Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 169785 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [WARLOCK] - Dev Log - Day 13 - V0.2 - Vampires, Werebeasts and Thralls.
« Reply #525 on: January 14, 2014, 05:35:07 pm »

Dev Log - Day 14

And here is the new version:BETA V.03 - Should be a lot better then 01 and 02. :)

I worked 4 hours on tracking down one crash that occured in worldgen. Yeah, fun. ^^ I also played a 1 hour fort. Surprisingly easy to kill stuff when you play sentient undeads. ^^

I added the Orrery, a new building that allows weather control. It costs 5 mechanisms and the weather control is free. I figured that many players would want something simple that can stop potential surface fires, which come from using fire mages.

I changed skills around a lot, and added grasstrample to the warlocks, skeletons and ghouls. Just for flavor, they destroy the grass they walk on.

I also added a first test run of demon summoning. You can do a reaction that has a 100% chance to summon one RANDOM demon out of a list of 20. All of which are procedually generated and different in every world you play. They are the actual demons you would meet in the HFS. currently they all spawn friendly, most of them as civ members. They will sadly do no labors though. Not sure how much the script can be expanded. But its a nice feature anyway. I add pet-demons as well, that you can pasture or butcher.

And I tested the warpstone siege ammo. It does work, so adding this will be another thing. :) AoE ammo.

I added buildmats to all buildings. This means testing is much slower now, but there is one cheat reaction in the Still. For those that want it. ^^

EDIT: Oh, I forgot: I also added a bonesaw as a cheap axe-weapon, which can be used to fell trees. :)

« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 05:52:51 pm by Meph »
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Three Blind Mice running on a keyboard.
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Dev Log - Day 14 - Beta V0.3 - The Orrery
« Reply #526 on: January 14, 2014, 06:30:10 pm »

Teeheehee! new alpha version!

Thankyou Meph, you Legend.
RegalDoom! The Little Warlock Who Could!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=137494.0

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 14, 2014, 06:56:46 pm »

So what do ghouls perform in a fortress now that there's no hunting and fishing?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #528 on: January 14, 2014, 07:34:49 pm »

Military, mostly. They are natural butchers and wrestlers. I mean, just because they dont learn skills, it doesnt mean that they cant do labors. They are just bad at it. Being quite fast they make good haulers though. I usually have them hunting around the map, as a military squad, not actual hunters.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #529 on: January 14, 2014, 08:04:08 pm »

Collected suggestions from this thread and reddit (which are not already in my todo list):

- Pylons needed to control population. (Necron/Protoss style)
 - Demon caste. Powerful, but tantrum/berserk possibility.
 - More fort-wide spells that have a recharge time, like "once a month I instakill an invader"
 - Magma Spawning (couldnt get magmasource to work relyably yet)
 - Broodlords/Broodmothers for breeding new civ members.
 - Evil Changlings: flilthlings, festerlings, puslings, bloodlings...
 - Academy - Mental-attribute/skill training.
 - Temporary Uber-Soldier transformation, which ends with the user dying/going berserk.
 - Research (Theology College, Observatory, Anatomy Lab) System.
 - Summon Balrog, Imps or Mephits.
 - More Torture Chambers and "Information-Gathering". Might spawn "escaped prisoner".
 - Expedition/Raid System. Kidnap villagers. Raiders Cabal or Warmongers.
 - The Black Spiral - Magical Warlock Spawning that can go wrong. Might use prisoners for conversion.
 - Homonculi
 - Voodoo
 - Ransom prisoners = Sell to caravans.
 - Permanent upgrade: Frost/Fire/Blight Skeletons. All skellies get this, but you can only chose one.
 - Good Ghosts: Take usage-hint away from interactions, use cannot-have-syn-class to make warlocks immune.
 - Skill-learning from souls, like the dwarven library system. Devour soul = Get a skill.
 - Attribute-boosts from souls. Devour soul = get more strength/agility/endurance.
 - Skull Throne = Turn one Warlock into the boss, with extra spells.
 - Alternative: Summon unique noble-caste, Sauron style. The evil Overlord.
 - Wyrd Weapons = AoE explosion one-time weapons/ammo for traps/suicide bombers.
 - Make drinks from souls that have noeat/nodrink/nosleep for a while.
 - Elysian Shades = Shearable pet-shade made from souls, can be sheared for souls.
 - Slave Pit/arena = Workshop using slave-tools for positive AoE buffs, like the Tavern.
 - Shell life for skeletons: MAXAGE:10.
 - Needs something for Fossils/Treasures/Relics
 - Needs something for Blood/Tear/Bone of Armok
 - Tentacle Monster
 - Enchantet items/ Rune-Robes
 - Extra spells from Staves/Auras for Warlock
 - Will-o'the-wisp, Jack'o'lantern, Burning Skulls, classical horror stuff.
 - Some sort of Religion. Lovecraft, anyone?
 - Cross-race secret reactions - Just adding this so I dont forget it.
 - Good adventurers that attack and siege.

zlurker

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 14, 2014, 08:18:04 pm »

Ahahaha I just embarked by a necromancer tower and two of the denizens are a pair of elf farmworkers, another an elven spinner and a fourth a goblin siege operator. :D
----
And the tower sits surrounded by joyous wilds.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 08:23:18 pm by zlurker »

Kaos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 14, 2014, 09:01:12 pm »

darkpact: it would be great if the chances to get something from a wish increased the more menial/normal/useless something is (like a wooden pitchfork) and decreased the more useful/abnormal it is (a water breastplate, masterwork adamantine sword, etc...)

were-creatures: can't the were-creature lair workshop be used in the same way as the vampire's lair? trigger a permanent were-creature transformation and cure it when you want to? or maybe have a were-creature caste that can only transform forth and back using the workshop and ignores the actual moon cycle, like how the saiyans from dragon ball are able to transform into giant apes but since they lack a tail the only way to do it is using the machine that Bulma made that shoots some sort of ultra-potent moon-whatever rays that trigger the transformation despite them having lost their tails.

Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Three Blind Mice running on a keyboard.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 14, 2014, 10:24:45 pm »

Possibly the Bone/Tears/Blood of Armok to reageantify (totally a word) the making of blood/water/magma golems/elementals/familiars? Though this may be a lil dwarfy....

second option, especially if you want people to near stripmine is to make them need one of the various peices of Armok and souls to summon demons "I, the great Summoner Urist McWarlock invoke the Blood God himself to draw you forth Demon!"
RegalDoom! The Little Warlock Who Could!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=137494.0

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #533 on: January 14, 2014, 10:47:01 pm »

- Permanent upgrade: Frost/Fire/Blight Skeletons. All skellies get this, but you can only chose one.
Sounds awesome. But we'd need a way to avoid Fire skellies from setting everything on fire wouldn't we?

- Needs something for Fossils/Treasures/Relics
Dinosaur zombies! Or alternatively turning and perverting ancient things into vile uses.

- Needs something for Blood/Tear/Bone of Armok
didn't you already have something for this earlier in the thread? Blood/Magma Fountain, Soul/Water Fountain, Bone/Dust Fountain? If you do do them that way there should be a toggle on them for switching them between modes that costs something and can't be used more than once a month perhaps?

Anyway, in response to your last post about syndromes. So the inscription syndromes I described might work? The only snag I can think of is how to deliever them unless they can be applied directly without intermediary? In which case you just tell a Skeleton to go to the Inscriptionist, they take the appropriate materials.  They get a syndrome that raises their skill level appropriately. Perhaps different inscriptions for different professions? Kinda like tattoo parlors but permanent.

So there'd be various halls or labs or scriptoriums.

Arboreal Scriptorium for woodsman related professions (carpentry, wood cutting, etc.)
Chthonic Scriptorium for Mining and Stone Crafting
Shining Scriptorium for Gem related stuff
Burning Scriptorium for Metal related things

Various scriptoriums for military disciplines?

What do you think?

edit: You could restrict the building of them until you had the libraries too. You'd need specific books from the relevant library to get the materials to build something?

edit2: Reaction would go like this
Skeleton brings materials to the scriptorium.
Scriptorium automatically cures them of any syndromes they have (possibly make it focused to 'any inscribed' syndromes? I don't know if that can be done though).
Scriptorium Applies the new syndrome to the Skeleton.
Materials are used up.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2014, 10:51:25 pm by shadowclasper »
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #534 on: January 15, 2014, 07:06:05 am »

I cant make a werebeast caste. It would require more unique sprites/graphics. If I could add castes that easily, I would have different demons as well. Maybe I can solve that crash with werebeasts at worldgen, but I dont really know what their fortress role would be.

Combat is ghouls and skeletons, magic for warlocks, magic and combat for vampires. Werebeasts that transform would drop gear and become non-squad members. Werebeasts that not transform would require new sprites, which I cant do (because its hacky enough as it is)

I made skeletons opposed to life, and you need Warlocks to keep them under control now. :)  They are also no longer genderless, as this caused weird friendships and even marriages. They are now all male. Some of the warlock witches will still marry them, but hey, why not? ;)

razorback

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 15, 2014, 07:44:01 am »

Its not really important to me but why not make the werebeasts similar to the druids in kobold mode?

And for a little bit !fun!:
2 types:
stable werebeast - transforms when enemy in sight
unstable one - transforms once a month (or just unpredictable^^) and goes berserk.

And about combat, because you said there will be no real difference between vampires and warlocks:
why not make the vampires a little bit better in melee but as a drawback, they can not reach the highes tier in magic
« Last Edit: January 15, 2014, 07:47:07 am by razorback »

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 15, 2014, 08:30:08 am »

Seem like my ironbone skelaton which I embark with can't become noble, damn he would make a very fearsome cryptlord. :'(

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #537 on: January 15, 2014, 10:08:38 am »

Seem like my ironbone skelaton which I embark with can't become noble, damn he would make a very fearsome cryptlord. :'(

Fixed,

Code: [Select]
[POSITION:SKELETON_COMMANDER] => skeleton only squad leader
[NAME:crypt lord:crypt lords]
[ALLOWED_CREATURE:WARLOCK_CIV:SKELETON]
[ALLOWED_CREATURE:WARLOCK_CIV:IRONBONE_SKELETON]
[ALLOWED_CREATURE:WARLOCK_CIV:BLOODSTEEL_SKELETON]
[ALLOWED_CREATURE:WARLOCK_CIV:DREADNOUGHT_SKELETON]
[SITE]
[NUMBER:1]
[SQUAD:25:skeleton:skeletons]
[APPOINTED_BY:EXPEDITION_LEADER]
[RESPONSIBILITY:MILITARY_STRATEGY]
[PRECEDENCE:200]
[DO_NOT_CULL]
[DUTY_BOUND]
MILITARY_SCREEN_ONLY
[REQUIRED_TOMB:250]

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #538 on: January 15, 2014, 02:17:58 pm »

Its not really important to me but why not make the werebeasts similar to the druids in kobold mode?

And for a little bit !fun!:
2 types:
stable werebeast - transforms when enemy in sight
unstable one - transforms once a month (or just unpredictable^^) and goes berserk.

And about combat, because you said there will be no real difference between vampires and warlocks:
why not make the vampires a little bit better in melee but as a drawback, they can not reach the highes tier in magic

Do warlocks need food and drink? If so, then vampires simply get around the need for that in return for possibly nixing one of your living warlocks if you aren't careful.
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

jaxy15

• Bay Watcher
  • Adept Modder
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 15, 2014, 02:36:44 pm »

Is the embassy not working for anybody else? It does nothing, and dfhack just says something like "Caravan, diplomat and siege require a civilization ID to be included.".
Dwarf Fortress: Threats of metabolism.
Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 110