Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27

Author Topic: SerCon's Roll to Fail - T24: Derm Occurred  (Read 21092 times)

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile
Re: SerCon's Roll to Fail - T19: Doom Upon Us All?
« Reply #300 on: November 20, 2013, 11:16:31 pm »

Well you were on a, 'get f*****' system, so I think this way is apt.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: November 20, 2013, 11:33:57 pm »

I got RoR because of you.

I'VE NEVER BEEN THE SAME SINCE.

I tell you, every time I say to myself "i don't like this game, I will stop playing now" the next day? Right back on it, I tell you, and I've only unlocked the bandit, commando and the riot dude!

The bandit is a badass. Got my first win with him at 94 minutes. :P I also like the enforcer but I'm just not that good with him; same with the huntress. I think I like the Acrid best though, simply because once you get into the groove of how to play him (and get the right power-ups) he can ROFLstomp large groups of enemies... and I love me my crowd control.

I think we should be getting assist bonuses instead of averaging, just making a note here.

I prefer averaging. It's less complicated than figuring out 'ok so if Derm rolls a 5 but Lenglon rolls a 1 should that be a 2, 3, or 4, or should it just be a 1 for both of them, or should I just let Derm get his action but punish Lenglon, or what?' Also, averaging works in your favor.

...That actually may be an argument for me to stop doing it since it occurs to me I haven't killed anybody in several turns and it would take both of you rolling a 1 to get you two by averaging. Hmm. I'll consider that. May go back to counting actions separately even for a team effort...
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #302 on: November 20, 2013, 11:35:06 pm »

Nonono wait stop what.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: November 20, 2013, 11:36:54 pm »

I tell you, best round I had was as a commando when I got infusion, also a couple of speeding up upgrades (3 Goat hoves I tell you) I had 502 health by the time I died.
Alan help.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: November 20, 2013, 11:46:16 pm »

I tell you, best round I had was as a commando when I got infusion, also a couple of speeding up upgrades (3 Goat hoves I tell you) I had 502 health by the time I died.

Nothing better than soldier's syringes and the sprouting egg. :3 I'm kind of torn on the commando, though. I want to like him, and he's clearly a balanced character, but I prefer either more crowd control options or mighty glaciers, which the Acrid is a bit of both (he has no evasion options and has only one ability for attacking beyond about three character lengths, but he hits like a beast and his attacks just tear through crowds when combo'd correctly). The Commando's more of a DPS kind of character.

Nonono wait stop what.

:3
SerCon Shorts: This Is How You Do It - Twenty-three one minute or less videos of random stupidity in AC:U, Bloodborne, DS2:SotFS, Salt & Sanctuary, and The Witcher 3.

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #305 on: November 20, 2013, 11:52:34 pm »

Speaking of, you really like the acrid, how do you get him? (I'm assuming he's that silhouette of the monster.)
Alan help.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: November 21, 2013, 12:01:06 am »

On level 3, if you get the water level, head to the upper-right corner of the map. As far as you can go. You might have to go left, up, and then right. Regardless, once you're there, if there's a cage then you found him. All you have to do is open the cage and take him down. Easier said than done; took me about fifteen tries, counting times the cage didn't spawn or I got the other level 3. I'm not certain if you can get him if you activate the teleporter first, though.

Spoiler: Other characters (click to show/hide)

I spoiler'd it because I'm not sure if you want to know how to unlock the rest or not. Now, to work on a few of them myself...
« Last Edit: November 21, 2013, 12:05:27 am by SeriousConcentrate »

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: November 21, 2013, 12:03:38 am »

Thanks, ill remember that, I WON'T BE ABLE TO!
Alan help.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: November 21, 2013, 12:28:30 am »

(YOINK, GIVE ME MY ORPHAN BACK!)

Mutate into super human for shits and giggles.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: November 21, 2013, 12:32:10 am »

No problem, E/D. ^^^ Always happy to help out when I'm able.

Yoink

• Bay Watcher
  • OKAY, FINE.
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: November 23, 2013, 01:07:46 pm »

>Make awkward attempt at mentor-youngster bonding.

>Try and figure out where that crazy guy went. Also, look for any nearby payphones- might need to call the cops if he gets out of control, after all!
Booze is Life for Yoink

To deprive him of Drink is to steal divinity from God.
you need to reconsider your life
If there's any cause worth dying for, it's memes.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: November 23, 2013, 01:15:39 pm »

That's everybody, so turn tonight. I prefer writing for this after dark for some reason and that will hopefully give me enough time to actually beat RoR as someone other than the Acrid (two wins), the Bandit, or the Engineer.

fucking HAN-D. I was THIS close to winning and never needing to touch that scrapheap ever again...

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: November 23, 2013, 04:30:53 pm »

The bandit, huh? I got the mother load before, a soldiers syringe, crowbar, and tons of other healing items, but most importantly, a unstable clock, 1 and a half minute cool down, but for 8 seconds, everything stopped, I could wail on bosses, taking them down in minutes, and soon, I had that clover thing, never got anything from it apart from one stupid item, broken jetpack, and a war banner were the best I had, then I got two more soldiers syringes, everyone knows of the fact the bandit can fire faster if you mash the fire button just right, right? Well, if I was in a war banners radius with a happy mask (forgot about that.) and my three soldiers syringes, I could jackhammer that fire button and he would be unstoppable, problem was, I was on HAHAHAHA difficulty and when on the... Ahem, 'ship stage', bosses where like normal minions at the rate I was going, I died from standing still for two seconds in the ship, there were two mega imps, countless jellyfish, and so many other things, even the ghosts couldn't help...

I'm thinking of starting a discussion about RoR in the other games section, is there already one like that?
Alan help.

SeriousConcentrate

• Bay Watcher
  • The Hollow Street Hero
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: November 23, 2013, 09:29:17 pm »

There is, but I'm not bothering. I'd rather play with one of the like seven people on my Steam friends list than someone I barely know here on Bay12, but none of them have it. Ah well. Whatever. You guys are here for turns anyway. :P This turn brought to you by a Goonies 2 OCR remix entitled "I'm Taking It All Back."

TURN 20

Yoink turns to the girl. (1) "So y..." He doesn't even have two words out of his mouth before he realizes she cheesed it the second he wasn't looking. Well. Probably for the best. The streets are no place for a kid. And while he's looking for her, he gets chomped. Now red is all over his coat and his left shoulder really hurts. Beyond that, he's now infected. YAY! (3) He has no idea which way GL went. Bigger things are on his mind right now.

Persus decides to look for rare birds. ??? (6) Well, how about that. It's a roc! A mythological beast like that would certainly qualify as a rare bird, right? Oh, hey, what's this? Persus is getting to go for a ride in its talons! The city sure looks small from up here, huh? Better hope it doesn't drop you!

GL decides to try to become superhuman. Hey, it worked for Lenglon. (2) He strains and concentrates and grits his teeth... and clenches his jaw so hard he dislocates it. Ow.

Derm & Lenglon decide the best way to deal with this threat is with music. There are worse ideas. (2, 4) Lenglon fireshapes a few fiddles, but Derm can't hold his because, well, it's fire. Lenglon's problem is that she doesn't know how to play one. Meanwhile, a shoulder and massive head have emerged from the ground. Lenglon thinks that maybe she's a quarter of the size of one of those fangs. And whew, does that demon's breath stink as it roars in their faces. It doesn't seem to care about the big fiddle.

STATUS

Yoink needs Zombrex badly - multiple broken bones, compound fracture breaking skin in right forearm - bleeding again, wrapped in toilet paper, well dressed, has some weird damn portmanteau of the Resident Evil 1 and Eternal Darkness status screens, has a slingshot he can't use due to broken arm
Persus is looking down at it all - Left arm from elbow down is mechanical and has ridiculous grip strength, being carried by a roc
GL is holding the right side of his face - Has a DBSO shotgun and ammo to spare, dislocated jaw
Derm is sucking on his burned fingers to try and cool them - Can use song titles to try and do things, sounds like Vincent Price, burned fingers
Lenglon is all :o at the demon - Can create and control fire, bruises along shoulders

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: November 23, 2013, 09:36:22 pm »

"SCREW THE FIDDLES, COMBINE LIKE VOLTRON!"

Song Choice: We got the touch! WE GOT THE POWEEEEEEER!

Combine with Lenglon to form a giant singing plasma coated mega human.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2013, 09:40:08 pm by dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 [21] 22 23 ... 27