Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

This isn't an update. This isn't an update at all!

Patience, young Padawan
- 24 (9.5%)
Bribe lazy owls
- 28 (11.1%)
Prod lazy owls
- 25 (9.9%)
Beat lazy owls
- 25 (9.9%)
Savagely beat lazy owls
- 33 (13.1%)
ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ RIOT ヽ༼ຈل͜ຈ༽ノ
- 66 (26.2%)
Abandon thread
- 18 (7.1%)
Get our own LP, with blackjack and hookers!
- 33 (13.1%)

Total Members Voted: 84

Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 179

Author Topic: Expendable Princess [Week 12: Hoops]  (Read 268306 times)

Broken

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Expendable Princess [Week 5: How Things Work]
« Reply #1890 on: March 18, 2014, 01:43:15 pm »

Wear it. Tanavast has armies. We will need them
In a hole in the ground there lived a dwarf. Not a nasty, dirty, wet hole, filled with the ends of worms and an oozy smell, nor yet a dry, bare, sandy hole with nothing in it to sit down on or to eat: it was a dwarf fortress, and that means magma.
Dwarf fortress: Tales of terror and inevitability

Singularity125

• Bay Watcher
  • [GAMING INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1891 on: March 18, 2014, 01:55:26 pm »

Don't wear it. Hopefully when the duke comes by, if we keep going along this current path, we will be able to let him down... gently. As opposed to last time, which I'm pretty sure was a nightmare. Anyway, we don't want to marry that creep, do we? :P

Taricus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1892 on: March 18, 2014, 02:01:17 pm »

Wear it. Tanavast has armies. We will need them
*GASP* BLASPHEMER!
Quote from: evictedSaint
We sided with the holocaust for a fucking +1 roll

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1893 on: March 18, 2014, 02:09:46 pm »

Okay, a note on long term strategy.

Things unlikely to change in the near future:

Week 8, we get an offer to do the printing press. This is a check versus production and trade (I believe, just going by my previous post here).

Week 9 is when we get approached about the foreign Ixionite incursion. We have a foreign affairs check there, and maybe more we don't know about.

We know there is a foreign affairs check on the Ixion occupation of Imbrium, in Maree, and we'll be approached by Duke Banion about the issue. This is what we knew last time after failing our foreign affairs check.

There was another check, a military one, that we passed, but we can't be sure what it did exactly. Either way, we were then presented with an option:

War or Negotiate

I presume this time we'll be attempting to negotiate, so we'll be wanting relevant skills for that.

Composure, Presence, Flattery, Foreign Affairs, Foreign Intelligence, and Internal Affairs all seem like they could possible come in useful during negotiations. (Internal Affairs mostly to minimize any internal impact our decisions might have)

Now, sometimes I feel I'm the only one who actually bothers to read what we learn in our weekly lessons, but I'm guessing we might want to try for foreign affairs until we learn something useful about this area of our country, and then switch to one or more of the other options.

We get a bonus to History so long as we stay yielding, and a bonus to our regal queen-like skills. So we'll obviously want to make use of those. We'd need to get willful for intrigue, so that... probably isn't happening right now, unless we specifically intend on switching to it soon and prepare appropriately.

But getting lonely for the boost to Flattery is doable.

So I'm thinking this week we do Foreign Affairs/Presence again. See if we seem to get any info relevant to our coming foreign affairs check. If we don't, we repeat the week after with Foreign Affairs and Composure, and then we switch moods to whatever other skill we agree on and double slam it before the event.

Sound good?

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #1894 on: March 18, 2014, 02:18:00 pm »

Sounds good to me.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1895 on: March 18, 2014, 02:19:42 pm »

Logical and reasonable.  Do you know when the next Divination check was?

Also, we should weekend to balance out our mood as much as possible, ideally three zeros and one point in the direction we want.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1896 on: March 18, 2014, 02:24:18 pm »

Not neccessarily. A balance mood isn't nearly as good as people believe it is - a great many events alter a single mood up or down a point, and many of our mood altering options alter more than one mood - meaning that the close we are to neutral, the more likely we are to get a mood we don't want, and since most actions move multiple moods by a single point, we won't even have the benefit of easily getting to the one we do most of the time. Usually, we'll want to be switching between two moods or staying in one - that means keeping the things we WANT around two to three points off center, while keeping everything ELSE as close to neutral as possible.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1897 on: March 18, 2014, 02:28:20 pm »

Hm.  Good point.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

RAM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1898 on: March 18, 2014, 03:19:12 pm »

Wearing it implies some form of relationship involving gift-giving. If we wear it , then everyone will think that the gift-giving role is filled. As an astute and generous monarch we must be aware of the state of the nation's people. You can tell a lot about someone by the gifts that they send, so it is our royal duty to encourage as many gifts as possible. Therefore, do not wear the jewellery.
Vote (1) for the Urist scale!
I shall be eternally happy. I shall be able to construct elf hunting giant mecha. Which can pour magma.
Urist has been forced to use a friend as fertilizer lately.
Read the First Post!

Sheb

• Bay Watcher
  • You Are An Avatar
    • View Profile
« Reply #1899 on: March 18, 2014, 03:41:48 pm »

Yeah, because if we keep getting gifts, we might get something awesome like chocolate...

Quote from: Paul-Henry Spaak
Europe consists only of small countries, some of which know it and some of which don’t yet.

Urist Imiknorris

• Bay Watcher
  • In the flesh, on the phone and in your account...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1900 on: March 18, 2014, 04:06:00 pm »

I'm wondering exactly what happens with a completely neutral mood.
Quote from: LordSlowpoke
I don't know how it works. It does.
Quote from: Jim Groovester
YOU CANT NOT HAVE SUSPECTS IN A GAME OF MAFIA

ITS THE WHOLE POINT OF THE GAME
Quote from: Cheeetar
If Tiruin redirected the lynch, then this means that, and... the Illuminati! Of course!

GlyphGryph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1901 on: March 18, 2014, 04:15:29 pm »

Yeah, because if we keep getting gifts, we might get something awesome like chocolate...

That would be great!
Le chocolat est bonne.
Bellodie aime du chocolat.
Chocolate is her favorite.

Karlito

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1902 on: March 18, 2014, 06:11:51 pm »

I'm wondering exactly what happens with a completely neutral mood.

No mood-bonuses or penalties to any skills, which is exactly what one would expect.
This sentence contains exactly threee erors.

Blaze

• Bay Watcher
  • The Chaos that Crawls up on you with a Smile.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1903 on: March 18, 2014, 10:10:20 pm »

IIRC there will always be one mood active. If all moods tie then one has a priority over the others.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #1904 on: March 18, 2014, 10:29:34 pm »

Week 5 Continued: The Right Thing

Don't Wear 12
Sell It 3
Hurl It Into The Fires, Isildor! 2
No, It's Ourses Now 2
Wear It 2

But it's shiiiiiinyyyyyy

Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 125 126 [127] 128 129 ... 179