Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 244

Author Topic: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus  (Read 256234 times)

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
Re: The Forgotten Art: Approaching the Nexus
« Reply #3540 on: April 01, 2015, 10:29:36 am »

"Snuffle Sniff"
(If I chose regular magic and become more powerful can I get a holy bonus of denture magic later? Either way I'll just spread your gospel  and find a new high priest. RIP Dave.)

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3541 on: April 01, 2015, 11:09:57 am »

"Nothing that violent, not unless he is uncooperative. I am here to deliver a message, investigate and if I find it appropriate, take whatever action I consider to be right. That doesn't sound as bad as it could be, does it Gamu?"
Observe his reaction.

He seems distinctly unimpressed. And as you speak, though, you see the fear it previously had dissipate as it comes to a realization.

"Wait. You wouldn't be from topside, would you? You don't have the feel of a surfaced legbreaker," it asks curiously.

"Snuffle Sniff"
(If I chose regular magic and become more powerful can I get a holy bonus of denture magic later? Either way I'll just spread your gospel  and find a new high priest. RIP Dave.)

"Oh, sure. Bring me a high priest after you've got some magic and then we'll be in business. I could give you a holy denture to give to the chosen one, even. Just as long as we get this business over with, finally. I mean, geez."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3542 on: April 01, 2015, 11:14:33 am »

"I am a human witch. From the surface. I thought that was obvious. Why? Who or what did you think I was?
And no, I rarely break legs myself. I usually have others do it for me whenever it is necessary."

Does he even have bones? Why's he so worried about his legs?
Not to mention that breaking someone's legs will probably make getting him to pay you back even less likely.
Unless they have good insurance.

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3543 on: April 01, 2015, 11:40:12 am »

"I am a human witch. From the surface. I thought that was obvious. Why? Who or what did you think I was?
And no, I rarely break legs myself. I usually have others do it for me whenever it is necessary."

Does he even have bones? Why's he so worried about his legs?
Not to mention that breaking someone's legs will probably make getting him to pay you back even less likely.
Unless they have good insurance.

"I see. When I spotted you, I thought you were one of us. Well, not one of us - a more affluent type. The kind with a boss who sends them up on a token mission to the surface so they can look as unnerving as possible and then sends them down to put the fear into the likes of me. But you're actually from up there, aren't you?"

The shade pauses, thinking carefully, and then resumes speaking, now a little more respectfully.

"Well. That does change things. Would you be amenable to making a deal?"

The Froggy Ninja

• Bay Watcher
  • Crying on the floor due to losing my entire hoard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3544 on: April 01, 2015, 12:17:28 pm »

"Snort Gronk"
(Geeze I know right what was it three, four variable eternities? Time is dumb. LET'S DO IT!)

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3545 on: April 01, 2015, 12:18:21 pm »

Intimidating demon? I don't know if I should be flattered or insulted. Probably both.
"I do not have all the information I would like to have yet... But I would be willing to hear you out, at least. See if what you say aligns with what I am currently thinking of doing. I am nothing, if not reasonable. What kind of deal are you thinking about?"
« Last Edit: April 01, 2015, 12:28:46 pm by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3546 on: April 01, 2015, 01:03:39 pm »

"I do not have all the information I would like to have yet... But I would be willing to hear you out, at least. See if what you say aligns with what I am currently thinking of doing. I am nothing, if not reasonable. What kind of deal are you thinking about?"

"I don't know, I just thought of us maybe making a deal. I mean, you're here, and you're likely to be the only surface person I'll ever see in my entire existence, so why not go for broke? I could tell you my name in return for some convincing-looking surface stuff. Maybe a handful of your hair? I could maybe sell it to someone for a little profit. An article of clothing would be a finished good, so that'd get you even more stuff. Maybe you can put in a good word about me to whoever took you here, if anyone? I'd be pretty damn grateful for that."

In a single motion he closes the hatch, keeping both you and the law-shade inside.

"But first, let's isolate ourselves from possible listeners. I'd rather they didn't know which one I am. There have been issues. And fights."

Jamahawk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3547 on: April 01, 2015, 04:55:59 pm »

Joel stands next to Samson as he ignites the flammable paper.  Surely magic was not as simple as that.

"If I get nothing else out of this visit, I might as well take one of the vast amount of literary works cluttering this room.  Mistress, I will have a book please, and you can just hand me mine."

He begins to walk close enough for a book to be handed to him.

flabort

• Bay Watcher
  • Still a demilich, despite the 4e and 5e nerfs
    • View Profile
« Reply #3548 on: April 01, 2015, 08:10:28 pm »

Roger picks up the book, being wary of any dogs, with two fingers as if it were slightly offensive.

"I... see. Just burn this, uh, 'Longing' book and look at the flames? I don't think I'll have a problem with the first part."

Tear out the front two pages, roll them into a cone and light the wide top. Watch it burn.
The Cyan Menace

Went away for a while, came back, went away for a while, and back for now.

wipeout1024

• Bay Watcher
  • I lie, but I tell the truth too.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3549 on: April 02, 2015, 04:05:25 am »

Tiana was overwhelmed. Was her dream not just the stuff of fantasy?
Find a book, rip out a page from the middle, and light it.
« Last Edit: April 03, 2015, 07:10:12 am by wipeout1024 »
Ain't nobody got time for that.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3550 on: April 02, 2015, 05:57:25 am »

"I could try talking to someone about you, but I cannot guarantee the results. I do have items I could give you, mobile phones, matchboxes, even some of my hair or clothes if you really want them. I gave one of the others here some golden shoes for his help in helping me find Bonzo."

"I would appreciate any help you could offer me for finding Bonzo, sharing any relevant information. Like information about those fights for example."

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3551 on: April 02, 2015, 11:43:06 am »

Joel stands next to Samson as he ignites the flammable paper.  Surely magic was not as simple as that.

"If I get nothing else out of this visit, I might as well take one of the vast amount of literary works cluttering this room.  Mistress, I will have a book please, and you can just hand me mine."

He begins to walk close enough for a book to be handed to him.

As you start to step toward her, she throws a random book at your hands in an ungainly fashion. It goes somewhat to your right, but you manage to catch it without much problem. This one seems to be called "The First Temptation of Eadar".

"Good catch. And same deal for you as for the others."

"I could try talking to someone about you, but I cannot guarantee the results. I do have items I could give you, mobile phones, matchboxes, even some of my hair or clothes if you really want them. I gave one of the others here some golden shoes for his help in helping me find Bonzo."

"I would appreciate any help you could offer me for finding Bonzo, sharing any relevant information. Like information about those fights for example."

"A handful of hair, and you get the name of the guy living opposite me. The one he says he has, anyway. A surface artifact - a genuine one, especially a document of some sort - and I tell you about the fights. I don't actually know who Bonzo is, but I can tell you a few things anyway."

"Who helped you, by the way? Could be important."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3552 on: April 02, 2015, 12:58:24 pm »

"Okay, I can do that. Sounds useful." Eta searched around in her bag a bit. "I don't suppose you have a pair of scissors?"

"You won't do anything to hurt him, will you? It wouldn't be good for my reputation if I betrayed my sources. I mean, what would you think if I gave out your name to someone who would become angry about this?"

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3553 on: April 02, 2015, 02:29:13 pm »

"Okay, I can do that. Sounds useful." Eta searched around in her bag a bit. "I don't suppose you have a pair of scissors?"

"You won't do anything to hurt him, will you? It wouldn't be good for my reputation if I betrayed my sources. I mean, what would you think if I gave out your name to someone who would become angry about this?"

"No scissors. And I'd like to know mostly because it'd be informative on who's who, possibly, since I know at least one of these guys would tell you exactly jack shit no matter what you did to him, and one other's pretty unlikely to even talk to you in the first place."

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #3554 on: April 02, 2015, 03:01:30 pm »

"Oh, all right then. It was Gef. In Gef's room. At least according to what he told me."
Eta turned to look at the lawshade.
"What about you, any scissors? Or a way to cut my hair? Without pulling them out, of course."
Pages: 1 ... 235 236 [237] 238 239 ... 244