Drink the Kool Aid
- 6 (17.1%)
Groovy
- 3 (8.6%)
Insane in the membrane
- 3 (8.6%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 521

Author Topic: Special People: Mechanical Syndrome  (Read 1089214 times)

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
  • Your Friendly Salvation
    • View Profile
Re: Special People: Nothing like the brochure
« Reply #2775 on: October 14, 2014, 07:05:43 pm »

Campaign

All these octopus disagree with my constitution, I'm thinking. Away!

Summon gigantic glass jars just above each octopus thing in turn, hopefully capturing them inside like a spider underneath a cup!

((Sorry for not posting for so long; we had to move houses and it took me a while to get back into Alan's headspace.))
Sig! Onol
Quote from: BFEL
XANTALOS, THE KARATEBOMINATION
Quote from: Toaster
((The Xantalos Die: [1, 1, 1, 6, 6, 6]))

bigjaredmonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace-ace ace-ace of ace-aces
    • View Profile
« Reply #2776 on: October 14, 2014, 09:55:48 pm »

by "summon metal" i mean, "summon metal objects" like a razor sharp sword or a giant anvil for cartoonish squashing.
This is a birch door. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. This object menaces with spikes of chicken leather. This object menaces with spikes of chicken leather. On the item is an image of ravens in birch.
Noob fortress, a succession game for noobs.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=157847.0

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2777 on: October 14, 2014, 10:19:54 pm »

((So like Alan, only with metal items?))
Sig! Onol

bigjaredmonkey

• Bay Watcher
  • The Ace-ace ace-ace of ace-aces
    • View Profile
« Reply #2778 on: October 14, 2014, 10:24:41 pm »

eh pretty much, haven't been paying attention that much.
This is a birch door. All craftsdwarfship is of the highest quality. This object menaces with spikes of chicken leather. This object menaces with spikes of chicken leather. On the item is an image of ravens in birch.
Noob fortress, a succession game for noobs.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=157847.0

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2779 on: October 14, 2014, 10:34:21 pm »

eh pretty much, haven't been paying attention that much.
((You'll be our third item summoner, though you each have different rules. Alan summons household stuff. John summons technology. and you'll be summoning metal.))
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2780 on: October 14, 2014, 10:43:35 pm »

((Fourth, as Saevus can summon medieval weapons.))
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Salsacookies

• Bay Watcher
  • PRAISE THE CHUNKS!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2781 on: October 15, 2014, 04:55:48 am »

Survival

I will take the burning car and throw it into a house. I will then grab the gun and check if it has ammo. Last, I will look into the house I threw the car into for possible ammo and medical goods, along with completely pillaging it for other goodies

(Is there anybody else who has super strength and/or toughness, or am I the first?)
« Last Edit: October 15, 2014, 04:57:35 am by Salsacookies »
Yep, the sig is here
Whoops. Well, shit. Typical salsacookies.
I don't need my cavities checked. I just went to the dentist! Ba-dum-tiss.
I am a Christian

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2782 on: October 15, 2014, 07:42:02 am »

((Fniff's character Jordan can trigger a super-adrenaline rush.))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Parisbre56

• Bay Watcher
  • I can haz skullz?
    • View Profile
    • parisbre56 Discord
« Reply #2783 on: October 15, 2014, 08:18:01 am »

Campaign

Always - Amon Tobin
Campaign

Commit all power to aid River/Irine!
Also give Irine a hug.

((Sorry, sickness got me. Prior to that, RL got me. Both are not respective in order of occurrence to each other))
You join Irene and River in a sort of group hug.

((Eh, we're almost done here anyway, we'll have the team decide where to go next soon.))

Irine, Campaign

((Sorry Paris about having 2 posts to respond too. the thoughts in the first one and this one occur in parallel btw.))
((No need to apologize.))
Irine, Campaign

Devour...
Another part of what Entities are?
I miss home...
Focus on the shards of the attack that broke this place, and attempt to reassemble them into the whole they once formed.
Putting the pieces back together is a lot harder. There is nothing telling you where each piece should go. It looks like a job that would take a lot of observation and trial and error. Thankfully, he seems to be capable of guessing the correct combinations most of the time. They feel vaguely familiar, like they are similar to something else he's seen before.

Something touches you.
Surprise.
He opens his eyes and turns his head, ready to fight. That's disorienting. You're seeing two things at once.
It's Theri. She's hugging you.
Relief. Affection.
He exhales and closes his eyes again, feeling a lot more relaxed. He starts thinking about Theri and what she told him, his thoughts getting influenced by yours.
I have to do something.
If all had gone well, I would have time. I could had talked to them. Away from the others.
I need to talk to them. I need to let them talk to me. I need to let Irene talk to me.
We should not be wary of each other. This was supposed to be something fun.
I will not run away from my fears.

The shape of the foreign module starts getting clearer. It's quite large, its reconstruction is far from over. And it's very organic, lacking symmetry or structure. Yet there are parts he recognizes. In fact, this all feels very familiar to him, despite the fact that he can't figure out what it does. Probably due to the fact that it is not attached to anything that can make it react and "pulse", like the other modules.
That final piece... Yes, he's certain he's seen something like that before.
That is...
There's a spike of surprise. Disbelief.
That is... like me.
Fear. Panic.
No. No, I cannot-
The link between you breaks.
A moment later he pulls your hands away from the rods. Not that it was really necessary. You can't understand them without him anyway.

He's pacing around aimlessly. Showing his teeth to no one in particular. Growling slightly.
After a few seconds he approaches you again and attempts to grab you and force you to look at him.
"Say nothing of what you saw." he growls at you.
"The can not know about this, they-"
He falters and grabs a rod to support himself, as if he just remembered that he was tired.
"Go help the others." he continues more quietly. "Make sure Zechariah's wounds are fine."
"I will finish this. It will not take long."

Campaign
Damnit Nikolai, this is not the right time for a nap.
Wake up and tsar slash the octopus.

You slip further into unconsciousness.

((I'm starting to regret not keeping my rolls somewhere, because I get the feeling that if I kept statistics of yours and Xantalos' rolls, I'd find a lot more 6s and 1s than anyone else's.))

Campaign, Ike!

Spoiler: IkeNotes (click to show/hide)

Knife at least one of those pesky octopodes in the center of mass via tricky footwork!
Dammit Art- wait, I can't blame Artemis for this. I'm pretty sure that he doesn't have anything to do with yellow octopi..

Still, DAMMIT ARTEMIS!

Get myself into a defensive stance and keep my crystal-bladed staff at the ready. If I receive another attack, use my staff to defend myself. If not, use the shadows to try and wrap the octopi down and keep them pinned.
Campaign

Summon gigantic glass jars just above each octopus thing in turn, hopefully capturing them inside like a spider underneath a cup!

((Sorry for not posting for so long; we had to move houses and it took me a while to get back into Alan's headspace.))
((No problem. Although getting into Alan's headspace sounds dangerous.
Oh, but you can only summon things near you or launch them. So...))

The creature attacking Zechariah once again tries to grab him with its tentacles and once again Zechariah is ready for them, batting them aside with his staff to create an opening. He then stabs the creature at its heart with the tip of the staff, raising it in the air. In a fit of bloodlust, he causes light blades to erupt from the top of his weapon, causing the creature's heart to break apart into chunks and blood that spray the area around him and multicoloured orbs of light that fly away, going through the ceiling.

The creature that was attacking Ike and Nikolai now focuses completely on Ike, pressing the attack, pinning him to the floor and pummelling him with its tentacles. That might have broken a rib. And it's definitely going to hurt like hell tomorrow.
Ike doesn't need to look to know what that means. He immediately uses every ounce of strength he has left to roll to the side and try to get as far away from the creature pinning him as he can as quickly as possible. A moment later, the creature is swept away by a giant jar. The shock of the impact helps free Ike from the last of the tentacles and causes him to roll forward a few metres. He remains mostly unhurt, quite unlike the creature, which is now a barely visible yellow splatter on the south wall, mixed with chunky body parts and broken glass.

Nikolai finally wakes up and looks around. Huh. Looks like someone started painting the place yellow.

The door leading outside opens again. You can see humanoid shapes in the dim green back-light, walking forward quickly despite how deformed they appear. Two of them cross the threshold. And then the rest, the ones still outside, disappear in a fizzle of light. The two humanoids keep walking forward, not caring too much about the disappearance of the others. Or the fact that there is something yellow dripping on them from above the entrance.

They can see a reflection extending from one's hand. Some kind of blade.

Map: http://i896.photobucket.com/albums/ac165/parisbre56/map10_zps7a44fd10.png
River (NPC) -> Black
Theri (Tiruin) -> Turquoise
Irene (Lenglon) -> Orange
Zechariah (DarkArtemisFowl) -> Light turquoise
Ike (Harry Baldman) -> Pink
Alan (Xantalos) -> Red
Nikolai (NAV) -> Green
Humanoid -> Yellow with Red
Sword wielding humanoid -> Yellow with Light turquoise

OOC
Overshoots + Superpowers = Gore
Actually made a bunch of combat rolls but everyone (literally everyone) missed and failed to wake up so I decided I should keep rolling until something happened.
Plus, it helps advance things faster.

Map later because I can't get the thing to work right now for some reason. But everyone is close to where they were, except for Ike who's a bit closer to the entrance, but not enough to matter. The two new arrivals that you can't see clearly are right next to the entrance.
« Last Edit: October 17, 2014, 04:51:58 pm by Parisbre56 »

Harry Baldman

• Bay Watcher
  • What do I care for your suffering?
    • View Profile
« Reply #2784 on: October 15, 2014, 08:26:53 am »

Campaign, Ike!

Spoiler: IkeNotes (click to show/hide)

Throw some goop on the two humanoids and try to circle out of their immediate way a bit. Do they seem to notice me? What do they smell like, if I can tell? Any ambient sounds they make?

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #2785 on: October 15, 2014, 08:35:28 am »

((Alan saves the day again!))
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Lenglon

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone cries, the question is what follows it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2786 on: October 15, 2014, 09:18:09 am »

Irine, Campaign

I need to remember that. There must be a reason he wants it secret.
Go to the main hallway and check on Zech.

Upon entereing the main hallway and seeing the yellow splatter and humanoid visitors:
"Um, what's going on?"

upon being informed directly or indirectly about imminent combat, I use my first flame generation charge and send a flame sphere over near the entrance to harass our visitors and light them up for everyone to see clearly. keep it intact for now, actively make sure that I keep a strong flame charge avilable, at the cost of effectiveness of attack if necessary. for now anyway.
((I don't think heating something that is right above us to a ridiculous degree is very smart. Worst case scenario we become +metal statues+. This is a finely crafted metal statue. It is encrusted with sharkmist and HMRC. On the item is an image of HMRC and Pancaek. Pancaek is laughing. The HMRC is melting. The artwork relates to the encasing of the HMRC in metal by Pancaek during the Mission of Many People.))

NAV

• Bay Watcher
  • I have an idea!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2787 on: October 15, 2014, 11:37:04 am »

Nikolai: Campaign
"I missed the fight? Damn.
Does anyone know first aid?"

Limp/crawl backwards. Sling a boulder at the mysterious humanoids at the first sign of hostility.

And loot a shard of glass from the ground because kleptomania hoarding resourcefulness.
« Last Edit: October 16, 2014, 11:32:46 pm by NAV »
Highmax…dead, flesh torn from him, though his skill with the sword was unmatched…military…Nearly destroyed .. Rhunorah... dead... Mastahcheese returns...dead. Gaul...alive, still locked in combat. NAV...Alive, drinking booze....
The face on the toaster does not look like one of mercy.

Xantalos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2788 on: October 15, 2014, 03:22:43 pm »

Campaign

You two saw that, right? That rude octopus dripped on you. You're going to have to wash before you do anything else. Here, I'll help you.

Fire bathtubs at the two humanoids!
Sig! Onol

Alarith

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2789 on: October 15, 2014, 07:04:27 pm »

Survival
Follow the reasonable fellows orders, be on guard though.
That's why you should always wear a seatbelt kids! You never know when a telekinetic assassin is going to cause your car to crash! Safety first!
Pages: 1 ... 184 185 [186] 187 188 ... 521