Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 169447 times)

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
Re: [WARLOCK] - Dev Log - Day 10 - Alpha V0.2 - New Download
« Reply #405 on: January 10, 2014, 04:13:02 pm »

Will the libraries allow you to learn other stuff as well? things besides spells? Like creating vile tonics and new kinds of minions and such? Cause it'd be pretty cool if the warlocks had more than just spells going for them. I made a post about it earlier, but I guess in totality it was just too silly and complicated.

edit: also, is there some way to 'control' which spells a warlock will cast? Or will they just go around using them at will?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 04:21:05 pm by shadowclasper »
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: January 10, 2014, 04:17:37 pm »

Oh right something I noticed about the warlock's manual. It mentions in Get Started: Pets: Warlocks dont do pets. You will be lucky if you find some evil animals like grave cats, barghests or brook trolls. Take them if you like, but mind that they will be attacked by undead beings, just like any other wildlife. Still good for early meat, bones and blood. But in Warlocks, under undead pets, this: Rare Evil Creatures at embark. Sometimes a warlock civ tames creatures that live in evil biomes, like gravecats, barghests, brook trolls... Warlocks make sure that these are not attacked by the undead, and you can buy and embark with them. Its a rare occasion though.

So are embark pets attacked by the undead or not?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 04:32:12 pm by zlurker »

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: January 10, 2014, 04:27:43 pm »

I found a bug. I taught a warlock a bunch of spells and sent him to fight a forest spider, but when he used one of the AoE ice spells, he died instantly.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #408 on: January 10, 2014, 04:30:33 pm »

Warlocks do have this:
Code: [Select]
[SELECT_MATERIAL:ALL]
[COLDDAM_POINT:NONE]
[HEATDAM_POINT:NONE]
[IGNITE_POINT:NONE]
I had hoped that this would solve that issue.

Did he die of frostbite?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: January 10, 2014, 04:37:10 pm »

He ran over to the spider, used frost nova, the combat log said he was numb and bam, he died. Also, summoned blood beasts are hostile.
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #410 on: January 10, 2014, 04:45:56 pm »

Thank you. :)

I did my own tests, the ice spells are all fine, except the frost nova, which does friendly fire. Ups.

Bloodbeast has CRAZED token, thats an easy fix. I just make a caste without the token. :)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 04:49:26 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #411 on: January 10, 2014, 04:55:17 pm »

Warlocks should have a plague fire spell. Sets things on fire, but also gives enemies the black plague.

They should also be able to send diseases and plagues against enemy civs.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #412 on: January 10, 2014, 04:58:46 pm »

I am thinking about plague ammo for catapults, for the Blight Fletcher. Or the Blight Siegeworks. A bit more virulent than the normal diseases.

Plague fire makes no sense, things that burn die anyway.

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #413 on: January 10, 2014, 05:07:17 pm »

Well the idea is that you hit with a small fire burst on one target, and then have a larger syndrom released in the form of smoke. ANything that doesn't get lit on fire will get infected.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: January 10, 2014, 05:11:39 pm »

any idea on creating Abominations? say like using 10 souls and multiple body parts to create a large slow pile of corpses? could act as a pet or use the golem system from the dwarf counterpart by using lots of bone and corpses to create an Abomination and then activating it?   

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #415 on: January 10, 2014, 05:32:11 pm »

any idea on creating Abominations? say like using 10 souls and multiple body parts to create a large slow pile of corpses? could act as a pet or use the golem system from the dwarf counterpart by using lots of bone and corpses to create an Abomination and then activating it?

would be pretty cool. I also like the idea of bone gardens that turn into skeleton defenders if we can get that too.

Baffler

• Bay Watcher
  • Caveat Lector.
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: January 10, 2014, 05:57:36 pm »

Having some trouble getting the construct skeleton reaction to work. I've got a coati bone totem, a coati bone stack(2), some cotton fiber thread, and a coati soul. None of these items are stockpiled.

Edit: Just stored the soul in a phylactery, the reaction still says I'm missing reagents.
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 05:59:59 pm by Baffler »
Quote from: Helgoland
Even if you found a suitable opening, I doubt it would prove all too satisfying. And it might leave some nasty wounds, depending on the moral high ground's geology.
Location subject to periodic change.
Baffler likes silver, walnut trees, the color green, tanzanite, and dogs for their loyalty. When possible he prefers to consume beef, iced tea, and cornbread. He absolutely detests ticks.

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: January 10, 2014, 06:27:06 pm »

I was lucky enough to generate a civ that domesticated barghests and blood wolves; but the animals I embarked with are listed under "other" rather than "pets and livestock", so I can't do anything with them. (Update: Attacking the animals for meat caused a loyalty cascade.)
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 06:34:28 pm by LMeire »
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Urist McTeellox

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: January 10, 2014, 06:59:50 pm »

Warlocks Alpha v0.2 merged into SWP-alpha with thanks! :)

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #419 on: January 10, 2014, 10:36:11 pm »

Question?

How does hunting work when someone doesn't actually have the ability to gain proficency in a weapon? For example, ghouls can't use any ranged weapons as far as I know. Will they just go into a constant 'cancel job' loop because they're equipping a weapon they can't use? or do they just equip it and not use it?

Cause if they're just going to grab a ranged weapon, and then not use it. Then why not just make sure that they grab something like a bolos which will use the lashing skill for hunting, and let them at it? Or a Javelin? Or similar?
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 10:49:41 pm by shadowclasper »
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 110