Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 169800 times)

Brandewein

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #1350 on: March 23, 2014, 10:27:41 am »

Hi guys,
just started playing masterwork and building a warlock tower so far.
At this point i have two questions i couldn't answer myself by reading the manual.
1. Concerning the Shambling Skeletons becoming real historical figures to join the military.
I don't know what reaction at the Inscriptor causes their becoming a real fortressmember.
2. After aquiring 2 dwarfen caged invaders and stockpiling them next to the torture chamber, i tried the make em ghouls reaction which doesnt seem to work.

So far im having lots of fun building my own dungeon.

Jaso11111

• Bay Watcher
  • The Emperor protects...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1351 on: March 23, 2014, 11:03:03 am »

1. Concerning the Shambling Skeletons becoming real historical figures to join the military.
I don't know what reaction at the Inscriptor causes their becoming a real fortressmember.
You dont need to do that anymore. They can join the military right away.

On a note to the skeletons leavening the military problem: Unless another solution is found, maybe its better to not have them turn opposed-to-life and instead (like it was already suggested) have them get massive debuffs.   

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1352 on: March 23, 2014, 11:06:43 am »

Hi guys,
just started playing masterwork and building a warlock tower so far.
At this point i have two questions i couldn't answer myself by reading the manual.
2. After aquiring 2 dwarfen caged invaders and stockpiling them next to the torture chamber, i tried the make em ghouls reaction which doesnt seem to work.

So far im having lots of fun building my own dungeon.
1. If you have the latest version of Masterwork [4i], then they should be historical figures already. There IS an ongoing bug where they are periodically removed from the military and must be re-added from the individual unit preferences screen. They can't become nobles for very long either, so have the squad leader be a warlock or ghoul.
2 The ghouling reaction is a tad buggy. As far as I know, just run it again a few more times and it'll work. Take note that the ghouls created this way will still be hostile towards the fort due to another bug.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1353 on: March 23, 2014, 02:09:58 pm »

make the skeleton banner if you want to use skeletons in the miltiary as it stands now. they never drop out once they stop going opposed to life every few weeks (regardless of pylon/locks)

i find the entire overlord thing to be tremendously annoying. just never bothered with it after trying for hours micromanaging trying to get some info. (minions capture prisoners. that run off to your dining room and chill. don't eat and eventually starve. so if you dont micromanage it you miss out.)

total raiding parties sent out, about 50, prisoners captured. 10. Prisoners that starved cause i failed to notice. 4. prisoners strip searched 6 for about a month. rewards, 1 bone maul(where was that goblin hiding that..) turned 2 into ghouls (reaction on repeat worked) tortured the other two for information. they died of hunger after a few months of torture.

year thirteen of my dungeon, skeleton banner down. got my 4 horsemen (ghouls) excessively legendary, my ghoul lord (also legendary) with 7 new trainees (all ghouls), and 10 skeleton archers lead by my dreadnought crypt lord (skeletons suffer from the "transform bug from the guildhall, some will change some will not)

gave the skeletons their own personal skeleton servant that delivers ammo (and summons the ammo from their own ethereal forge hehe) in their own little sealed off pill boxes. its beautiful

centaurs keep spawning on my map. raised them. can assign them labors after reviving them >:) the thunderbirds are similiar but cant be assigned stuff =( but they do eat from the food stockpile. making putting them in a pasture useless.

the sieges dont happen anymore. i guess after 10 years of loosing their armies they said .. lets not and say we did! got everyone in my fort wearing mithril armor and started feeding everyone souls at this point. no one under 2k agility allowed (well skeletons don't need it with the banner...)

what i really need is more military positions.. make little squads of skeles for nefarious purposes..

drayath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1354 on: March 27, 2014, 08:52:27 am »

Hi, back after a long break and playing arround with the warlocks.

Workshops
  • Archelogist: Prepare Treasure reaction not available - Missing {BUILDING:ARCHEOLOGIST_WARLOCK:NONE}
  • Archelogist: Prepare Relic reaction not available - Missing {BUILDING:ARCHEOLOGIST_WARLOCK:NONE}
  • Necromantic Altar: Resurect megabest - (display issue only) Anouncement says a changling was used, but you dont need one for the resurction.
  • Stonecrafter's shop: Shortcut key (d) clashes with dyiers shop.
  • Teleport Pads. Teleport squad only transfers unit running reaction. In addition to transporting your civ members, it would be extremly usefuly to send nearby Restless Dead (which i don't think count as members of your civ so will presently be filtered out)

Creatures
  • Memphits dont appear to use there spells.

General
  • Inital undead status means that summoned memphits and any start animals immediatly attack (the skelletons?), this is likly to be even worse if memphits start using there spells again.
  • Some migrants (skelletons again?) drop all there equipment in a forbidden pile on the square they enter the map.
  • dfhack\scripts\fullheal script fails needs updating for the included version of dfhack (though not used by any interactions at the moment)
  • Nothing seems to count as shells if a mode requires it. (I.e. I added [SHELL] tag to the horn template and the mooding unit took the items.
  • Some way of recruiting new warlocks would be helpful. What about adding a new raid target in the Throne Room; Seek out Allies, requires 2+ info and no raiding kits; High chance of counterattack by one(or more) civs; High? chance of either Vampire or Warlock recuit. Gives added reason to to prisioner raids to get the info to find new warlocks.
  • Dfhack console spamed with error message from teleportbase script
  • Should warlocks civ in general, and Skelletons in particualar enter strange moods and create artifacts. (Controlled by {TRANCES} token if not aware)
  • Is it possible to use a different skill for Inscribing skelletons (for skill gain), you can't profile general smoothing/engraving so if you want to add skills to a skelleton have to find all designated smoothing/engraving/fortification remove them, and redesignate afterwards. It might not be quite so themic but using sorcery skill instead would be much easier to manage.

Exploit
  • You can raise a restless dead from one body part. Killing and butchering it gives a free soul and several body parts to turn into more restless dead. Should probably be modified to drop just a rottable, un-butcherable item on death (Zombie Paste?  ;D ) and nothing else.

Balance
  • Could i suggest adding adding natural skill swimming (lvl 3) to ghouls, skelletons and vampires. Seems odd that the undead drown, and swimming is not a trainable skill.
  • Once reach legendy praying (which takes about one season of using meat to find zombies) a single graveyard can produce as many souls as you can use. Could i suggest that there is a low chance of a reaction product that disables the unit for several days (e.g. temp transform to a trapped dwarf), will have little effect at low skill levels (30 tries for one soul=Many days+ 1 week sleep)  but at high skill will slow down the production rate (30 tries for one soul=couple days + 1 week sleep) Tweaking the exact wait duration/chance allows fine tuning of the production rate at different skill levels. The dwarven praying reaction have simular issue at high Prayer levels, giving large ammounts of free stuff

Items
  • Docs claim magestaff and wrathblade grant interactions (slade boulder & slow) to warlocks that wield them, but this does not seem to be the case, and i cant see anything in the raws that would grant this (there is an inorganic DFHACK_ITEMSYNDROME_MATERIAL_WARLOCKBLADE etc. but it is not used). As melee weapons potential clash with wanting to use different metals for the weapons, what about adding the Granted spells to a Warlocks Hat and a Warlocks Cloak available in an early workshop (Tailor+soul?) [Personal preference would be for a special (leather equivelent) material item rather than using adding a splatter syndrome as that is a pain to manage]
« Last Edit: March 27, 2014, 09:03:50 am by drayath »
Drayath's Gem Splitting Workshop - Split large gems and gem trinkets into numbers of small gems.
Drayath's Seed Brewery - Convert bags of spare seeds into useful booze.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1355 on: March 27, 2014, 09:06:58 am »

Drayath; thats extremely helpfull, thank you. :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

drayath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1356 on: March 27, 2014, 09:40:39 am »

One thing i missed; The first fight i had in my Tower (very start of year 3) was vs a siege of fully steel clad, steal armed humans, this seems a bit harsh as the first enemy you encounter after the wildlife. Is it possible to add some intermediate enemies that arrive earlier, some thoughts if they are at-all possible.

Human/elf/drow adventurer, a fully armed and moderatly skilled, but there is only one of them.
Human/elf/drow adventure party, a fully armed and moderatly skilled adventurer + some less well armed/skilled companions.

Implementation though are playing around with {BABYSNATCHER} on present civs to having some fake civs (E.g. Human Adventurers). If a dies out/is not present in world gen can the dfhack start seige/ambush scripts still be used, if so could have a script that runs once a season, checks anything you like and then petentially triggers an attack.

--

This might be really out there, but you use the new direct unit spawning script already. Does this mean that you can script a completly customized spawned attack (number, unit types, skills, equipment etc.) at the time and critera (assuming exposed via dfhack) of your choice?
Drayath's Gem Splitting Workshop - Split large gems and gem trinkets into numbers of small gems.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1357 on: March 27, 2014, 10:03:07 am »

I currently cant mod at all, all changes will have to wait at least 2 months.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

drayath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1358 on: March 27, 2014, 10:27:57 am »

No problem. Just throwing some ideas at the wall while I’m relaxing around between jobs.

---

The thought about completely customized invasion came as I was in the middle of writing the post when I realized that the parts already exist as separate dfhack bits, though almost certainly needing a dfhack guru to combine them into a single SpawnCustomizedInvasion script.
script for creating units (spawn.lua)
script for setting unit skills (skeletontrain.lua)
plugin/script for creating equipment (createitem/create-items.rb)
script for adding equipment to unit (stripcaged.rb removes it, would just need to be reversed)
script/plugin that controls attacking units path-finding and movement (diggingInvaders)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1359 on: March 27, 2014, 10:52:30 am »

Maybe. currently not possible, because its not recognized as siege, nor do the creatures have equipment or a proper sieger-ai.

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1360 on: March 27, 2014, 08:46:17 pm »

One thing i missed; The first fight i had in my Tower (very start of year 3) was vs a siege of fully steel clad, steal armed humans, this seems a bit harsh as the first enemy you encounter after the wildlife. Is it possible to add some intermediate enemies that arrive earlier, *snip*

how did you get so incredibly (un?)lucky? in every warlock fort i started the sieges began in autumn year 1 30~45 steel clad dwarves, so much meat... (in my last successfull built everything fort, every race sieged me every year with 100+ troops, untill year 12. apparently i must have killed off so many of their civ they stopped bothering me... (except automation who only ambushed, and frostgiants only ambushed once providing my bifrost scourges >> )

net worth is approaching 10million. still no frostgiant siege. population is 7locks 1 skelebanner, 60ish skeletons 12 ghouls, all military ghouls since skeletons couldnt be in the military till recently ((skeleton banner)) and i put 10 of them on permanent wall duty with etheral arrows.

Gamerlord

• Bay Watcher
  • Novice GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1361 on: March 27, 2014, 08:56:41 pm »

I wish you could make multiple banners because as-is I have to ALWAYS use the skelebanner.

MerkerBenson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1362 on: March 28, 2014, 02:44:19 am »

How does the skeleton banner work?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1363 on: March 28, 2014, 04:58:58 am »

Its a high end spell/creature that permanently controls your undeads. no pylons needed. (since this would make pylons obsolete, there is also a high end pylon spell that allows them to act like turrets. see the manual for more info.)

Could you please post the save of your 10 year fort? I guess its the longest running tower so far, and it could give some nice examples of what i could add or improve.

Fairin

• Bay Watcher
  • Furry!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1364 on: March 28, 2014, 11:38:51 pm »

*snip*

Could you please post the save of your 10 year fort? I guess its the longest running tower so far, and it could give some nice examples of what i could add or improve.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/6m33ji65rarv0xy/Ksemm7es1m

started in year 10, now year 24 everything is generally idle. at the time of the save i was just making EVERYTHING out of steel / bloodsteel / mithril .. just for grins.

the ghouls in the mini barracks are in BOOTCAMP (forbidden doors) untill they are legendary lashers/fighters/shield atleast 10+ armoruser

the skeletons in the crypt guard are all archers in full bloodsteel. can ignore enemy archer return fire.

all warlocks are training each other in the art of war, no one knows any special spells ... yet no real need with the 4 ghouls of the apocolypse trouncing sieges on their own

sorry the forge area and whatnot isn't all that pritty, i could NOT get the magma well to work (go on i left it up ) so i DF hacked some magma in to make up for it.

on this specific map i had to DF hack the top part , and upper left half of the map .as things were spawning there and doing nothing for -ages- and the left have to stop the water drain from the river (gimmie back my fps!)

all of my ash comes from worn clothing

60 + skeletons go throughclothing like no tomarrow.. (really hate my skeles pick up clothing ..)

masks count as clothing and gain wear X*Bloodsteel mask!*X so i stopped makin them . -.-

i was gonna assign all the ghouls new lodgings down in the depths with the engraved walls (since making obsidian without a magma source is a pita to do it above ground, i dont really want to abuse dfhack for my fortress design =P)

hasn't been a siege in ages . but usually get an ambush once a year , was thinking about paving the tiles in bloodsteel from all the drow.

All the warlocks are excellent Doctors (except wound dressing. no one can learn that -101%xp, even though theres a reaction for it.)

all thats left to do is teach warlocks fun spells. outfit the remaining 50 skeletons in full armor (for grins) finish making their mithril cloaks. and try out some more fun stuff, got an army of 12 legendary ghoul fighters, 10 skele archers. 5 warlocks being trained. everythings in full masterwork (mostly) mithril most of the population are soul eaters ( have fun with that. got tons and tons of souls saved up)

also some bars cannot be ground to dust (check my bar stockpile)

shameless DF hacks, autodumped for quantum stockpiles, cleaned the map. got some of the trash off the field every so often, for the sake of FPS.

Skeles in burrows  - Smelter + smithy, Ammo skeleton summons empyreal arrows, was gonna make one for the weaver skele (weaver spinner tailor ect) but meh i don't need him around as much. was going to make the archers in burrows but it was a pain since i only have 1 squad, and military basically ignores them unless you mess with the schudule.. i digress..

niri and zack have died at least twice. i belive niri has to die again to get his arm back (reaaly need to find out why he lost his arm in the first place...)

res some centaurs and assign them labors via v>p>l he he...

buildings i didn't really use (this time around) any of the souls for goods, tried the dungeonthingys to get a ghoul or two. worked after a time, reaction on repeat got the result. (had at least 2 "prisoners" starve before i noticed them.)

all in all theres plenty to do from this point, tons of resources to do whatever you like make a room compltely out of mithril. or the like, kill sieges melt all their gear grind up the powder make it into mithril. repeat, profit. win

(currently in the smithy burrow the Barstockpile, and the Furniture stockpile are linked to it. remove the links do do what you'd like, was decorateing some stuff >:) high value beds are better to sleep in. and all my bedrolls are worth 2k+

also meph i dont think warlocks can use farmed trees, as the sawmill lacked the reactions to make them useable.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2014, 01:48:57 am by Fairin »
Pages: 1 ... 89 90 [91] 92 93 ... 110