Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 109

Author Topic: Hearthstone TCG - And the card goes wild! Goodnight Doctor Boom.  (Read 153571 times)

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Hearthstone TCG - And the card goes wild! Goodnight Doctor Boom.
« Reply #1140 on: October 18, 2016, 03:35:36 am »

I think you guys are being unreasonably upset about this. Blizzard's trying a new thing, and it doesn't really come at any cost, except you get 1 fewer free packs for a week and a quest that's obnoxious because you can't do it. You need a 63% win rate for it to pay off, which is definitely reasonably because this is the entire player pool, not just legend skilled players.

Unreasonably? Idk, maybe, although maybe you think we're more upset then we are as well. I'd certainly say I stand by my statements on this, that it's sorta like a crappier arena, and a terrible idea, at least from my perspective (obviously from a monetary prospective, it's probably better for them.) Tavern brawl is certainly a large part, maybe even a majority, of my hearthstone enjoyment, killing it for a week (and probably if this is successful killing it many times in the future) is certainly killing my future interest in hearthstone.

I'm less upset, and more disappointed that this is strangling, at least for a week, what I like about hearthstone.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2016, 03:38:10 am by Criptfeind »

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1141 on: October 18, 2016, 01:16:31 pm »

I think you guys are being unreasonably upset about this. Blizzard's trying a new thing, and it doesn't really come at any cost, except you get 1 fewer free packs for a week and a quest that's obnoxious because you can't do it. You need a 63% win rate for it to pay off, which is definitely reasonably because this is the entire player pool, not just legend skilled players.
It's not the entire player pool, it's just the players who can afford to bet 1000 gold on terrible odds (you lose about 300 gold per run on average - compare to arena where you gain gold every run and are risking a lot less). Which I'd imagine is actually an extremely experienced set of players.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
  • Iron within, iron without.
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1142 on: October 27, 2016, 01:36:58 pm »

Well, how long do you guys reckon until we see a new Brawl? Preferably one that doesn't combine putting me to sleep with incredible randomness...

In an unusual turn of events, I'm having a lot more fun playing fast/aggressive decks than anything else. I can play a bunch of games in a row without feeling like I'm spending all my time waiting, or getting salty because I've been playing for ages only to lose to a spot of bad play (or sometimes luck).

Also if I'm playing Face Hunter I can justify it to myself as me just being playing practically a meme deck. :P

I am on Discord as Arx#2415.
Hail to the mind of man! / Fire in the sky
I've been waiting for you / On this day we die.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
  • Exploding me won't bring back your honey.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1143 on: October 27, 2016, 04:25:13 pm »

Recent history indicates there's a non-random brawl every 3 months. Ish.

But you can look forward to paying 1000 gold to play ladder matches soontm!

I haven't been motivated to play since they put the new quests in. Fill a deck with 30 2-cost cards or less, then lose as slowly as possible. Just feels like an unpleasant waste.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.
So if baseless speculation is all we have, we might as well treat it like fact.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1144 on: October 27, 2016, 04:44:54 pm »

I haven't been motivated to play since they put the new quests in. Fill a deck with 30 2-cost cards or less, then lose as slowly as possible. Just feels like an unpleasant waste.

I've not played in two weeks for one reason or another, so maybe I'm missing something. But if you're referring to the play only two or lower cost minion quests I'm fairly sure that quest has been in the game... Uh. Forever.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1145 on: October 27, 2016, 05:32:05 pm »

I've not played in two weeks for one reason or another, so maybe I'm missing something. But if you're referring to the play only two or lower cost minion quests I'm fairly sure that quest has been in the game... Uh. Forever.

Patch last week added a couple dozen new quests including suchlike "play 50 mage cards" and "play 75 murlocs". It's nice because they're not win-based, but it's lame that you just want to vomit cards over everything else to be done with it.
And then, they will be weaponized. Like everything in this game, from kittens to babies, everything is a potential device of murder.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1146 on: October 28, 2016, 12:33:28 am »

Or you could do as I do, and just play the game picking up the quests as you go.

Edit: the SMOrc lifestyle continues. 61% winrate, average 5.5 minutes/9.1 turns per game. And I'm now at 1-star Rank 13, which is significantly higher than I've ever been before. Given I'd never left Rank 18... Hunter is fun.
« Last Edit: October 31, 2016, 07:47:56 am by Arx »

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1147 on: November 22, 2016, 01:50:56 pm »

Well, so far it looks like control will be a real archetype again after Gadgetzan hits.

And Jade Idol looks as broken as all hell.

(1 mana; Choose one, summon a Jade Golem or shuffle 3 copies of this card into your deck).

ventuswings

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1148 on: November 22, 2016, 02:14:29 pm »

Wow, that's like a ultimate mill defense. Not that mill is a thing...

Leafsnail

• Bay Watcher
  • A single snail can make a world go extinct.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1149 on: November 22, 2016, 02:19:45 pm »

It's good at stopping fatigue but extremely bad otherwise (unless there's a lot of Jade Golem support). You don't want to be topdecking 1 mana spells.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #1150 on: November 22, 2016, 02:25:07 pm »

Jade golems ARE the support. You play it immediately in fast matchups to get the jade golem ball rolling faster, or you play it for +2 in other matchups, because there drawing a 1 doesn't matter when that 1 is a 5/5 or a 6/6 or whatever.

Arx

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Art!
« Reply #1151 on: November 22, 2016, 02:26:05 pm »

It's good at stopping fatigue but extremely bad otherwise (unless there's a lot of Jade Golem support). You don't want to be topdecking 1 mana spells.

The thing is that in the late game that 1-mana spell is going to be disproportionately strong. I expect Jade Golem druid to see play, but if it doesn't I still expect to see people kicking around non-competitive Millfurion decks that run it purely because it's a rogue-style infinite value combo that doesn't need an engine.

frostshotgg

• Bay Watcher
  • It was a ruse
    • View Profile
« Reply #1152 on: November 22, 2016, 02:37:32 pm »

My best guess for it is you play it turn 1 for a golem then when you draw the second copy you add more copies.

Criptfeind

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1153 on: November 22, 2016, 04:00:30 pm »

Hum, just for jade ramp druid I'm not sure if there's really enough support for the archtype, although just the idol seems like it might possibly find it's way into a druid that runs auctioneer, 1 mana spells are a lot better when they are cantrips.

Darkmere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1154 on: November 30, 2016, 12:03:50 am »

The MSG expansion launches on Thursday (Dec. 1). Patch with all the content landed today. The cards are shown in the crafting menu, but you can't actually craft them or buy packs yet.

Any bets on whether I'll pull every garbage legendary in the xpack again?
Pages: 1 ... 75 76 [77] 78 79 ... 109