Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7

Author Topic: COHξRξNCξ LξNGTH: A Half-Life-Inspired RTD (Turn Six, Finally; Waitlist Open)  (Read 6924 times)

CubeJackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile

I'd like to apply for one of the remaining slots, please!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile
Re: COHξRξNCξ LξNGTH: A Half-Life-Inspired RTD (Turn Four; Two Slots Left!)
« Reply #46 on: November 11, 2013, 04:25:17 pm »

Turn Three: Adhesion

Sector A:

Harvey Bekter goes onto the intercom and tries to make his announcement. "Is this thing on?" - Harvey just hears his own unamplified voice. He thumps the microphone with his hand a few times, and finally hears some loud thumping from the speakers. "There we go. Attention all personnel in the cafet-" - "WOOOEEEEE!". The microphone goes into a feedback loop (7), and Harvey just unplugs it and gives up on that idea. He searches under the scattered debris for more weaponry, but finds nothing (5+1). He ultimately decides to just go to the cafeteria off the lobby himself and confront the food thieves.

"Shit! God damn it!"

Callum Reaney tries again to stack up some furniture. He makes it up to seven feet or so, and he has to climb up onto the first desk to keep building. Unfortunately, this unbalances the stack (3), which comes crashing down on him, causing him to smash against the wall and pinning his left arm under the pile of damaged office furniture.

Sector B:

"Ah, this place. Always loving drama and petty secrecy. Looks like I'm not going to be getting anything else out of this, and that's a problem."

Traber looks around the nearby offices for weapons and/or documents explaining what's going on. He chances upon the Sector B Security Station, which seems to be untouched (12). The very fortunate Traber finds a loaded MB5 SMG and an extra magazine, a GRAS-12 and box of shells, and a watermarked letter from Administration secreted away in a desk drawer:

Attention all security stations,

On March 23, 201█, several important experiments will be performed within Sector █. While the nature of these experiments is not unlike that of previous work we have done, by contract with ███████ █████ we are not allowed to divulge any information on these experiments outside of the top administration and relevant division of the science team.

These potential knowledge to be gained from these experiments is extremely valuable. Therefore, we have significant reason to believe that third parties may attempt to jeopardize the integrity of our contract with ███████ █████ by illegally infiltrating the facility and stealing information on the experiments.

Because of this, the security team has been ordered to increase its watch in all sectors and along all transportation routes within the facility, effective from the dates of March 22-24. Any person without a valid Gray Area ID card is to be seized and taken to the nearest security station immediately.

Thank you for your cooperation,

Grey Area Board of Administrators

Administration:

"My name is Dr. Brenlyn, Mr. Nielsen, not 'old guy who runs the place'. So I suppose you are a technician, then?"
"Yes sir."

Brenlyn successfully begins interrogating Nielsen about the railway, and what just happened (8+1). "Hmm... Mr. Nielsen, would you happen to know whether the train is operating right now?" "I... another technician did call me on the radio to say it was running near Sector E, anyway, but it's late to get here. I was just coming to check up on it". Brenlyn pauses for a moment. "I see. Oh, and do you know what's going on?", he inquires. "I wasn't told about it. I'll bet it was those guys with the particle accelerator. That thing is nothing but trouble".

Sector E:

Dr. Drake searches around the medical center for someone who isn't doing anything. He finds a technician (9) looking over a table, his back turned. "Hello. Do you have any idea what's going on?" The startled technician turns around. His newly visible ID identifies him as "Julian Drummond". "Oh, hi! I'm as lost as you, sorry. But I'm trying to piece it together. See, I'm using this radio here to contact as many of the guards and techs here as I can, and see what they know. I just managed to find another tech right around here, said his name was Thompson something."

Meanwhile, the newly-referenced Riley Thompson puts his radio back on his belt and stands up. The room is sterile white and gray, with nothing but some interior windows and glass doors on two sides and a heavy door labeled "STOREROOM" on another to indicate it is anything but a futuristic prison. He glances down at a tipped cart surrounding by spilled cleaning supplies.

[That's your cue, CubeJackal]

Spoiler: Characters (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: NPCs (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 09:42:50 pm by SealyStar »
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

anailater

• Bay Watcher
  • Because She's Awesome
    • View Profile

"DAMN IT!"
Get that damn furniture off of me!
At best it's a pool of ink thats here for no reason; at worst it's a puddle of hateful alien death penises that want to murder-rape you into chunks.
So how are you today?

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Sealy can you roll 1 dice for me.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

CubeJackal

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOCTURNAL]
    • View Profile

Pick up a spray bottle of all-purpose cleaner - never know when I'll need it. Some soap, too, for good measure. Attempt to right fallen objects and clean spilled fluids out of force of habit. Once finished, speak into radio: "Stay where you are, lads, an' don't touch anythin'. On my way." Proceed to leave and head for the medical centre via the shortest possible route, utilising ventilation shafts and maintenance tunnels if needed.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile

Sealy can you roll 1 dice for me.
Alright. I will make sure to keep that consistent in the future.

Do note that it wouldn't have helped you this time, though - I rolled for the PA first, and that was the one that failed.
I assume it was about cod tendies and an austerity-caused crunch in the supply of good boy points.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh not that. I need it now. Need the number to decide what to do.
Caine's law.
And so, here at the end of days, you are as you’ve always been. Willing to die. Not willing to quit.

Vengeance is mine saith the Lord but this morning. He's going to fucking well have to share.

Is she worth it, would you burn the city to save her? For her, I'd burn the world.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile

Oh not that. I need it now. Need the number to decide what to do.
Oh. Sorry :P

1. Your number is 1.

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( Sorry Anailater your on your own. ))

To the car, convince the other 3 to join me. Sneak to get to it so nothing attacks me.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 05:46:29 pm by Patrick Hunt »
Caine's law.

hops

• Bay Watcher
  • Secretary of Antifa
    • View Profile

"Ah, the particle accelerator. Yes, I was one of the few who advocated against it."

Try to recall what experiments exactly could have caused this and hope that I didn't hit my head too hard. Also ask Andy if his radio is still working, if it is then use it to contact other people on the site to meet up. Strength in number et cetera et cetera.
she/her. (Pronouns vary over time.) The artist formerly known as Objective/Cinder.

One True Polycule with flame99 <3

Execute/Dumbo.exe

• Bay Watcher
  • Never Types So Much As Punches The Keyboard
    • View Profile

(Shiz, didn't see the turn! Sorry.)
"Hmm, well I could have guessed the experiment hasn't turned out well, and at least I'm glad I got these weapons anyway, might want to use them."
look outside into the hallway, anything moving and isn't saying a coherent sentence, shoot it.
He knows how to fix River's tiredness.
Alan help.
IronyOwl   But Kyuubey can more or less be summed up as "You didn't ask."
15:52   IronyOwl   Whereas Dungbeetle is closer to "Fuck you."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

"Hm. That's...unfortunate. Did that Thomson guy seem any more knowledgeable?"

Turn [Number]: [Title]
((Creepy title.))

look outside into the hallway, anything moving and isn't saying a coherent sentence, shoot it.
((Tempted to have Drake wander out into the hallway, mumbling.))
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

SealyStar

• Bay Watcher
  • Gargoyles! Psychics!
    • View Profile

"Hm. That's...unfortunate. Did that Thomson guy seem any more knowledgeable?"

Turn [Number]: [Title]
((Creepy title.))

((Tempted to have Drake wander out into the hallway, mumbling.))
The title is an accident, sorry. It wasn't meant to be creepy. I'll go back and fix it - the template for the post begins like that :P

Also, dammit people. I expected from other RtDs that it'd be a good few days per turn (or, for RtDPC, a good few weeks...). You're driving me to update every six hours at this point!
« Last Edit: November 11, 2013, 09:44:18 pm by SealyStar »

Patrick Hunt

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

(( I say we shoot for every 4 hours from now on.

It's a good thing lol it means the games awesome. ))
Caine's law.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile

The title is an accident, sorry. It wasn't meant to be creepy. I'll go back and fix it - the template for the post begins like that :P
I'd guessed.

Also, dammit people. I expected from other RtDs that it'd be a good few days per turn (or, for RtDPC, a good few weeks...). You're driving me to update every six hours at this point!
Just slow down.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7