Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 109

Author Topic: Hearthstone TCG - And the card goes wild! Goodnight Doctor Boom.  (Read 153513 times)

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
Re: Hearthstone TCG - And the card goes wild! Goodnight Doctor Boom.
« Reply #945 on: August 12, 2016, 11:58:37 am »

Do you mean horseshit in a good way or a bad way? Because I quite enjoyed the minecart ride. Actually quite funnily, my thoughts on completing the wing was basically "The chess game was pretty okay. Not as fun as the minecart ride, but okay."

I hated the troggcart. Seemed like just often enough the "strategy" was "did I draw the board clear combo? If no, lose."

It was also one of the first things I did when I started playing, so I could have just been bad, but I haven't touched it since to find out. I did like the escape with all the traps in it, though.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #946 on: August 12, 2016, 02:00:48 pm »

I managed the mine cart escape first time. Thought it was a really neat idea to encapsulate the spirit of only being able to get so much done in a given time.

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Wiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #947 on: August 13, 2016, 11:45:50 am »

I've enjoyed the new adventure so far, especially the free battle with Malchezar and Medivh.

Something odd seems to be going on with the quest system though. The dominance (60g, 5 wins) quests seem to be gone. I've mostly been getting 40g quests. On the Hearthstone subreddit people have been noticing the same thing, apparently the only 60g quest people are getting is the tavern brawl one.

I hope it's an error, I'm trying to save up enough gold to get the wings as they come out and only getting 40g quests is going to slow that process down...

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #948 on: August 13, 2016, 11:56:13 am »

Blizzard recently said they were considering reducing the occurance rate of "Win X times" quests. I think they may have goofed and totally nuked them on accident instead of making them less common.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #949 on: August 13, 2016, 12:10:14 pm »

Blizzard recently said they were considering reducing the occurance rate of "Win X times" quests. I think they may have goofed and totally nuked them on accident instead of making them less common.

Honestly, I didn't like the dominance quests except in brawl, but I did like being able to brawl with classes I have shitall cards for, just to do something different and get more gold. I don't remember seeing people ever complain about the dominance quests being un-fun....
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #950 on: August 13, 2016, 01:11:47 pm »

I kinda' don't like the dominance quests, because sometimes something like 'Rogue or Hunter' comes up, and I don't really have the cards to play either class effectively.

Partly my fault though. And I could always reroll.

penguinofhonor

• Bay Watcher
  • Minister of Love
    • View Profile
« Reply #951 on: August 13, 2016, 03:46:20 pm »

I don't think the dominance quests are actively bad, just boring. I've had plenty of games, wins and losses, where trying to beat one of the gameplay quests has added some fun strategy beyond just winning. The "Win X games" quests just give me extra rewards for something I'm already trying to do.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #952 on: August 14, 2016, 06:10:58 am »

I quite like what they've done with the Karazhan expansion. The art style is a refreshing change, I appreciate the fact that the loopy comedy is actually supported by the material, and party Medivh is amazing.

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #953 on: August 14, 2016, 06:09:09 pm »

The single player content from the first wing was super good. Heroic Chess was particularly fun.

forsaken1111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • TTB Twitch
« Reply #954 on: August 14, 2016, 06:11:49 pm »

Yep. I earned another 700 gold so I bought the first wing. The chess event was pretty unique. The class challenges weren't.. uh... very challenging

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #955 on: August 14, 2016, 07:16:33 pm »

The class challenges usually aren't that bad, but the priest one being scripted to suicide itself helped out some.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #956 on: August 14, 2016, 07:18:44 pm »

The class challenges usually aren't that bad, but the priest one being scripted to suicide itself helped out some.

Self silence priest confirmed, just look how bad the AI does it against it. OP. Ben Brode confirmed for basically Jesus+Nostradamus combined with priest being his... Priests.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #957 on: August 14, 2016, 07:19:31 pm »

If there were some way to force a human opponent to make the worst possible trades, priest would be a viable class again!

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #958 on: August 14, 2016, 07:20:49 pm »

Card Text: You play your opponent's turns for them.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #959 on: August 14, 2016, 08:02:11 pm »

Card Text: You play your opponent's turns for them.
new brawl when
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 62 63 [64] 65 66 ... 109