Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27

Author Topic: SerCon's Roll to Fail - T24: Derm Occurred  (Read 21288 times)

Sean Mirrsen

• Bay Watcher
  • Bearer of the Psionic Flame
    • View Profile
Re: SerCon's Roll to Fail - T15: A pretty good round for the players, apparently
« Reply #255 on: November 08, 2013, 01:09:45 am »

Re: Masquerade: Redemption, I found it a pretty decent game, personally. More "Neverwinter Nights" than "Oblivion" in terms of gameplay, quite nice story, and the multiplayer GM mode is pretty fun to play around in.
Multiworld Madness Archive:
Game One, Discontinued at World 3.
Game Two, Discontinued at World 1.

"Europe has to grow out of the mindset that Europe's problems are the world's problems, but the world's problems are not Europe's problems."
- Subrahmanyam Jaishankar, Minister of External Affairs, India

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
Re: SerCon's Roll to Fail - T15: A pretty good round for the players, apparently
« Reply #256 on: November 08, 2013, 03:18:31 am »

>Check status.

> Check sanity.

>Check inventory.

>Checkmate--
"Oh, wait- wrong game."

>Neaten myself up in a bathroom mirror, then head cautiously back outside and look around.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: November 09, 2013, 09:33:37 pm »

TURN 16

Yoink checks his status. The EKG is in Orange Caution, all six of his pockets are empty as well as his personal item pocket due to losing his wallet earlier, and he has no FILES or MAPS on him. Next he checks his meters. The RED health meter is sitting at about 20% away from the bottom. The BLUE magic meter is completely empty because he doesn't know any magic. The GREEN sanity meter is about 80% full, leading to only a slight tilt of the camera angle and no insanity effects just yet. Also he already checked his inventory a few sentences ago. That being done, he moves the white knight one west and two north to checkmate the black king.

What the fuck am I even anymore. (6) Yoink neatens himself up pretty damn fine in that mirror. He's probably the most attractive man in this county if not state despite his injuries and self-mummification. He strolls out of the bathroom in slow motion, ready to get up to some real shenanigans now. If only he had something ritzy instead of these casual clothes.

Persus looks to see if there is anyone besides the cashier in the store. (4) Nope, just the two of them. Everyone else is probably at home for obvious reasons.

GL is not giving up his search. (6) He actually does manage to find a single child - an eleven year old girl quite sensibly hiding in a tree. "DAMN IT CLEMENTINE YOU GET DOWN HERE AND LEARN HOW TO SHOOT SOME ZOMBIES!" he roars, pulling her out of the branches and handing her a small .38 revolver that he totally had this entire time because of 6. The girl - who in fact looks more of Irish descent than like Clementine, but you try explaining that to a loony with a shotgun - shoots a zombie. (5) It's a clean headshot. "YOU'RE DOING ME PROUD GIRL!"

Derm & Lenglon are our first tag team. Possibly meowrails in the bargain, if I'm not reading entirely too much into this. And possibly making jokes about another character Lenglon plays. Regardless. (Derm: 6. Lenglon: 5. 6+5=11/2=5.5=6.) Derm produces a guitar from his wizard robes and proceeds to thrash, giving Lenglon a theme song power-up. Fire is fucking EVERYWHERE. And now ashes are fucking EVERYWHERE. On the plus side, the immediate three blocks are clear of any pedestrians, be they zombie or otherwise. On the other hand, that was sure to attract some attention from something worse than zombies because 6.

STATUS

Yoink is big pimping without the actual pimp lifestyle - multiple broken bones, compound fracture breaking skin in right forearm, wrapped in toilet paper, sharply dressed, has some weird damn portmanteau of the Resident Evil 1 and Eternal Darkness status screens
Persus is eyeing the cashier - Left arm from elbow down eaten by zombies
GL is teaching a girl how to shoot - Has a DBSO shotgun and ammo to spare, as well as a sidekick with a .38 special
Derm is headbanging - Can use song titles to try and do things, sounds like Vincent Price
Lenglon is enjoying herself way too much - Can create and control fire, bruises along shoulders
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: SerCon's Roll to Fail - T16: I don't even
« Reply #258 on: November 09, 2013, 09:55:58 pm »

Combo action: Fistbump.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: November 09, 2013, 10:11:23 pm »

Seduce cashier in order to get money or medical care.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: November 09, 2013, 10:29:40 pm »

Possibly meowrails in the bargain, if I'm not reading entirely too much into this. And possibly making jokes about another character Lenglon plays.
((That took longer for my google-fu to look up than expected, in any case...))
meowrails
((ok, if we're doing things that way...))

"Nyes!"
Joyously hug Derm, as SC's references become more accurate than he intended. :3
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #261 on: November 09, 2013, 10:33:52 pm »

>Stroll my way languidly over to a clothes store of some kind. Preferably a ritzy one.

>Window-shop. Window-shop with the fury of some sort of ancient deity of window-shopping.

Oh, and greet any lovely ladies with a suave smile, and any jump-scares with a shriek of terror.
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: November 09, 2013, 11:02:30 pm »

Possibly meowrails in the bargain, if I'm not reading entirely too much into this. And possibly making jokes about another character Lenglon plays.
((That took longer for my google-fu to look up than expected, in any case...))
meowrails
((ok, if we're doing things that way...))

"Nyes!"
Joyously hug Derm, as SC's references become more accurate than he intended. :3

I'm not changing my action.

Thus your action will likely involve you punching yourself in the face with my fist.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: November 09, 2013, 11:16:09 pm »

I'm not changing my action.

Thus your action will likely involve you punching yourself in the face with my fist.
((This is roll to fail - there are far worse fates available.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
« Reply #264 on: November 09, 2013, 11:58:26 pm »

(Just got my breath back, Jesus Christ you are amazing at this, I loved that 6,that GL got, also everyones turns, because you know, 6.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: November 10, 2013, 02:24:03 am »

(Bwahahahahahahaha!)
Teach her anti-zombie kung-fu.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: November 11, 2013, 03:49:41 pm »

Oh, shit. For whatever reason I didn't realize everyone had posted, or I would have done this earlier. @_@ Good thing I thought to check for who I was missing. Sorry!

TURN 17

Yoink (6) continues to walk in slow motion, casually shoving a mall security guard out of his way by putting his hand - the one on the broken arm - in his face and pushing him to the ground. He enters one of the clothing stores, despite it being closed, and dresses in sort of casual fashion - red smoking jacket, nice black slacks, dress shoes, the whole deal. With pipe in hand and cravat firmly tied, he leaves the mall and tips his pipe to a man and his daughter, who are scurrying about and shooting diseased cretins. Well. Now that he's stylin' and profilin', what's he want to do?

Persus walks up to the counter and leans on it. (4) "So, baby... how about me and you tonight?" The cashier coughs politely into her hand. "Sorry, I'm not into guys." Well, that could have gone worse. Such as mace to the eyes or a good old stungun to the chest.

GL (3) attempts to teach his sidekick anti-zombie kung-fu, but then remembers he doesn't know any. Guns seem to be working anyway, even if the girl seems to be more scared of him than the zombies. In any case, there's some fool dressed like a Bond villain wandering about here now, seemingly unconcerned with the threat around.

Derm & Lenglon both go to congratulate the other but aren't quite in agreement how to go about it. (Derm: 5. Lenglon: 3. 5+3=8/2=4.) Lenglon tries to jump on him but realizes he's holding his fist out at the last moment and manages to twist in mid-leap so she doesn't get punched. They're left standing around feeling kinda foolish though.

STATUS

Yoink is a sharp-dressed man - multiple broken bones, compound fracture breaking skin in right forearm - bleeding again, wrapped in toilet paper, well dressed, has some weird damn portmanteau of the Resident Evil 1 and Eternal Darkness status screens
Persus is getting shot down - Left arm from elbow down eaten by zombies
GL is regretting his lack of knowledge re: martial arts - Has a DBSO shotgun and ammo to spare, as well as a sidekick with a .38 special
Derm is still hanging, waiting on that fist-bump - Can use song titles to try and do things, sounds like Vincent Price
Lenglon is probably embarrassed about that - Can create and control fire, bruises along shoulders
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: SerCon's Roll to Fail - T17: Y U No 1 Dice?
« Reply #267 on: November 11, 2013, 03:53:11 pm »

"Right. So. What now?"

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: November 11, 2013, 03:55:32 pm »

Explain that I need medical supplies and have no money. Ask for help.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: November 11, 2013, 03:55:59 pm »

"Um... I dunno."
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18] 19 20 ... 27