Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 169716 times)

Boltgun

• Bay Watcher
  • [UTTERANCES]
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #1080 on: February 04, 2014, 03:16:35 am »

Really like the idea of converting people into corrupting the soul itself and all that technical mumbojumbo so, hearing word that ghouls don't co-op properly kinda made me sad.
oh wait I remember warmist made a disguise plugin that allows units to get away with murder maybe it's possible to use that to convert prisoners into minions, or strip the soul of any hostilities of the site?

The soul is being stripped of hostility in addition to a simple makeown. There seem to be edge cases that the conversion does not cover. Since I am debugging it, I would be interested in a save where converted ghouls still act as enemies.

Perhaps if the invader gets an attack before being converted it remains an enemy but so far all my attempts in turning enemies to my side have been successful.

Geneoce

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1081 on: February 04, 2014, 08:13:34 am »

As a note to anyone having issues with sneaky elves.

Make ironbone picks, make wooden bucklers, draft all the skeletons and instant militia. The dogpile of stabby is so satisfying after loosing so many locks to those bloody ambushes.

Now if only I could get my hands on some mattocks...
I don't care that the vacuum people are promising a blowjob machine in the future. I'll buy it then if they ever deliver.

DoX

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1082 on: February 04, 2014, 12:42:22 pm »

So! Played a few rounds of the month-end release. I've sent you a couple messages, Meph, but I thought I'd combine them with my other bug reports/observations here.

- Souls tagged with their civ can't be made into phylacteries. "Human Soul", "Dwarf Soul", etc. "Soul" can. You've said it's just a mix-up with the REACTION_CLASS with the new version of Orc Fort, so I'm sure it's easily resolved.

- Butchers constantly butchering "Partial Skeleton". It's not just slow to butcher, it's taken a master ghoul butcher an entire year, and he's still hacking away at a single corpse. This does end up giving you -tons- of "chops", which makes food production a breeze, but it means you have to selectively forbid every partial skeleton if you want to butcher fresh corpses for souls. If there's any way to remove partial skeletons, make them decay faster, make them unbutcherable, etc. that would be greatly appreciated.

- Ethereal items don't seem to fade away very quickly, namely they seem to last at least a year, or three seasons minimum. Is this intentional?

- Training is a bit buggy, especially the crypt lord army. Periodically, if set to train, they'll randomly be removed from the squad, and become ineligible for "Crypt Lord" noble status. Do skeletons gain skills in weapons/armor just through combat? There doesn't seem to be a reaction in inscribing.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1083 on: February 04, 2014, 12:56:59 pm »

- Noted. Race souls. I'll check that.

- Nothing I can do about the butchering of bodyparts. -.-

- Ethereal blocks/furniture does not fade away. Only ethereal armor/weapons. Should take 3-4 months.

- Sounds like they were removed from the squad because they turned opposed-to-life for a bit, before a warlock/pylon retook control. They do learn combat skills naturally, with a 50% learn rate.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Dragonfly

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1084 on: February 04, 2014, 01:25:18 pm »

Having a great time with this mod. Here are a few observations and concerns:

Vampires. I lock them in their own nice room. They always die of thirst (five games, lots or dead vampires). If I put a few casks of cheap strawberry wine in with them, they drink that and do fine. ???? I thought they didn't need food or drink, and would never touch the alcohol.

Bags. Yikes! How to get enough bags for all the gold dust, herbs, raiding kits, etc... I have a 50 tile rope reed farm and just cannot keep enough bags for all the spell components. Does training a warlock with a new spell destroy the bags? It seems like it, but I think it should not.

Ghouls - the ones from the graveyard appear naked, and quickly become unhappy about it. Need to have a strong clothing industry if you want to mass summon ghouls. Would be nice if they could wear small and /or large things left over from the seiges. I have all my cloth going towards bags.  Also - why do ghouls care if they are naked?

Raids and Books. How about letting us raid a library or tower to find books. Perhaps even the town raid could provide books. I have a fort going into year 4 and have only made 40 books. I want them all and I want to make all the spells I want everything. But it goes so slowly.

Thanks again for making this mod. I just love telling my wife I am going to church because it is fun (to get scalps, heheheh insert evil laugh)

rEvolutionTU

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1085 on: February 04, 2014, 01:38:51 pm »

- Ethereal blocks/furniture does not fade away. Only ethereal armor/weapons. Should take 3-4 months.
Should be fixed in the manual. Also "an Ethereal Gate"

(getting started)
Once you have 3 full phylacteries (hourglass with soul), build a Ethereal Gate. It allows free furniture and blocks. Mind that you need to use the blocks quickly, they will disappear after a while. If you build a wall or floor with them, they will stay.

Speaking of souls, how do you assign them to a stockpile? It looks like there are multiple souls to choose from.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1086 on: February 04, 2014, 04:26:49 pm »

I'm not sure if this is intended, but one of my warlocks has a grudge against the entire fort population. His relationship screen is completely purple with them. I have 27 people. He has 26 grudges. This is a tad ridiculous.

EDIT: Nevermind, 25 grudges. He's friends with the vampire I've kept locked away since day 5.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2014, 04:33:12 pm by Arcvasti »
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

DoX

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1087 on: February 04, 2014, 09:26:22 pm »

Bags. Yikes! How to get enough bags for all the gold dust, herbs, raiding kits, etc... I have a 50 tile rope reed farm and just cannot keep enough bags for all the spell components. Does training a warlock with a new spell destroy the bags? It seems like it, but I think it should not.

Ghouls - the ones from the graveyard appear naked, and quickly become unhappy about it. Need to have a strong clothing industry if you want to mass summon ghouls. Would be nice if they could wear small and /or large things left over from the seiges. I have all my cloth going towards bags.  Also - why do ghouls care if they are naked?

- Given how much butchering you'll be doing, it's so much easier to make leather bags. You should have hundreds of bins of leather by the time two or three sieges have hit you.

- Same answer, leather shirts and shoes and such. I get the same problem, especially with my first few summoned ghouls. Once in a while I even get one that seems to want a room, and a bed!

Also, Meph

- I have the same problem getting Ghouls into a squad as I do with Skeletons. I can run the masterwork reaction to make skeletons viable, but ghouls from the graveyard can't be put into any army. Do they need to do something first?

- Caged invaders: The entire system with them seems broken, as far as I've managed. The only reaction with them I've been able to do is turn them directly into ghouls. Problem is, then I've got ten/twenty caged ghouls! I have to build every cage, and connect each one to a lever, because they can't be pastured or released! Then, when I do, they don't show up on the civ or any screen. Can't we have a simple reaction that turns caged invaders into prisoners?

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1088 on: February 04, 2014, 09:44:09 pm »

Skeletons are ridiculously hard to kill. Even the bone ones. I shudder to think about what a dreadnought one would be like. One of my skellies had a failed mood and went berserk. I sent in my squad of 5 bone clad and armed lasher ghouls to deal with it. 25 pages later, the ghoul master with the bronze scourge gets lucky and bisects him. The skeleton is by this point a spine, a lower body and a head. He's also in the middle of my workshop area, disrupting things.

TLDR: Skeletons are OP, but whips are more OP.
Spooky Signature

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1089 on: February 04, 2014, 10:03:45 pm »

Skeletons are ridiculously hard to kill. Even the bone ones. I shudder to think about what a dreadnought one would be like. One of my skellies had a failed mood and went berserk. I sent in my squad of 5 bone clad and armed lasher ghouls to deal with it. 25 pages later, the ghoul master with the bronze scourge gets lucky and bisects him. The skeleton is by this point a spine, a lower body and a head. He's also in the middle of my workshop area, disrupting things.

Skeletons are considerably less OP up against steel armed humans.

DoX

• Bay Watcher
  • No, seriously.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1090 on: February 04, 2014, 10:52:46 pm »

Here's a new one.

Buildings like the shrine, alter, circle, that have the option of building them with "fresh" souls, that is souls that haven't been preserved in phylacteries. Problem is, those souls still wither, and the workshop breaks (akin to ice melting). Removing the option to use non-preserved souls might be good.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1091 on: February 04, 2014, 11:07:57 pm »

Here's a new one.

Buildings like the shrine, alter, circle, that have the option of building them with "fresh" souls, that is souls that haven't been preserved in phylacteries. Problem is, those souls still wither, and the workshop breaks (akin to ice melting). Removing the option to use non-preserved souls might be good.

Its a feature. If you want a quick, but temporary workshop up, then you can use the fresh souls.

Skeletons are considerably less OP up against steel armed humans.
Thats true. But my point was that skeletons are much harder to kill then the feeble fleshlings.
Spooky Signature

Dazbuzz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1092 on: February 04, 2014, 11:23:46 pm »

- Training is a bit buggy, especially the crypt lord army. Periodically, if set to train, they'll randomly be removed from the squad, and become ineligible for "Crypt Lord" noble status. Do skeletons gain skills in weapons/armor just through combat? There doesn't seem to be a reaction in inscribing.

Ive had the same problem. My Crypt Lord seems to randomly get removed from the position. I can understand if its the "control" thing doing it, but after my Warlocks gain control of the Skeleton again, he does not show up on the Noble Selection screen.

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1093 on: February 04, 2014, 11:56:24 pm »

My personal preference would be to have Warlocks lead them since they need to be close by to keep the troops in line anyway, especially if the bone bags need to go outside secure pylon networks.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1094 on: February 05, 2014, 12:04:31 am »

I didnt realize that skeletons that once were opposed to life turn invalid for noble positions. But as it happens, the mistress is slightly bugged as well: You cant have a noble with both law-enforcements (sheriff) and executioner (hammerer)... so I will replace the Crypt Lord with a warlock noble who acts as sheriff. that should solve both problems.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::
Pages: 1 ... 71 72 [73] 74 75 ... 110