Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 101

Author Topic: Darkest Dungeon II. Emotionally traumatize some adventurers. Wagon Life.  (Read 213694 times)

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Waiting for town events. Any news about that?
Make love not war

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile

ERMEGERD Found the ultimate anti-Swine King/Prince/God/Whatever. From front to back: Manatarms, 2 bounty hunters, arbalest or vestal. Its freaking insane. And of you use the "bigger they are" skill with the bounty hunters? Glorious.
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

Guys. You can now exchange heirlooms. There's a little rotating arrow symbol by the heirloom counts in the hamlet screen. You can trade a number of one kind of heirloom to get 1 of another kind of heirloom. For example, 3 crests to get 1 deed or 1 bust.

Finally all these excess crests I get can be put to good use.
Steam ID: Spehss Cat
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

Guys. You can now exchange heirlooms. There's a little rotating arrow symbol by the heirloom counts in the hamlet screen. You can trade a number of one kind of heirloom to get 1 of another kind of heirloom. For example, 3 crests to get 1 deed or 1 bust.

Finally all these excess crests I get can be put to good use.

Thank. Freaking. God. Finally you can run other dungeons and still make appreciable progress toward an unlock you need, rather than just having to throw guys into the meatgrinder to pass the week. While it's certainly a gamey solution, I'll take it.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2016, 08:13:06 pm by nenjin »
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

Additionally, it looks like Red Hook changed how missions reward heirlooms. Any region can give any kind of heirloom, rather than being fixed per region. You can get busts or deeds rather than just crests from the Cove now. Or busts from the warrens, or paintings from the ruins, etc.

If you're playing an old save, you'll need to pass a week so the game can load new mission rewards for the change to take effect.
Turns out you can seriously not notice how deep into this shit you went until you get out.

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

I like how the antiquarian despite not being uber as a companion (not terribad either, though: has a mass dodge ability, and minor healing and blight skills, so it's not like she's a dead weight), adds antiques to your stock. You can actually make a profit even if you have to abandon the quest, with her. Not a huge profit, but enough to heal major characters, and do some minor improvement..
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

LordPorkins

• Bay Watcher
  • Unrelated to DukePorkins
    • View Profile

Ah. But what am i going to do with my prized collection of 999 crests?
Īlul Thuveg-Ellest
Rete Sano-Pima
Tormuk Dul-Orax
Kar Pum-Sisha

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

Can you get antiquarians in old saves? I've done something like 4 missions in a row now and haven't gotten a single one from the cart, with 5 heroes a week.

askovdk

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Can you get antiquarians in old saves? I've done something like 4 missions in a row now and haven't gotten a single one from the cart, with 5 heroes a week.

Yes, I'm still playing my first game and have just enlisted a first antiquarian, but it took some time for her to show up in the random rotation.
My HMoM forts :
 Kindletours - A flying silver city.
 Boardstrap - Thermal borehole HoMM5 style.

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

Found an antiquarian finally. She seems...bad? I haven't tried taking her out in a party yet, and haven't seen how her skills scale.  It looks like she's meant to be a support character. Her damage looks awful. But all her skills are single target, her blight skill does chip damage at level 1, all her dodge buff skills are single target, and her heal skill is mediocre.

It seems like she's trying to be a jack of all trades support character, when those support roles can be better filled by other classes. If I need a healer I could take a vestal, or an arbalest who can do damage as well as heal. If I wanted to use dodge buffing as a tactic I could take a man-at-arms, who also can do damage. If I wanted to use blight I'd take a plague doctor and/or an abomination for blight resistance debuffs. If I wanted to debuff enemy accuracy I could use a man-at-arms or an arbalest, both of whom have aoe debuffs and can do damage as well.

I don't see why I would want to take an antiquarian along. I suppose the camping skill that gives a trinket could be nice, depending on how good of trinkets they drop. I guess making a party of 4 antiquarians to a low level mission with camping, set up camp asap, use all their trinket skills, then cancel the mission when all campfires are used up and sell all the trinkets in the hamlet. But that sounds really scummy.

miljan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Yes she is bad on purpose. Her only role is to give you more income, gives passive bonus with increase gold stack for 30%, and also you can not use her skills if you use camp in the first few rooms. She is increased risk/reword for getting more money from dungeons but at the same time the dungeon will be harder as she is weak.
Make love not war

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile

They shoulda just left the class being called "Merchant."
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

ChairmanPoo

• Bay Watcher
  • Send in the clowns
    • View Profile

She's a jack of all trades that provides an income bonus big enough to make short dungeons as profitable as medium ones. I don't think she's bad at all.

I'd probably not bring her along onto anything that isn't a short dungeon though. Due to stash constraints and supply needs the impact of her bonus is bound to be less, whereas her lack of firepower will be more noticeable
There's two kinds of performance reviews: the one you make they don't read, the one they make whilst they sharpen their daggers
Everyone sucks at everything. Until they don't. Not sucking is a product of time invested.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile

She's mostly useful in the early game, where trinket scrounge can bring in plenty on its own; especially if you nab rares/v.rares. You can pair her with a Man-at-Arms or highwayman. Have them use their riposte skills and use Protect Me! to boost their Prot through the roof; though you'll need to compensate for her low speed with a Fleet florin or Quickdraw Bracer. You can actually do some hilarious pairings like 2x Antiquarian + 2x Leper/HWM with damage trinkets.

Aside from PM! and IV skills though, her skill set is more lackluster than it needs to be. Flashpowder and Get Down are inferior to IV, the first because it doesn't need to pass debuff resist and the second because it targets the whole party. Festering vapors just ekes out a win against nervous stab since you're generally only dealing 1-2 damage with her low damage anyway. Fortifying vapors is a 1hp heal so I don't know why anyone would bother using it except as a last-ditch deathblow preventer.

If they made it so she could ignore Resolve level dungeon restrictions she'd be a lot more useful. Unless you're planning to do some meta like taking 4 of her into a long dungeon to camp and trinket scrounge before abandoning.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2016, 04:12:08 pm by Blaze »

Spehss _

• Bay Watcher
  • full of stars
    • View Profile

patch notes, if you're interested in that.

Quote from: devlog
Removed ability to use Firewood while in the middle of camping, thus starting a new camp. You can no longer camp, while you camp, even though you all like to camp.

Didn't notice that Antiquarian's invigorating vapours targets the entire party. Makes her slightly more useful than I thought.

The protection buff from "Protect Me!" looks pretty good. except that my experience with protection is that enemies will prioritize targets that don't have protection over enemies that do. So rather than have a guy with high protection tank, you have a guy with high protection who drives the enemies into attacking other targets.
Pages: 1 ... 79 80 [81] 82 83 ... 101