Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This isn't an update. This isn't an update at all!

Patience, young Padawan
- 24 (9.5%)
Bribe lazy owls
- 28 (11.1%)
Prod lazy owls
- 25 (9.9%)
Beat lazy owls
- 25 (9.9%)
Savagely beat lazy owls
- 33 (13.1%)
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
- 66 (26.2%)
Abandon thread
- 18 (7.1%)
Get our own LP, with blackjack and hookers!
- 33 (13.1%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 179

Author Topic: Expendable Princess [Week 12: Hoops]  (Read 267132 times)

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
Re: Expendable Princess [Week 3 Continued: Salvation]
« Reply #75 on: November 14, 2013, 10:38:46 pm »

Why isn't there an option for self study? I mean I'm a lazy shit but if I was almost ASSASSINATED I might, you know, take some self defence practice or something. :P
She'd burn out, man! You can't just study all day every day and expect to keep your edge.

E: We should totes make it a goal to try and set the dude up for a rebound with our pet witch, at least once we've learned her ways and can prevent any unfortunate replacement heirs from appearing. He's already confirmed to like witches, so I figure, why not?
I'm liking this plan.

Let's put it this way if the princess dies with no designated heir, the crown will most likely fall upon her father by default.
Actually, according to the blurb-things his brother-in-law is next in line, with Lady Merva the Snakebit after him. Presumably the crown has to pass by blood, not just marriage.

In related news, I'm counting 3 for Papa, 3 for Mama, and one for actually doing our job.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

TwilightWalker

• Bay Watcher
  • Oops.
    • View Profile
Re: Expendable Princess [Week 3: SUDDENLY NOT AFTER ALL]
« Reply #76 on: November 15, 2013, 12:31:37 am »

And on that note, i vote princess 2 be named Belladonna.
HA! Joke's on you, Axespendable's still alive!

Still alive...for now.

On that note, my vote is to visit Papa, to break the tie. I'd really prefer visiting the dungeons, but, meh.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: November 15, 2013, 03:13:01 am »

Also vote for visiting Papa.  Maybe he has the gem thingy.

birdy51

• Bay Watcher
  • Always be Beeping
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: November 15, 2013, 09:27:43 am »

Talk to Father.
BIRDS.

Also started a Let's Play, Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelists of the Roses

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: November 15, 2013, 10:22:46 pm »

Weekend 3: No

I get the feeling this is a much more cheerful conversation for Axespendable than for Papa.

A bit more blunt than I was expecting, but the message is hardly a surprise.

Really Axie? That's your pout face?

Meddling with magic made our mother STRONG!

I assume. Also maybe we should at least produce an heir first.

Does nobody else see rank disaster coming from treating someone like a child right up until you make them a despot?

So, what'll it be this week?

Other than "fewer vipers, hopefully."
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
Re: Expendable Princess [Weekend 3: No]
« Reply #80 on: November 15, 2013, 10:32:38 pm »

Something from the mediation school, methinks. Mediation sounds good. No clue what to do after that.

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: November 15, 2013, 10:57:24 pm »

No, visit the tombs. Play it safe. And besides, Afraid is one of the better mood modifiers (although Pressured is my favourite).
Personally I'm a big fan of yielding.

Also, awesome game, I've sunk well over 10 hours into it and like 30 or so attempts and have so far only managed to complete the game once (around attempt 17). Even after the game's done the first time it still has a fair bit of replayability, and I've yet to uncover all the different story paths yet.

That said I vote for court manners and reflexes.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 11:00:49 pm by i2amroy »
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Neonivek

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: November 15, 2013, 10:59:57 pm »

No, visit the tombs. Play it safe. And besides, Afraid is one of the better mood modifiers (although Pressured is my favourite).

Also, awesome game, I've sunk well over 10 hours into it and like 30 or so attempts and have so far only managed to complete the game once (around attempt 17). Even after the game's done the first time it still has a fair bit of replayability, and I've yet to uncover all the different story paths yet.

Ohh there are ways... but you practically have to be trying to do it.

Actually there are quite a few deaths that I'd put under "You just wanted to see the death didn't you?"
« Last Edit: November 15, 2013, 11:07:23 pm by Neonivek »

i2amroy

• Bay Watcher
  • Cats, ruling the world one dwarf at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: November 15, 2013, 11:13:14 pm »

Well you do unlock a variety of achievements and decorative doilies for dying in new and interesting ways after all...
Quote from: PTTG
It would be brutally difficult and probably won't work. In other words, it's absolutely dwarven!
Cataclysm: Dark Days Ahead - A fun zombie survival rougelike that I'm dev-ing for.

Zorgn

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: November 15, 2013, 11:26:31 pm »

Divination and reflexes. Being able to see the future and dodge sounds like an excellent way to avoid getting stabbed to death.

JackOSpades

• Bay Watcher
  • Lurker Supreme
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: November 16, 2013, 04:43:08 am »

Reflexes, and if we're intent on making a magic girl Lore might be a Good Idea so we at least know what kinds of forces we should not mettle with.

EuchreJack

• Bay Watcher
  • Lord of Norderland - Lv 20 SKOOKUM ROC
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: November 16, 2013, 06:47:33 am »

Divination and reflexes. Being able to see the future and dodge sounds like an excellent way to avoid getting stabbed to death.

Agreed.

Plus, divination will give us a bonus when researching Lumen skills later.

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: November 16, 2013, 11:37:38 am »

[/quote]

I like yielding as well. Is the only mood that give a boost to royal demeanor, wich is a really nice tree, with a lot of uses. Also, the dress is fabulous.
I actually won in my second attempt. In the first i died just at the end.
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: November 16, 2013, 12:52:25 pm »

Week 4: Qualifications

As if losing our mother and then sort of our friend wasn't enough, we now officially know that the gods suck.

Haha! We have advanced from skipping rope to solo tennis.

Aw yeah.

Though this doesn't say very flattering things about our athletic ability prior to this.

You smile while saying the weirdest things.

That's a funny way to spell "potential assassins."

Well that's not ominous.

I hereby declare this the theme song of Charlotte's mother.

Same options as last time, plus sports: All the rage of visiting a dungeon, but with none of the insolence!

Calech

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Expendable Princess [Week 4: Qualifications]
« Reply #89 on: November 16, 2013, 01:50:00 pm »

So he won't fork over the crystal, then. Oh well. Maybe if Julianna's as magical as she claims she can sense where it is or something? Might be worth a try, since time's wasting if we want to be able to immolate potential assassins with magical fire and stuff.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7 8 ... 179