Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 169452 times)

Blazebase

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Day 24 - Beta V0.6 - Gui and merging versions
« Reply #975 on: January 25, 2014, 06:49:18 pm »

Hey, I just noted something pretty weird on one of the buildings in this, mainly the torture room.

Got attacked by a squadron of Dwarves in the first year, they killed off about 6 of my ghouls in the process but I managed to fend them off and capture 8 of them in turn. Wanted to replenish my numbers.

I converted them over to ghouls and thought they were good to go, but I remembered in the last fort that I made they just started spamming error messages the minute I released them from their cages, they were interrupted by my own people, except my skeletons, and killed by my ghouls after a while. Thought I sparked a loyalty cascade.

I was somewhat right.

I took a closer look at the new ghouls and it turns out that they are still members of the opposing civilization, in this case "The Ticks of Barbarities"

All of my civilization members except my skeletons, who don't seem to show that they are members of my civilization and also are not enemies to opposing civilizations, are enemies to "The Ticks of Barbarities" and will make an effort to evade, injury and ultimately kill them as if they were still dwarves.

That's were it get's tricky.

My newly converted ghouls don't show that they are members of my fort BUT they still act as if they were. They attempt to preform any task given to the civilization, yet they are still scared off or get aggroed by my civilization members who are AGAINST their civilization that they still are members to.

So, every time I open the cages, a mini-loyalty cascade starts, and only ends when all the converted ghouls are killed off, or if the converted ghouls manage to kill of all my mages and ghouls.... but not my skeletons.... I have yet to see the latter happen for I am more aware of this problem.

What do I do...?

Don't know how to post pics, would if i could for evidence.

« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 06:52:34 pm by Blazebase »
Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure.  ~Author Unknown

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #976 on: January 25, 2014, 06:59:40 pm »

Thats bad news. I took the corrupt script from boltguns Succubus mod, I assumed it would work fine.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #977 on: January 25, 2014, 07:21:10 pm »

Dev Log - Day 25

Testing, Testing, Testing. Mostly trying to replicate these crashes some people have been reporting, but not much luck so far. I am mostly taking notes for balancing.

The last things I want to add are quite easy to mod (weather, special gear), so I am mostly trying to get a good balancing for the raiding and prisoner system, but I noticed that it does not always trigger right. -.-

And now that problem with the corruption of invaders. Mh... I think I know a way around it: Give them a self-kill interaction that also spawns a new ghoul. Instead of transforming them, I just get rid of the old unit and make a completly new one. AAaahhh, have to rewrite the entire thing.

Tomorrow I will try to release a new test version. :) I think I found the reason for some freezes, the new digging invaders AI is messing them up. ^^
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 07:36:35 pm by Meph »
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Blazebase

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Day 25 - Beta V0.6 - Testing. Please Wait. ^^
« Reply #978 on: January 25, 2014, 07:26:58 pm »

Doesn't that mean you would have to do the same trick like you did with the skeletons in order to recruit them in the military?
« Last Edit: January 25, 2014, 08:56:55 pm by Blazebase »
Playing with fire is bad for those who burn themselves.  For the rest of us, it is a very great pleasure.  ~Author Unknown

HorrorToaster

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #979 on: January 25, 2014, 07:31:46 pm »

I made a hospital as I have had a skeleton with a broken knee sitting outside for like two years and he is too injured to repair himself with the repair skeleton reaction. When i made the hospital all my ghouls took to resting in it and they do not want to leave. My warlock doctor has been removing rotten flesh from them  for about a year now. It seems the doctor actually damaged them further as now a number of them have broken bones.

zach123b

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #980 on: January 25, 2014, 07:32:37 pm »

just got my first wave (12!) and got 2 vampires of which 1 (mother) was married to a ghoul (father) that brought there 1 year old son with them

next wave i got a skeleton that was attacked by a witch which im not sure about what happened.  end result was the skeleton went berserk and a ghoul died from it, i preceded to learn how to use 'killitwith' plugin with violence, fire (then rain) and finally gravity

the child was apparently sucked dry by the mother i believe (unsure as it was right before i got sieged)

during the siege of around 10 dwarves (middle of autumn) i built a wall to close my settlement off and... the game froze on me
last save has me at the start of autumn with the child, maybe ill abandon and start a new fort same world
"IT'S WORLDGEN TIME!"
"No, Meph, No!"

Denisac

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #981 on: January 25, 2014, 10:31:02 pm »

Playing with 0.6 I got the no-warlock embark (6 skeletons and a ghoul).  Oddly enough the skeletons did not go opposed to life and uncontrolled as I expected.  I played it for a few full seasons until my first set of migrants showed up (bringing a little kid skeleton with them).  I am not sure, but I am going to get back into it for a few hours and see if my skeletons start having issues now that there are warlocks on site.

The wagon was parked on top of a slate spire atop a cave which I've been hollowing out.  I lucked into a very 'evil magus tower' type location.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #982 on: January 25, 2014, 10:57:52 pm »

The skeletons were fixed so that they'd run a temporary interaction to make them civ members for a little while for embark and migration. Now the there's warlocks on site it should be fine, barring the ones who end up separated from a warlock or pylon for too long.

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #983 on: January 26, 2014, 10:22:43 am »

is there any other way to get warlocks besides the first 3 migrant waves?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #984 on: January 26, 2014, 05:41:55 pm »

Still can't get the mod to work. I'll probably have to redownload because I can't do anything. Not gen a new world or load a save game without crashing. Might be a problem on my end as I've had problems like this with autosaves turned on before. Thing autosaves, then I save game right afterward and I can't load the original save after. I've never been barred from world generation though. I'm running DF on my netbook, so FPS isn't the best in case that matters for causing crashes.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Blazebase

• Bay Watcher
  • [NO_SLEEP]
    • View Profile
« Reply #985 on: January 26, 2014, 07:08:39 pm »

You could go on a mass butchering spree and spend all the souls you get on attracting the dead in the embassy quarters. It only seems to work in spring, summer and autumn in the first year, after that you are out of luck, seeing as you can't trade, you can't increase the value of the fort. So no migrants can come.

Although there should be something that allows more warlocks to come based on population size. sort of like a milestone system based on how many spawned creatures you have, but I doubt that is within the limits of DF or DFhack.

Or just enable trade with the home civ, but I think no trade was intended. :/

SharpKris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #986 on: January 26, 2014, 07:36:33 pm »

i think that setting the embark amount could fix this.
atm i restart until i get 2 warlocks, 1 mistress, 2 skeletons, 1 ghoul from there on out i hope for around 6-7 locks in total.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #987 on: January 26, 2014, 07:39:59 pm »

You could go on a mass butchering spree and spend all the souls you get on attracting the dead in the embassy quarters. It only seems to work in spring, summer and autumn in the first year, after that you are out of luck, seeing as you can't trade, you can't increase the value of the fort. So no migrants can come.
This is so wrong. ^^

If you want more Warlocks: "startdwarf X" and embark with X civ members. But no, there are 2 migrant waves, and thats it.

Still can't get the mod to work. I'll probably have to redownload because I can't do anything. Not gen a new world or load a save game without crashing. Might be a problem on my end as I've had problems like this with autosaves turned on before. Thing autosaves, then I save game right afterward and I can't load the original save after. I've never been barred from world generation though. I'm running DF on my netbook, so FPS isn't the best in case that matters for causing crashes.
I cant help you with that, it sounds system related. Aka your Netbook causes the issues.

Nope.

Doesn't that mean you would have to do the same trick like you did with the skeletons in order to recruit them in the military?
Yes. -.- But at least it works better than having a loyality cascade.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #988 on: January 26, 2014, 07:45:37 pm »

Dev Log - Day 26

I honestly wanted to take the day off today, to get well rested and power through the last days with fresh energy, but then got a bad conscience and did a little something for you guys anyway. :)

I continued forum support and testing today, but didnt plan to mod. But well, here are two tiny new buildings, to give you something to do with the Armoks Gems: Tear and Blood of Armok:

EDIT: Thanks to Arcvastis feedback: They now have 6 reactions. Spawning liquids on the same level is free, and spawning liquids on the same level AND the level above (even through solid floor) costs another of the tear/blood of armok gems. You can build these under the surface, wait for things to run over them, then spawn liquids above as below. Thats obviously very powerful, but you need on of the gems for each activation.

(Before anyone says that this is unbalanced: Warlocks dont have any problems with combat. Its keeping your limited amount of Warlocks alive that is the important part. And adding free unlimited water and magma will cause accidents in the long run... which might make the corpse unaccessable or burn it, preventing resurrection at the altar.)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2014, 08:10:40 pm by Meph »

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #989 on: January 26, 2014, 07:51:21 pm »

I cant help you with that, it sounds system related. Aka your Netbook causes the issues.
Ah, allright then. Sorta weirded out because It ws working fine for the first 3 seasons and then spazzed out. I should probably start using my desktop computer for DF more often. I'm definately doing that for Cathedral once my turn rolls around for that.

Also, ninja'd on the update. I'm not sure that I prefer this to the magmaling or waterling style system. Will the spawing go through the floor? Because if so I'd love to have magma fountains one z-level below surface and spawn huge amounts of magma in an invaders face. It'd kill a bunch of souls and scalps, but it'd be fun. Unlimited water sounds like it'd be really good, especially for non-alchohol dependent warlocks.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 ... 64 65 [66] 67 68 ... 110