Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27

Author Topic: SerCon's Roll to Fail - T24: Derm Occurred  (Read 21088 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: SerCon's Roll to Fail - T14: Mostly 4
« Reply #225 on: November 06, 2013, 03:54:12 pm »

I never got a notification...

Go outside and see whats (Figuratively) up.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
Re: SerCon's Roll to Fail - T15: A pretty good round for the players, apparently
« Reply #226 on: November 07, 2013, 03:39:56 pm »

TURN 15

Yoink sits on the toilet to save the game take a break, as despite the zombies this is not in fact Dead Rising - or No More Heroes, for that matter. (5) He wraps his wounds up in toilet paper. I... guess he's not bleeding now? (4) He tries to make fart noises but ends up sounding more like a duck. That's probably more likely to attract attention than to dissuade it, but luckily no one comes in to find the duck.

Persus looks for stores that sell medical supplies. (5) Hmm, there's a convenience store. They might sell some things. He investigates (4) and find they sell some basic medical supplies; ACE bandages and bandaids, aspirin, that kind of thing. Only question is how is he going to acquire it? He hasn't checked his wallet in awhile...

GL (4) cannot find impressionable youngsters nearby, as they are apparently staying inside like sensible folk. Or are playing CoD: Ghosts. It's probably Ghosts.

Derm leaves the burning library, not a care in the world, and looks around. Hmm. Library is on fire, there are a ton of zombies (many dressed like police officers) around and a lot of corpses on the ground, the mall is still open, there's a couple of destroyed buildings nearby, and the nearby sign says he's on Tanuki Lane. Seems like this happens every Halloween around here.

Lenglon attempts to Human Torch her situation. (6) ...Surprisingly, this actually works. She absorbs the fire into her skin and starts giggling like a lunatic. Well. Time to roll to see if she's just immune to fire or can actually use it, odd even. (6) Yep. Lenglon can project fire at will. That matter settled, she moves to get out of the library before it collapses. (3) She barely makes it, although she gets beaned by a few collapsing bricks. Also, there's a blond guy in wizard robes staring at the street sign out here.

STATUS

Yoink is preparing to enter the Garden of Madness - multiple broken bones, compound fracture breaking skin in right forearm, wrapped in toilet paper
Persus is contemplating medical supplies - Left arm from elbow down eaten by zombies
GL is getting pissed at this generation wasting all their time on the Xbox when there are ACTUAL zombies to kill - Has a DBSO shotgun and ammo to spare
Derm is hanging out with Lenglon - Can use song titles to try and do things, sounds like Vincent Price
Lenglon is hanging out with Derm - Can create and control fire, bruises along shoulders
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: SerCon's Roll to Fail - T15: A pretty good round for the players, apparently
« Reply #227 on: November 07, 2013, 03:56:11 pm »

(Is cod: ghosts supposed to be that good? Never understood any FPS, even half life which is supposed to be the holy grail of video games, I did like the modded version of doom, brutal doom.

Guess I just like relentless catharsis or saddle up to that wall and prepare to be talked at for five minutes, soldier!
Maybe metal gear solid would help with that.)
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: November 07, 2013, 04:36:22 pm »

Check and see if there is anyone else in the store.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: November 07, 2013, 04:53:42 pm »

"You there, fire man, help me out!"

Combo action with Lenglon! Through the fire and the zombies!
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: November 07, 2013, 05:06:10 pm »

Derm! Sing 'you belong to me' from Matthew minor!
Or brighter days, whichever suits you.
Alan help.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: November 07, 2013, 05:30:24 pm »

I don't know what either of those are!

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #232 on: November 07, 2013, 05:43:10 pm »

I don't know what either of those are!
Well, I can't link them, so try to search them up, I found them when I was looking if a song was called fireproof, turned out there was a movie from 2008 that as well as many others, had those two songs In it.
Alan help.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: November 07, 2013, 05:53:19 pm »

((Female))
"Sounds like a plan."
Combo action with Dermonster! Through the fire and the zombies!
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: November 07, 2013, 07:33:09 pm »

FIND IMPRESSIONABLE CHILDREN, EVEN IF I HAVE TO BREAK INTO THEIR HOME AND TEAR THEM AWAY FROM THEIR DEVIL GAMES.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: November 07, 2013, 08:28:42 pm »

@E/D: I dunno, I don't much care for Call of Duty (especially for what effect it has had, through no fault of its own, to other franchises that I did like because of publishers/developers 'wanting the CoD audience'. RE6, anyone?) :P I just know it came out recently.
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: November 07, 2013, 09:19:54 pm »

@E/D: I dunno, I don't much care for Call of Duty (especially for what effect it has had, through no fault of its own, to other franchises that I did like because of publishers/developers 'wanting the CoD audience'. RE6, anyone?) :P I just know it came out recently.
Honestly, I think I would really like horror games and I hate all of the games wiping them out for absoloutly no reason when amnesia exists.

Course, I'm to much of a pussy to try them out, I may try amnesia soon however, depends on my pussy level.
Alan help.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 07, 2013, 09:36:04 pm »

Yeah, RE going from a semblance of horror to block-buster action bullshit annoys me to no end. Silent Hill fell off a cliff starting at The Room, Dead Space went blockbuster action with 3, Amnesia: A Machine For Pigs is probably the most boring game I've ever seen (although Dark Descent was pretty good. Take what I say about Amnesia with a grain of salt however, I watched Deatheven13's LPs of those rather than play them myself. He's normally entertaining enough but I was falling asleep during AMFP, and this is coming from a guy that actually beat Rule of Rose), Dead Rising 3 (although hardly a serious horror franchise in the first place) is going to be 'pursuing the CoD audience'...

*sigh*

Well, if you have a fairly decent PC and Steam, and if you like games that have a lot of dialogue choices and some decent action, I'd probably recommend Vampire: the Masquerade Bloodlines. It was on sale for Steam around Halloween so it's probably more expensive now, but I picked it up for five bucks when I had the chance and I quite enjoy it. It's somewhat horror as it is about vampires and such and was made before Twilight was a thing, and there's always the Ocean Hotel level. That one actually got me the first time I went through it. :P

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: November 07, 2013, 09:42:00 pm »

Been meaning to pick up the Vampire games.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: November 07, 2013, 09:52:26 pm »

I haven't played V:tM Redemption, so I dunno about that one, but I will say Bloodlines with the Clan Mod 3.0 and the fix for that is quite good. Kind of experiencing Elder Scrolls syndrome though, where I make a guy and get like 25% into it then I'm like 'I wanna try out a different clan and maybe a different build' and yeah. :P If you do get it I would recommend anything except a Malkavian or a Nosferatu to start with. Reason is the Malkavians know the plot and will give it away if you're paying enough attention, and I don't really like the way they talk. I mean, it can be interesting at times, but usually it just seems kinda awkward and stilted to me. As for the other, the Nosferatu don't have access to one of the three dialogue skills (Seduction, specifically, which is actually somewhat useful to have as then at the very least you can talk people into letting you drink their blood without racking up Masquerade Violations) as well as being mostly restricted to the sewers and having to do some quests differently because they're ugly as hell.

Really I think the game assumes you're playing a Brujah the first time through, although I went Toreador initially... and am also currently running a Malkavian and a Nosferatu at the same time for reasons I don't know. :P
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 27