Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 55

Author Topic: Paranormal 23 - Game Over!  (Read 137254 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 23 - Day 3 brings death and release
« Reply #735 on: December 23, 2013, 02:28:06 pm »

Tiruin:  What is wrong with scumhunting by negation?  If there were five people and you thought four of them were town, wouldn't you be going after the last one?
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: December 23, 2013, 02:35:11 pm »

Read. BACK. I said my case about that EARLY TODAY.

Its in the walls of text. I hope that it'll explain EVERYTHING.

IF there's still time, I'll just like to incriminate myself by bringing up everything that nobody else is doing later on.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: December 23, 2013, 03:06:44 pm »

Link, quote, or bullet point?  Because you have lots of walls of text.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #738 on: December 23, 2013, 03:09:34 pm »

Well that'll help digest the information, yes? Basically I'm tired of the labels and I'm tired of making my own summaries when it'll just be missed. Apologies for my rudeness before and now--but I've to ask you to look back in all its entirety to form your own judgement (I'm very bitter about this process of elimination by the way. While I've no defense on it other than asking you to question yourself and your judgement on how it really puts on, and how credible that process is in itself, I can only point so far that ears may listen and eyes may see.)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: December 23, 2013, 03:35:27 pm »

And that's why I said sorry- because it comes up through nothing you've done.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
  • [PREFSTRING:comforting whirs]
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: December 23, 2013, 03:40:35 pm »

Tiruin also fakeclaimed... If we stack up all the chips (or ducks, piles of money, whatever we have to hand) most of them end up at Tiruin's door.  :/ It's a wide margin between that and anyone else standing out as scum, to the point that I wouldn't be able to stack people from scummy to least scummy in any meaningful way beyond Tiruin---> Everyone else ---> me, jim

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: December 23, 2013, 03:46:55 pm »

Tiruin also fakeclaimed... If we stack up all the chips (or ducks, piles of money, whatever we have to hand) most of them end up at Tiruin's door.  :/ It's a wide margin between that and anyone else standing out as scum, to the point that I wouldn't be able to stack people from scummy to least scummy in any meaningful way beyond Tiruin---> Everyone else ---> me, jim
Then why don't you stack them up?
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: December 23, 2013, 04:21:19 pm »

Toaster: Why did you target Persus?

Because I thought he might be scum.

And what was your opinion of Persus13's last minute actions at the end of Day 2, and how did this factor into your decision to investigate him?
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #743 on: December 23, 2013, 05:03:52 pm »

Then why don't you stack them up?

Hard to get anything 100% right by this point since we don't have enough info to go on, so I'm just going by likelihood. I guess I *can* list from most to least scummy, but the margin of difference is a lot less between the last 3-4 suspects.

SBC - fakeclaimed, then cult alien hivemind, needs to die
Tiruin - protected imp both in word and action, fakeclaimed, very defensive and numerous walls of text, unnaturally worried at being lynched despite the good position of town currently
Toaster - quiet, but can't find any fault. i guess he could be scum, maybe.
Persus13 - has been read as town by toaster, which increases his chances to be town (unless dopp leader)
makeinu - DarkStar targeted him in words, was the instigator of Day2 Imp-lynching shenanigans, solid scum-hunting all game
Jim - town
Caz - town

I think I missed someone. Did I miss someone? Oh jeez. Damn you christmas festivities :'(

Persus
Depending on what happens this night, the rankings could change. Atm I don't see a better lynch than Tiruin. If you're convinced she's town, who is your alternative suspect?

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: December 23, 2013, 07:54:39 pm »

The Whiteboard
makeinu: Persus13
Superblackcat: Caz, Jim Groovester, makeinu, ToonyMan, Toaster
Toaster: Tiruin

The discussion rages on, but eventually you decide that most of you are firm in your decision to lynch Superblackcat today.

He's quiet and subdued. When Caz lifts up the pistol he speaks, quietly. "I considered slipping out when you were all talking about who to lynch tomorrow. But, it's a ship. Where would I go? So I stayed, knowing you are going to kill me. I suppose that's what I get." He stands up, Caz steps back a little and raises the gun. "I should have you know, I'm not a hivemind after all." His face splits in a grin. A grin that becomes horrible as his features melt away and his teeth grow long and pointed. He reaches out to slash Caz, but her reflexes are good. Bullet after bullet slams into the Doppelganger. She keeps firing, even after the gun is out of bullets. Jim eventually puts a hand on her shoulder.

"He's dead, Caz. Let it go."

Her shoulders slump as the tension drains out of her. Looking down, you can see that Superblackcat is a bit different. More...human looking, despite the lack of features. He was probably the Doppelganger Leader.

Jim turns to look at all of you. "I...want to apologize for disguising myself. I've been looking for somewhere that I could belong for quite a while now. I...I think I've found it." He turns to Caz "I know I've taken things from you that I cannot replace, but know that doing so has brought me closer to your kind than I ever imagined. I cannot restore what I took, but I promise to do what I can to repay this debt."

"Ok, yeah, great." Says Toaster. "How about helping us fix this ship so we can all go home?"

And that's that. Nearly a perfect victory for town, with only the Assassination of RangerCado to mar things at all.

All in all not too bad. Some replacements and lurking, a bit short, and I'd have liked to have seen a tenser situation for the Mind Stealer to work in, but hopefully people had fun despite all of that.

Dopp Chat
Dead Chat

Spoiler: Role PMs (click to show/hide)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Mephansteras

• Bay Watcher
  • Forger of Civilizations
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: December 23, 2013, 07:56:34 pm »

Spoiler: Night 1 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Night 2 (click to show/hide)
Civilization Forge Mod v2.80: Adding in new races, equipment, animals, plants, metals, etc. Now with Alchemy and Libraries! Variety to spice up DF! (For DF 0.34.10)
Come play Mafia with us!
"Let us maintain our chill composure." - Toady One

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Paranormal 23 - Game Over!
« Reply #746 on: December 23, 2013, 07:58:55 pm »

Woah. Damn. Good game everyone. Sorry Tiruin.  :-X

I... still don't know why SBC bothered to claim hivemind though. Boggles the mind, it does.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: December 23, 2013, 08:12:35 pm »

Called it.

I'd been suspicious of SBC being a dopp since he voted me. His silence and lie about converting RangerCado brought my suspicions of that eventuality back up.

Good Game all.

I got to say thanks to Makeinu. PMs really make this game more interesting, and I enjoyed working with Tiruin and people.
Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: December 23, 2013, 08:16:23 pm »

I also was right that Tiruin was Town. Being right about Tiruin's alignment is a fist and something I'm pretty excited about.

Max, if you read this, you may want to change your scum strategy D1.

Imp, did you switch to DarkStar to prevent a Max lynch?
Sigtext

Caz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: December 23, 2013, 08:21:20 pm »

I was getting a little unsure of Tiruin too, but just couldn't see who the scum *could* be if not Tiruin. Toaster was 2nd after that, but unless something definite happened in the night I was still gonna vote to lynch Tiruin. Didn't really cross my mind at all that SBC could be the last dopp. Scum claiming cult is something I've never seen before... O_o
Pages: 1 ... 48 49 [50] 51 52 ... 55