Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 169746 times)

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Collecting Ideas
« Reply #120 on: December 29, 2013, 04:54:50 pm »

• Manually controlled necromancy - 1x1 tile AoE workshop, resurrects undeads around it.

How about, instead of a 1x1 workshop, creating an immobile monolith-like creature that animates the dead in a radius around it? It could be created in a workshop and hauled around as needed. Most importantly, invaders can also destroy it without having BUILDINGDESTROYER.
Thats another option, yes. :) Maybe I can add both. I do like the idea of a "necromantic circle", and a Warlock does a ritual to raise all the corpses nearby, but an automated AoE creature is easier for people that want to raise all the corpses. Just need a good concept for it. What kind of creature would you make it?

Some "Zombie Master", or a "Dark Crystal" type?...

Hrm. Well I'm a big fan of "making pacts with strange and eldritch beings for power"...
Maybe a large featureless blob trailing several tendrils? I'm note sure if you could cover it in a thousand, unblinking eyes or have them constantly whispering secrets in utterly unpronounceable languages, but I'm not good at this "modding" thing. For bonus points, make it be composed of a really soft metal and bleed dust/ash.
Lore-wise, it should probably be a servant of another entity that the Warlocks worship, gifted to them for their service. Might they be summoned through a sacrificial altar?

If you want to prevent their weaponization (since endlessly reanimating corpses during battle tends to lead to short battles) you could make them highly killable. As in, have them bleed out fairly rapidly.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: December 29, 2013, 05:03:44 pm »

• Manually controlled necromancy - 1x1 tile AoE workshop, resurrects undeads around it.

How about, instead of a 1x1 workshop, creating an immobile monolith-like creature that animates the dead in a radius around it? It could be created in a workshop and hauled around as needed. Most importantly, invaders can also destroy it without having BUILDINGDESTROYER.
Thats another option, yes. :) Maybe I can add both. I do like the idea of a "necromantic circle", and a Warlock does a ritual to raise all the corpses nearby, but an automated AoE creature is easier for people that want to raise all the corpses. Just need a good concept for it. What kind of creature would you make it?

Some "Zombie Master", or a "Dark Crystal" type?...
Necromantic Monolith- Stone pillar creature with a big creepy eye that causes nearby corpses to animate under its gaze.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #122 on: December 29, 2013, 05:21:18 pm »

Maybe a large featureless blob trailing several tendrils? I'm note sure if you could cover it in a thousand, unblinking eyes or have them constantly whispering secrets in utterly unpronounceable languages, but I'm not good at this "modding" thing. For bonus points, make it be composed of a really soft metal and bleed dust/ash.
Lore-wise, it should probably be a servant of another entity that the Warlocks worship, gifted to them for their service. Might they be summoned through a sacrificial altar?
This does sound awesome and very lovecraftian, but I wouldnt use it as one of the most basic things your race does, which is producing undeads. Its like Tier 0.5 tech for Warlocks. ;)

A black monolith sounds about alright. Odyssey 2001 style, which animates dead. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: December 29, 2013, 05:48:07 pm »

An alternative to the necromancer-creature would to only have one Warlock in the fort capable of raising the dead at a time. You could make any warlock capable of becomming one; have an interaction run upon deconstructing your wagon or something to make the first one at random, then have a new one made at random every time the last one dies. Fits decently with the whole "evil wizard cult" thing - you have you master and your apprentices. There can only be one leader of the coven.
Of course this is significantly more work and the immobile necro-god is pretty darn awesome, so you probably shouldn't bother.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2013, 05:53:12 pm by MDFification »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #124 on: December 29, 2013, 06:06:55 pm »

Code: [Select]
[CREATURE:MONOLITH]
[DESCRIPTION:A black monolith. It seems to hum in a frequency just below hearing. Tendrils of green smoky light search the area around it, gently touching and probing its surroundings for anything that once hold a spark of light, animating it to eternal unlife.]
[NAME:black monolith:black monolith:black monolith]
[CASTE_NAME:black monolith:black monoliths:black monolith]
[CREATURE_TILE:244][COLOR:3:0:0]
[FREQUENCY:0][CANNOT_UNDEAD][BENIGN]
[FIREIMMUNE][WEBIMMUNE][MAGMA_VISION]
[SMALL_REMAINS][NOT_BUTCHERABLE][IMMOBILE]
[NO_DRINK][NO_EAT][NO_SLEEP][NOPAIN][EXTRAVISION][NO_FEVERS]
[NOBREATHE][NOSTUN][NONAUSEA][NOEMOTION][NOBONES][NO_DIZZINESS]
[BODY:MONOLITH]
[SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:12:15000:NONE:hum:hums:humming]
[SOUND:ALERT:20:8000:NONE:resonate:resonates:a resonating tone]
[NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BONE:BONE_TEMPLATE]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:BONE:BONE_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:BONE]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:35000]
[CASTE:GENERIC]

[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:RAISE_CORPSE]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Animate corpse]
[CDI:TARGET:A:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:A:5]
[CDI:VERB:hum:hums:NA]
[CDI:TARGET_VERB:shudder and begin to move:shudders and begins to move]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:10]
How about that? :)
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

MDFification

• Bay Watcher
  • Hammerer at Law
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: December 29, 2013, 06:23:09 pm »

Code: [Select]
[CREATURE:MONOLITH]
[DESCRIPTION:A black monolith. It seems to hum in a frequency just below hearing. Tendrils of green smoky light search the area around it, gently touching and probing its surroundings for anything that once hold a spark of light, animating it to eternal unlife.]
[NAME:black monolith:black monolith:black monolith]
[CASTE_NAME:black monolith:black monoliths:black monolith]
[CREATURE_TILE:244][COLOR:3:0:0]
[FREQUENCY:0][CANNOT_UNDEAD][BENIGN]
[FIREIMMUNE][WEBIMMUNE][MAGMA_VISION]
[SMALL_REMAINS][NOT_BUTCHERABLE][IMMOBILE]
[NO_DRINK][NO_EAT][NO_SLEEP][NOPAIN][EXTRAVISION][NO_FEVERS]
[NOBREATHE][NOSTUN][NONAUSEA][NOEMOTION][NOBONES][NO_DIZZINESS]
[BODY:MONOLITH]
[SOUND:PEACEFUL_INTERMITTENT:12:15000:NONE:hum:hums:humming]
[SOUND:ALERT:20:8000:NONE:resonate:resonates:a resonating tone]
[NO_THOUGHT_CENTER_FOR_MOVEMENT]
[USE_MATERIAL_TEMPLATE:BONE:BONE_TEMPLATE]
[USE_TISSUE_TEMPLATE:BONE:BONE_TEMPLATE]
[TISSUE_LAYER:BY_CATEGORY:ALL:BONE]
[BODY_SIZE:0:0:35000]
[CASTE:GENERIC]

[CAN_DO_INTERACTION:RAISE_CORPSE]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Animate corpse]
[CDI:TARGET:A:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:A:5]
[CDI:VERB:hum:hums:NA]
[CDI:TARGET_VERB:shudder and begin to move:shudders and begins to move]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:10]
How about that? :)

I like it - only thing I'd add given the chance was an assurance that it was watching you without eyes oh gawd

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: December 29, 2013, 06:26:41 pm »

I wonder just how well it would serve as a meatshield? It's made of stone, and it seems to have only one body part, with no vital organs, which seems scarily similar to a Giant Sponge.

Can immobile creatures attack?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #127 on: December 29, 2013, 07:00:08 pm »

It can push, its made of bone, not stone, and it has 2 bodyparts. The "body", and the "core". If the core is hit, it dies. And its only bodysize 35000, half a human.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #128 on: December 29, 2013, 08:51:59 pm »

Demon Summoning Workshop Concepts. Maybe... Abyss? Abyssal Rift? (I thought maybe I could do three of them, one for DF demons, one for TES Deadra, one for Warhammer Chaos. I know some people strongly dislike crossovers, but its all optional. The creatures wont exist, as long as you dont manually summon them in the workshop.

Just want to know what you think, about the idea and design. Which one looks better?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: December 29, 2013, 09:23:14 pm »

I like the red glow on the first one, but the fifth is probably my favorite structurally.

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: December 29, 2013, 09:49:37 pm »

The 5th look badass  ;D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #131 on: December 29, 2013, 10:25:22 pm »

The colors I can change as I like, its just the overall design that would stay. ;)

And another one: I thought about the special gems the mod has... Tear of Armok, Blood of Armok, Bone of Armok. Dwarves make water, magma and metal from them... so obviously I needed something else for Warlocks. How about: Fountain of Tears, Fountain of Blood, Fountain of Bones. (yep, that last one is a no-brainer)

They would produce souls/water, blood/meat, bones/totems.

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: December 29, 2013, 10:34:12 pm »

Idea: Warlocks are really into dark and destructive energies, and don't really worship Armok. They use Tears, Blood, and Bones to construct powerful elemental servants out of the magical stones.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #133 on: December 29, 2013, 11:06:15 pm »

Like "Golem of Tears", "Bloodbeast" and "Bone Colossus"?

Remuthra

• Bay Watcher
  • I live once more...
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: December 29, 2013, 11:07:35 pm »

Essentially.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 [9] 10 11 ... 110