next time."

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2875 on: September 20, 2014, 01:34:38 pm »

"Nah, man. A 'priest' would be a guy telling people about how I'm an awesome guy people should worship, and framing all problems so that I encompass them. Mostly unhelpful stuff. Naw, what I'd like you to do is show people what you can do, do fun stuff around here, help me build a realm that isn't just slimy teeth flying all around, you know? You might have noticed already, but the place kind of sucks, let's not mince words. And you seem like you'd be able to help - you made a cool planet, then awakened me, and now you went ahead and made a moon for a moment... so yeah, you're my main man because there's no one else right now I can trust with my quests, you know?"

"I can think of a couple people I could get in here, aside from you, that could probably help with that, though. Alleviate the boredom a little, that kind of thing. Maybe build some more world-like structures in here, so that I have something to actually preside over. That kind of thing, yeah?"

The Gremlin Moon suddenly reappears behind the Denture God, cavorting madly through the space around the elemental being.

"Oh hey! Look at that! It's back!"

A moment passes, and the moon once more elongates and disappears.

"Aw."
"Hmm... now that I'm "attuned" to you or whatever do you think we have a psychic link or something? Cause if we do I kinda want to get on that moon next time it shows up to see where it goes. Also what can you do? Like what are the extents of your denture powers?"
« Last Edit: September 20, 2014, 03:44:36 pm by The Froggy Ninja »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #2876 on: September 20, 2014, 03:39:33 pm »

"Yeah. Let's go James, this place is getting a bit too weird for me. I'll catch you later then Menkau, you'll know where to find me, I'm sure."

Go with James and head back home, sleep off the drunkeness. Then use the magazine to recieve wonderful new spells.

Spoiler: john (click to show/hide)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2877 on: September 21, 2014, 08:40:47 am »

((Hmm... I took some time to think and I think I know what I want to do. But first, some silliness...))

"Oh. Is that so? Well, let's just get that leyline then and get out of here. An important revelation has been made to me and I need to reflect on that. But first..."

Carefully approach Joanie and use my thumb and index finger to close her nose. See what happens.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2878 on: September 21, 2014, 03:15:31 pm »

THE DUNKER, trapped with only a bit of air to keep him alive, decides to mess around with his spell list a bit. Grabbing a donut, he eats it, enjoying the very mild, short-lived change of aroma it brings! Asking the voice person for something to breathe with, he finds that she can't really help, since pretty much all of the breathing spells she can provide involve breathing out rather than in, and even though that would help with the smell a bit, it's probably not ultimately desirable to cramp this place further.

[THE DUNKER's mind roll: 5+1]

In any case, into the dream he goes, his being once more increasing in size, though becoming rather thin at the same time, his being flattening to the point where he becomes a translucent, vast, eyeless thing, cold beyond measure and powerful beyond compare, a great sail pushed forth perilously slowly by the light of distant stars, moving through the void at approximately walking speed. That is, in relation to the center of the universe. In relation to galaxies and other such things, he is moving quite rapidly indeed. Parts of him wander off occasionally, splitting away without issue and flying off on distant tangents. The central creature remains stable, and now boasts several billion offspring, being a rather early offshoot of the first of its kind.

He flies slowly onward, not even dimly aware of the giant formation of rock flying right toward him - were he to know, he would be elated, for this is what he has sought for all his time in the universe - a source of true sustenance. Within but a few minutes, the rocky thing impacts him - his flat, immense, mindboggling shape wraps around it imperceptibly, probing its surface. Self-sustaining chemical processes as well as rich sources of matter and energy are found. Nothing changes immediately, of course. It takes some time before he can work his magic on the rock and its affiliated chemicals - the process of digestion takes a while to get started, as it needs certain adaptations of the local conditions, a bit of physical wizardry to get the activation energies to a manageable level to maximize gain. The place will need to be warmed a bit, the magnetic field requires a bit of adjustment, perhaps a small amount of radiation needs to be filtered off to optimize things. Fortunately, while he is not gaining anything thus far, he already finds this planet quite delicious, and predicts that it will be more so once his forming apparatus takes its full shape and begins to function properly. And so he settles for a few thousand years or so, knowing that he's going to be quite fat indeed when he's done here at last.

Larry guesses Mercury is an okay enough place for him to be - it is, after all, where he might wind up eventually.

"Yeah, sure.  Sun next time."

"Right, meet you there - make sure you call me when you're there, and I'll go ahead and find you, 'kay? I need to go do a thing right now, and you can kind of move around freely anyway, right?"

Dave ponders what this new link he has to the Denture God actually does - sure, it gives him power, but what else?

"Hmm... now that I'm "attuned" to you or whatever do you think we have a psychic link or something? Cause if we do I kinda want to get on that moon next time it shows up to see where it goes. Also what can you do? Like, what are the extents of your denture powers?"

"I guess we do, on some level. I think I can talk to you or something, anyhow, and if not, I can probably figure some alternative out. As for what else I can do, I dunno. Not much, I guess, at least not much that's too interesting. I think that some denture people might listen to me, but I haven't tested that yet. I'm a bit new to this god thing, all in all."

John has had quite enough of this, and decides to take Menkau's advice and split.

"Yeah. Let's go James, this place is getting a bit too weird for me. I'll catch you later then Menkau, you'll know where to find me, I'm sure."

"We're finally leaving? Thank heavens," James says, sighing heavily with relief, and John and he leave together, Menkau waving to them in a friendly fashion as they walk off down the block, past a curiously abandoned police cordon and into the streets.

Not long after, John has found his bed and James has found an adequate couch, and both of them go into a deep sleep - for John it is altogether more dreamless than is strictly usual, and the very next morning he awakens, shockingly without a hangover of any sort!

However, backing up a bit in the temporal sense, we come back to Eta, who has a silly idea.

"Oh. Is that so? Well, let's just get that leyline then and get out of here. An important revelation has been made to me and I need to reflect on that. But first..."

Ivette watches as Eta walks over to the transfixed, seated form of Joanie, and closes her nose with her thumb and index finger.

[Joanie's body roll: 2+1-1]

A moment passes before Joanie's eyes, suddenly aware of things around her, go quite wide, staring out at Eta with wild alarm. Disturbed quite thoroughly, it takes her a moment before she can desperately slap Eta's hand away in a rather unpleasant fashion. A sizable quantity of the powder slips out of her nose, and her first, drunken instinct on what to do when her nose is all plugged up appears to be to sniff, a maneuver that leads to her nasally absorbing an 8 ball of cocaine in one snort.

[Joanie's body roll: 2]

"Oh... dear," she mouths, her breathing quickening, her pupils dilating. She seems to still be breathing through her nose as well. "Oh... boy."

She leans back unsteadily, supporting herself on her hands as yet more of the powder runs out of her nose, an uncontrolled flood. Her brain appears to be having trouble processing the rather large dose of opiates.

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2879 on: September 21, 2014, 03:42:54 pm »

"Well that's interesting. Do you have any intuitive knowledge of your nature? if so please tell me. Also let's see if you can manipulate the flow of dentures. If not it may be hard to get to the moon."
Pages: 1 ... 190 191 [192] 193 194 ... 244