Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 169712 times)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #1320 on: March 10, 2014, 12:19:19 pm »

To get throne room to work you have to run object (kill prunder kidnap) reaction and then target (country site, town,...) reaction. From what I understand, throne room will generate item from first reaction which will be use in the second one.
So if you don't run both of them reaction will not complete
Plus the reaction should be run by the Overlord. That might have something to do with it.
Correct, only the Overlord can do this.

I might change the embark crew and migrants to all warlocks.. and ghouls and skeletons have to be made. What do you guys think?

Then I'll have too many warlocks. Seriously, even with 3-4 Warlocks I don't have enough work for all of them and its a really long process to teach any of them spells. If I had 21 of them, I think I'd kill off most of them. Especially since all that warlocks do when they don't have jobs is form grudges and whine about it. Maybe increase the Warlock % a bit, but having all warlocks is not nessecarily good. I'd prefer if you only got ghouls and warlocks. Or you could get around the low warlock problem by having an expensive reaction that turns a ghoul into a vampiric Warlock?
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Nuttycompa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1321 on: March 10, 2014, 01:47:45 pm »

To get throne room to work you have to run object (kill prunder kidnap) reaction and then target (country site, town,...) reaction. From what I understand, throne room will generate item from first reaction which will be use in the second one.
So if you don't run both of them reaction will not complete
Plus the reaction should be run by the Overlord. That might have something to do with it.
Correct, only the Overlord can do this.

I might change the embark crew and migrants to all warlocks.. and ghouls and skeletons have to be made. What do you guys think?

Then I'll have too many warlocks. Seriously, even with 3-4 Warlocks I don't have enough work for all of them and its a really long process to teach any of them spells. If I had 21 of them, I think I'd kill off most of them. Especially since all that warlocks do when they don't have jobs is form grudges and whine about it. Maybe increase the Warlock % a bit, but having all warlocks is not nessecarily good. I'd prefer if you only got ghouls and warlocks. Or you could get around the low warlock problem by having an expensive reaction that turns a ghoul into a vampiric Warlock?

1+
1 badass overlord is all I need, with spell and attribute upgrade, he can break a siege before his skeleton squard arrive. 8)

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1322 on: March 10, 2014, 01:56:38 pm »

1 badass overlord is all I need, with spell and attribute upgrade, he can break a siege before his skeleton squard arrive. 8)

The overlord is pretty badass because stat boosts. I haven't been able to get him to learn spells though.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Dwarf-Zero

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1323 on: March 10, 2014, 02:20:23 pm »

Considering that not being able to produce WL is by design.

An all WL embark (7) would work for people who dont want to bother too much with things like  DF hack.And wonder why they get no WL. But needs more changes. WL need to be able to do additional jobs for example.

I prefer the system like it is but make it fix that 30% of the first wave are WL (without vampire if possible) So you can adjust the initial WL amount with DF hack. If you want to see all WL consuming reactions for example.
« Last Edit: March 10, 2014, 02:44:50 pm by Dwarf-Zero »

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1324 on: March 10, 2014, 08:31:15 pm »

Always two there are, a master and an apprentice.

I never made a ghoul successfully yet, but for skeletons I still have a hard time keeping them as able to be crypt lords.

Also, I was trying to make the raw mods myself, but if you go this route I'd definitely want to add a new tool "skeleton frame" that the corrupted forge could make in Ironbone, blood steel, and dreadnought versions.   All needed mats but the soul. The frame the. Could be added with a soul at the altar to make the stronger skeletons directly. New default names possible for each  "Trembling Skeleton" "Dire Skeleton" "Grimlord Skeleton"

If I can only get the time from work.
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1325 on: March 11, 2014, 04:22:38 am »

With dukea42's post i'm thinking about the skeletons. The pylons what we can use to control them and our warlocks, are the connection from those to skeletns only possible if they see each other? Or are the mechanic the same as the pathfinding and use the "flightline" so a warlock is 1 layer under the skeletton and can control it? Or can a warlock 1 layer under a pylon power it? If not i can imagin it's horrible to set a surface/underground pylonnetwork. :-\

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1326 on: March 12, 2014, 03:59:29 pm »

So the magma/water wells still dont work. Thats fun...

adanos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1327 on: March 19, 2014, 03:02:05 am »

How can I ressurect necromancer? I built that 3st altar, and ordered task.. Another necro did his job and used 3 of mine priceless souls with no effect. what a waste. same question for sending 1st raid, i tried multiple times as I noticed, without effect also.

Etherdrinker

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Etherdrink☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1328 on: March 19, 2014, 09:36:54 am »

For long time I wait for the Warlocks.  I ve out from MWDF for some time.

Someone can give some tips for embarking, building etc?

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1329 on: March 19, 2014, 09:52:42 am »

For long time I wait for the Warlocks.  I ve out from MWDF for some time.

Someone can give some tips for embarking, building etc?
Heres what i learned:

Do NOT embark on an evil biome! It may seem like fun at first but soon you will see that you cant butcher any corpses becase they come back to life before they get too the Butchers Shop! Also, God help you if you have mussels in your river and you fish them...

Etherdrinker

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Etherdrink☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1330 on: March 19, 2014, 10:56:04 am »

Heres what i learned:

Do NOT embark on an evil biome! It may seem like fun at first but soon you will see that you cant butcher any corpses becase they come back to life before they get too the Butchers Shop! Also, God help you if you have mussels in your river and you fish them...

Mussels? they are pretty common in my games what is going on with them? How about starting skills for my Skeletons / Ghouls?

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1331 on: March 19, 2014, 12:08:18 pm »

Heres what i learned:

Mussels? they are pretty common in my games what is going on with them? How about starting skills for my Skeletons / Ghouls?
Mussel shells reanimate and sence you fish out tons of them your FPS goes to hell  :'( They cant even help with enemys in anyway!
As for skills ummm i usually take 1 minner/masson, 1 minner/stone bone crafter/mech, And at least 1 ghoul fisher. Oh and you want at least 3 warlocks in your start group!

LMeire

• Bay Watcher
  • Likes Troglodytes for their horradorability.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1332 on: March 19, 2014, 01:35:19 pm »

Heres what i learned:

Also, if you lose any warlocks, they'll come back to life as "friendly" corpses and constantly interrupt your workers/pets.
"☼Perfection☼ in the job puts pleasure in the work." - Uristotle

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1333 on: March 19, 2014, 02:01:08 pm »

always embark with a warlock/witch with the apprasial skill, if you care to see values in anything

ethereal gate gives you infinite blocks (and free WORTHLES (0 worth) furniture, blocks are worthless too can be used in the stonecutters workshop) the point is. 4 of them can summon up a whole mothershitton of blocks very very quickly

consider embarking with all the dusts to make the philosphers stone. as Mithril is hard to come by, and an early milita of Ghouls wearing milithril = evicerate all life on the map at their rediclious speed (they can run down leprichauns)

untill its fixed dont bother having the idea of having skeletons in the military, they just drop out and go Awol. even if you have them in los of a pylon

cut rocks for gems. make gems into large gems. construct additional pylons, strip mine whole levels for mats, for bonus wood/underground plants mine out z-lv of dirt and breach cavern

skeletons are fantastic as you can train them to be whatever you  want them to be. just not in the military -drop out issue, (legendary skeletal farmer that ONLY does farming (no hauling) never eats . never sleeps never complains.. hehe... brewer. mechanic, chef.. armorsmith/weaponsmith.. list goes on..

your warlocks are there to cut gems. summon blocks. and do the magic reactions. and complain about things.

also stab grave cats in the face if you get them on the list, generally it takes a kitten getting squished to make a ghoul go insane.

warlocks can be ressed, but i've only had it successfully work when they are not rotten yet. so gotta be quick.

you can sell to the drow alcohol for souls. but i dont know if its a bug but it takes 30 of their souls to make 1 soul hourglass thingy. seriously tho . highly trained ghoul milita clears the map. (wearing mithril, with a piece of dreadnought - i choose scourge =)

my current warlock fort is building a tower out of ethereal blocks in the middle of a major river, the biggest problem comes from the 0 worth on the furniture (leading to terribad rooms) but i did embark with a philosphers stone. so i'll eventually make all 6 of them platnium furniture or something with a master blacksmith

i havent bothered to give ghouls any real rooms just a dorm. they seem to do fine im sure they'd resist having their kittens skulls bashed in if they had their own rooms

Pylons are currently 25 space range and walls block their LOS to controll skeletons, plan around features as it were... ugly squareish tower it is! 1 on each Z-level on the stairs. protip . in your mine place them first before strip mineing the whole z-level (remember rocks = gems = large gems) Bonus for Channeling everything  8)

Embark with rope reeds and bloated tubers ( for cloth and glue ) Warlocks dont need beer, but its good for the spirits (oh the pun!)  and its generally better than a trip to the well. - skeletons can steal your warlocks clothing so be aware of that.

the ability to have undead ignore your civ is a special bonus given at the start of the map where your civ members might fight each other briefly.

also if you build a graveyard you can search for lost souls (never paid attention to the ratio per hourglass) search for slabs / coffins (eh?) and try to find a ghoul (i belive its a stack of meat for a 5% chance to get a ghoul and 2% to have a ghoul attack you. as i haven't gotten it to work. nor sacrifice my precious meat for it...)

while they do drop out of the military it is fun to summon up a whole bunch of armor / arrows / bows from the etheral forge (they do dissappear over time, and high sorcery warlocks make masterworks, make damn sure you got personal palaces for them if you do this) enlist all your skeles to archers and go man the wall to drive off sieges (or help your ghoul milita)

also Skeles + wooden bucklers + pickaxes = stabby when it really matters..

i embark with 1 of each dust. at least 10 anvils, some animals to slaughter 10 seeds (rope/tubers) 1 warlock broker/recordkeeper (try to get 3 ghouls as milita) some mithril and some anthricite, a few hourglasses. some stone and wood just cause. dont bother with drinks. or food (water depending for obvious) set up the minor production chain for milita armor/weapons, butchery/tan/syphon. i usually put 2 ethereal gates and forges up, then make some blocks for housing (initial dorm either in the dirt or a pillar with a ramp and some floors on the upper z-level for a celing for beds =)

you will get sieged in autumn, and 3 ghouls in armor will fend it off if they been training since day 1, feel free to summon up some armor/arrows for everyone else if your so inclined, invaders give the MOST meat / scalps for books, and tastey tastey souls

also consider feeding your milita souls..  8) my 3 are at 5000 to each stat they can devour and +30 speed, they zip around murdering everything lately
« Last Edit: March 19, 2014, 02:05:06 pm by Fairin »

Etherdrinker

• Bay Watcher
  • ☼Etherdrink☼
    • View Profile
« Reply #1334 on: March 19, 2014, 03:08:08 pm »

That means I should not pick fishing at all, unless with some type of science get involved. Also how you can choose exactly what are going to appear in your starting group. (I ve asking this from long time, but right now I dunno if exist a way to exactly get 3 warlords at the start in Warlock Fortress or any other mod out there).

@Fairin
After read the guide in the game folder, I figured skeletons are poor militias, maybe just as "meat shields" (ok they donīt have any).

So well I should redo again my game and pick the All dust embark, the grave cats just instantly died when the game starts ( I dunno why, the deathcause command donīt show any info why they died, just said "the grave cat died in year 101". So I not going to waste points I canīt choose them for butchery eighter.

The worthless blocks are not bad as you think, they donīt pump your fort worth and slow down the thieves attacks and those pesky "leprosychaums" they are my arch-enemies. You can change the dump-blocks when your fort is wall safe.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

EDIT: Why my Warlock donīt store souls in phylacteries? (used DT for activate the labor) nothings happens.
Pages: 1 ... 87 88 [89] 90 91 ... 110