Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 169767 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [WARLOCK] - Day 18 - Beta V0.4 - Minions. And Super-High-Tier workshop
« Reply #675 on: January 18, 2014, 06:07:50 pm »

DAMN. Roses is awesome. Thanks to him modders can do custom rain now. Large image in the spoiler, that shows mist rain (good thoughts) and miasma rain (bad thoughts). This is done by one of the Warlocks, and has nothing to do with the biomes.

I can make it rain any inorganic material in cloud form... or any other material from this list: miasma, mist, mist2, dust, lavamist, smoke, dragonfire, firebreath, web, oceanwave, seafoam.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Rain of shadow webs anyone? Dragonfire and Sulphur? How about a nice cooling mist? A evil thralling rain? A good healing rain?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #676 on: January 18, 2014, 07:32:52 pm »

Ok, I will use scalps to make skin-covers.

Kill dwarf.
Butcher dwarf corpse.
Get soul and bones and all that usual stuff.
Get dwarf scalp.
Make dwarf skin cover.
Write book => "This is a dwarf skin-bound book".

"This is a human skin-bound Codex of Vampirism."

I like it. It also slows down the progress in the libraries down quite a bit, because you only get books if you kill sapient being for it. :)

You can also use the scalps for the armor decorations, I will have a look at them now. Each one should give nerfs/buffs for this specific race. So a armor with "drow-skin decorations" should help against drow, and so forth. Will take a while to set this up, but its certainly possible.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

shadowclasper

• Bay Watcher
  • Urist McSpacemarine, AxeDwarf
    • View Profile
    • My Portfolio
« Reply #677 on: January 18, 2014, 07:37:49 pm »

So how do we trigger sapient invasions? Can we call on ambushes from adventurers? (Neat idea... Adventurers should mix up sieges with ambushes made up of powerful, well equipped, highly skilled members?)

Otherwise some way to raid villages for raw materials.
Project Manager for Towergirls: Subtitle Pending

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: January 18, 2014, 08:03:17 pm »

If we set the number of procedurally generated HFS to 1,000, does the reaction allow summoning any of the 1000 or is it just limited to the first 20?
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #679 on: January 18, 2014, 08:06:21 pm »

So how do we trigger sapient invasions?
Emissary Quarters. Possibly from the raiding system as well.

If we set the number of procedurally generated HFS to 1,000, does the reaction allow summoning any of the 1000 or is it just limited to the first 20?
20. I have to set the reaction for each one individually. I can make one for 1000, but it would be seriously buggy if you play in a world that doesnt have 1000. ;) Usually its 26, so I thought 20 is a save number. I can also raise the demon number in the worldgen files to 100 by default, and make the reaction have a 1% chance for each. Thats about the most reasonable I can think of.

Forgotten beasts and titans would work the same, but titan number is very small, so I dont dare touch it with reactions. FBs I could add.... lots. :)

Denisac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: January 18, 2014, 08:16:41 pm »

Noted a game crash with the spider pit with v.4.  Tried building one without the available thread.  Got through the five blocks and then it asked for <blank>.  Immediate crash when I tried selecting the blank item for the building.

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: January 18, 2014, 08:16:41 pm »

Ok, I will use scalps to make skin-covers.

Kill dwarf.
Butcher dwarf corpse.
Get soul and bones and all that usual stuff.
Get dwarf scalp.
Make dwarf skin cover.
Write book => "This is a dwarf skin-bound book".

"This is a human skin-bound Codex of Vampirism."

I like it. It also slows down the progress in the libraries down quite a bit, because you only get books if you kill sapient being for it. :)

You can also use the scalps for the armor decorations, I will have a look at them now. Each one should give nerfs/buffs for this specific race. So a armor with "drow-skin decorations" should help against drow, and so forth. Will take a while to set this up, but its certainly possible.
Please don't forget about fortress defence race, these guy love to pay me a visit a lot :D

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #682 on: January 18, 2014, 08:24:17 pm »

Noted a game crash with the spider pit with v.4.  Tried building one without the available thread.  Got through the five blocks and then it asked for <blank>.  Immediate crash when I tried selecting the blank item for the building.
I know what this is. The game counts the webs on the map as well. So your dwarf thinks: Yeah, lets build this building with the webs/thread from the undiscovered third cavern, and BAM!, blackout and game over. I will change it.

Please don't forget about fortress defence race, these guy love to pay me a visit a lot :D
Maybe. Its a lot of races. ^^ (wait. They are all babysnatchers, arent they? dont they trade with you then? do FD races trade with the current orcs?)

Edit2: Well, whatever. They have scalps now. Generic "skin scalp" for all FD races. I will not do specific reactions for those. Too many, and they are off by default anyway. But you can scalp all FD races now (also in orc mode) and make generic "skin-bound books" from them.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2014, 08:41:43 pm by Meph »

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: January 18, 2014, 09:31:29 pm »

Not to be dissuaded by not having enough time for warlocks, I did the next best thing and started modding other things.
Spoiler: Sekrit (click to show/hide)
In other news, Meph confirmed to already magikz modding. Reporters confirmed possibility of infinite monkeys. How infinite monkeys are fitted in finite space is not reporter concern.
In (more serious) terms, those minions look very cool. Also, I want a balrog.
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: January 18, 2014, 09:32:24 pm »

I'm really liking where this is going. Keep up the good work Meph!

I'm slightly concerned about the fire mephits. I think starting with a fire-starting creature and being hostile to wildlife could make for a very short game. I seem to recall a similar problem with embarking with a fire mage in dwarf mode. Just my 2 cents.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #685 on: January 18, 2014, 09:38:55 pm »

I'm slightly concerned about the fire mephits. I think starting with a fire-starting creature and being hostile to wildlife could make for a very short game. I seem to recall a similar problem with embarking with a fire mage in dwarf mode. Just my 2 cents.
I thought about that too, then decided I call it... a feature. Your skeletons are fireproof, and your warlocks should survive something like that too.

Octobomb: What are you working on? I thought you did torture chambers? :P

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: January 18, 2014, 09:44:14 pm »

I thought about that too, then decided I call it... a feature. Your skeletons are fireproof, and your warlocks should survive something like that too.

Ah, makes sense. I like the theme of that too: Dwarves come to an embark and start digging, while Warlocks come to an embark and burn it to the ground.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Octobomb

• Bay Watcher
  • I like pens
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: January 18, 2014, 10:02:23 pm »

'Fraid not. Time and life hate me at the moment, like I said. Torture chambers are so... interconnected. Which is complicated. But I'll definitely check what you've done when you do it, or expand it or do a little at some point when I can. But this project is designable from my phone, and far simpler.
Spoiler: Idea (click to show/hide)
I saw 5 people with fedoras in my town yesterday.
They're the special biohazard containment agent, out to deal with m'laria.
Sig
Bay12's resident tea drinkers

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: January 18, 2014, 10:16:45 pm »

They are all babysnatchers, arent they? dont they trade with you then? do FD races trade with the current orcs?
Well,somehow I fight them in both warlock and orcs fort
And thank for the scalp ^^

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #689 on: January 18, 2014, 10:49:41 pm »

They are all babysnatchers, arent they? dont they trade with you then? do FD races trade with the current orcs?
Well,somehow I fight them in both warlock and orcs fort
And thank for the scalp ^^
I dont know ^^ If they cant speak they are always hostile to everyone. But yeah, they have scalps, and you can bind books with those. "skin-bound book".

'Fraid not. Time and life hate me at the moment, like I said. Torture chambers are so... interconnected. Which is complicated. But I'll definitely check what you've done when you do it, or expand it or do a little at some point when I can. But this project is designable from my phone, and far simpler.
Spoiler: Idea (click to show/hide)
I have runes for weapons and armor, but they dont add interactions. Only tags, like NOFEAR or NOSLEEP and such. I wanted to do a Thaumaturg for dwarves that makes magical items for ... a long time, but never got around doing it. But I will certainly add something like this for Warlocks. The spiked and skin-decorated armor works the same way.

Ah, makes sense. I like the theme of that too: Dwarves come to an embark and start digging, while Warlocks come to an embark and burn it to the ground.
Maybe. ^^ I havent seen any embarks that burn down ingame... its not supposed to happen. It will destroy your wagon and items. and clothing.

And...

Pages: 1 ... 44 45 [46] 47 48 ... 110