Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 255141 times)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: Disgust and Confusion On The Wizardly Way
« Reply #3270 on: January 21, 2015, 08:30:48 am »

Would you more fancy lard or watermelons?

"Watermelons, of course!"

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #3271 on: January 21, 2015, 08:47:42 am »

Larry stretched his neck.  Well, leaving Hell must be a good thing, right?  Whatever; there's green pancake guys to meet.

To the home of the Green Pancake Man and What's-Her-Name!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3272 on: January 21, 2015, 02:33:43 pm »

Oh. Those look like rather poor working conditions. But, a job is a job and somebody has to do it. And hey, I bet it gets ample time to read. I guess I could tip it if it's helpful.

Eta had overcome her initial surprise was about to greet the shadow when it redirected her to the FAQ.
I suppose reading the FAQ first won't hurt. she thought as she reached for her glasses.

Read the FAQ.
Edit: Mostly looking for information on how to find the block I'm looking for, how to get there and if it is possible to find someone or contact someone in a certain block or with a certain name.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2015, 03:17:15 pm by Parisbre56 »

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
  • Real stupidity beats artificial intelligence
    • View Profile
« Reply #3273 on: January 21, 2015, 03:11:05 pm »

"Hey Stan, how's the sausage taste?"

Run towards stan. Scoop up the pademelon and throw it at him. If he's distracted at all, try and trip him up, then pin him to the ground. If he isn't distracted, charge at him and try to barrel into him. Try and both avoid the duck sword and disarm him if I get the oppertunity in both cases.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
« Reply #3274 on: January 21, 2015, 03:25:55 pm »

Would you more fancy lard or watermelons?

"Watermelons, of course!"
ELECTRIC WATERMELON STOOOOOOOOORRRRRRRRRMMMMMMM in that case.
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3275 on: January 22, 2015, 03:50:15 am »

"Hey Stan, how's the sausage taste?"

Run towards stan. Scoop up the pademelon and throw it at him. If he's distracted at all, try and trip him up, then pin him to the ground. If he isn't distracted, charge at him and try to barrel into him. Try and both avoid the duck sword and disarm him if I get the oppertunity in both cases.

Stan just frowns in response, and you notice the pademelon appears to be entirely telekinetically controlled. This gives you an idea.

[Your affinity roll: 2]
[Your finesse roll: 4]

You try to launch it, but that doesn't seem to work, so you just grab it out of the sphere of influence of your hand and throw it at Stan, who seems rather alarmed by the throw. The yellow marsupial flies at him at a rather slow, yet seemingly very panicked arc as it squirms and tries to reconfigure its body for a landing.

[Stan's body roll: 3]

Stan catches the pademelon gently in one hand and takes a moment to carefully set it down on the ground with a minimum of harm, clearly deeply empathizing with the plight of a living being used as some form of combat instrument. This is your chance, you feel, and you charge at him as he reassuringly pets the thing to make it less scared of the no doubt confusing circumstances of its manifestation.

[You vs. Stan: 1 vs. 3]

Ill-advisedly doing one of those slides you saw soccer players attempt on daytime TV, you manage to completely miss Stan, sliding past him and uprooting a fair bit of grass in the process. To mention that he is confused would be slightly redundant, as it would imply that this fight has been anything else for him thus far.

"Well," is the only thing he can manage as he watches you get up. He doesn't seem to be clear on whether to brandish his sword at you or not.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3276 on: January 22, 2015, 08:48:10 am »

John gets up quickly and points at Stan

"Do you see the futility of this fight, now, Stan? I'll just keep doing weird shit until something sticks. I'm like a weed, STAN. I'll never give up, STAN. I'll just keep going like some kind of demented energizer bunny, STAN. You better give up, because we'll both die of old age at this rate, STAN."

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3277 on: January 22, 2015, 09:07:20 am »

((I'm really thinking that Stan might be the equivalent of the Little Girl from ER, just a completely unbeatable avatar of death who makes people get really bad rolls.))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3278 on: January 22, 2015, 09:13:13 am »

John gets up quickly and points at Stan

"Do you see the futility of this fight, now, Stan? I'll just keep doing weird shit until something sticks. I'm like a weed, STAN. I'll never give up, STAN. I'll just keep going like some kind of demented energizer bunny, STAN. You better give up, because we'll both die of old age at this rate, STAN."

"Huh," he replies, and then tries a charge anyway.

[Stan vs. You: 1 vs. 2]

However, the defensive pose you manage to strike immediately as he starts to move is sufficiently intimidating and/or perplexing that he stops to reconsider his options once more.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3279 on: January 22, 2015, 09:24:25 am »

"You're wavering, Stan. I can see the doubt on your face. You don't really wish to continue this, you could simply concede defeat. We'd both be happy and I'll buy you drinks afterwards."

While keeping Stan talking (or at least listening), try and get my inner magic voice to generate a new spell. Be wary for movement from Stan and be ready to dodge away should he try something.

((I'm really thinking that Stan might be the equivalent of the Little Girl from ER, just a completely unbeatable avatar of death who makes people get really bad rolls.))
((Stan has the power of the duck-blade. Probably, he's channeling the aspect of the goose, making him a suprisingly tough opponent for the way he looks.))

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3280 on: January 22, 2015, 10:03:18 am »

"You're wavering, Stan. I can see the doubt on your face. You don't really wish to continue this, you could simply concede defeat. We'd both be happy and I'll buy you drinks afterwards."

While keeping Stan talking (or at least listening), try and get my inner magic voice to generate a new spell. Be wary for movement from Stan and be ready to dodge away should he try something.

"But that goes against the spirit of the thing, I think," Stan says, then looks unsurely at Mr. Pilton, who nods with fierce agreement. You quickly ask your voice to come up with some manner of spell to help you.

~Hm. Well, I could sure put you in a mindspace or something, but I'm pretty sure you'd lose in that event. But to keep this whole endeavor more fun, I suppose I could just give you one - one spell!~

For a moment, you feel a little odd as something in your brain feels like it's reorganizing itself awfully quickly, a zap and a shiver running along your body.

Spoiler: Your New Spell! (click to show/hide)

You take up a defensive position, but Stan appears to be trying something different.

[Stan's affinity roll: 5+1]

From his hand a stream of paper erupts, forming a ring around his body similar to one of Saturn's rings, orbiting quickly. The paper is pastel-colored, and seems awfully nice to look at.

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3281 on: January 22, 2015, 10:22:15 am »

"Goddamnit Stan, have some self preservation. I'll ask it once more. Do you yield?!" John takes a lofty posture and tries to talk like some mad prophet "Or will you doom us all?!"

The time is night. If Stan does not give up, cast Tasty Yetis sphere just above his head. If he does, laugh madly.

Spoiler: John (click to show/hide)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3282 on: January 23, 2015, 06:07:03 am »

"Goddamnit Stan, have some self preservation. I'll ask it once more. Do you yield?!" John takes a lofty posture and tries to talk like some mad prophet "Or will you doom us all?!"

The time is night. If Stan does not give up, cast Tasty Yetis sphere just above his head. If he does, laugh madly.

It's daytime, actually, but whatever floats your boat.

"Uh, well, when you put it like that... well, okay. I'll doom us all," Stan replies, sealing his no doubt terrible fate. Your eyes flash, your hair floats (or so you imagine) as you prepare to unleash the power.

[Your affinity roll: 2+1]

And thus, at your behest, a single, no doubt completely delicious yeti appears above Stan, curled up in a fetal position.

[Stan's body roll: 1-->4]

It then falls right on top of the unsuspecting secretary, squashing him beneath its weight with seemingly no trouble at all.

"Urk... okay, okay... uncle. I yield," he croaks from underneath the hairy humanoid that just cannonballed straight on top of him. The yeti looks oddly dignified and satisfied at this result.

"Hooray! We have a winner!" says Pilton.

"I knew you could do it, John!" Tracey cries out just as enthusiastically.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3283 on: January 23, 2015, 06:08:58 am »

((Oh my sides, that was the most anticlimactic fight I have ever seen.))
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Pancaek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3284 on: January 23, 2015, 06:53:42 am »

John blinks, looks around awkwardly, then clears his throat.

"I...eh...huh, last time that spell was a lot more bombastic. Well, I'm glad that's over." John looks at the yeti "Thanks for coming, mister Yeti, you've been great. Would you be so kind as to get off of Stan?" He then turns to Pilton "So, what'd I win?"

Politely ask the Yeti to get off of Stan, ask Pilton what I've won. Bask in the dubious glory of succesfully squashing someone with a yeti.
Pages: 1 ... 217 218 [219] 220 221 ... 244