Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 169749 times)

Neri

• Bay Watcher
  • Three Blind Mice running on a keyboard.
    • View Profile
Re: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #1380 on: April 02, 2014, 06:37:47 pm »

for which you need two anvils, for which you need a smelter. for which you need rock, ore, and coke. for which you need a pick.
RegalDoom! The Little Warlock Who Could!
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=137494.0

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1381 on: April 02, 2014, 06:51:33 pm »

for which you need two anvils, for which you need a smelter. for which you need rock, ore, and coke. for which you need a pick.

I think you might be able to make anvils out of ethereal blocks at the stonecrafters. So you'd only need some souls[You don't even need hourglasses if its going to be temporary.] and a couple wood planks to make some anvils. I haven't checked if you can make anvils in the Warlock stonecrafter workshop, but thats worth looking into.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

mahrgell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1382 on: April 02, 2014, 07:25:54 pm »

Stop discussing this! Don't think about it :(

That's what I get for having an ideas pile-up :( But I have to do Kobolds first... But really, I have it all already written down in my notes... ^^ Now I'm sad.

Oh yeah, and it is almost certainly possible to embark itemless.

Jiamil

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1383 on: April 03, 2014, 01:36:47 am »

About the mephits: One of my mephits gave birth to two mephit childs, one of them has been fire. This fire mephit child was pastured with it's mom at my entrance. A thief was spotted and soon the outside was burning, the child was using it's powers, but I never saw a grown up mephit use them.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1384 on: April 03, 2014, 11:13:53 am »

About the mephits: One of my mephits gave birth to two mephit childs, one of them has been fire. This fire mephit child was pastured with it's mom at my entrance. A thief was spotted and soon the outside was burning, the child was using it's powers, but I never saw a grown up mephit use them.

I'm thinking that the problem is due to something wonky in the script which spawns the mephits or something in that area.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling

Hotawotwot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1385 on: April 03, 2014, 03:17:36 pm »

Are Ghoul/Warlock children supposed to occur as migrants? Do either of them ever grow up or should I stage some elaborate accident for the poor things?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
  • War is a valid form of diplomacy.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1386 on: April 03, 2014, 03:24:59 pm »

Are Ghoul/Warlock children supposed to occur as migrants? Do either of them ever grow up or should I stage some elaborate accident for the poor things?

They do happen from time to time. If I recall right they should "grow up" normally, but my lest memorable encounter with a warlock civ child was it trying to maul my mephites.

drayath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1387 on: April 03, 2014, 07:09:50 pm »

Warlock children do grow up, i have a couple in my present tower.

--

Few more issues

Doc claims you can make candles at alchemist, this is not the case (made if craft shop)

Assemble a raiding kit: Does not use a specific skill.

Maga well: does not work (errupt and eruptiontrap). looks like the inorganics are incorrect, should look like: [SYN_CLASS:\COMMAND][SYN_CLASS:eruption][SYN_CLASS:magma][SYN_CLASS:\WORKER_ID][SYN_CLASS:2,2,0][SYN_CLASS:7]
Maga well: Blood of amork is not maga safe so will deconstructs on usage when the gem is destroyed.
Magma well: if inside a sealed room, the maga can appear inside walls and on the other side of them.

Alchemy lab: clean rust reactions, does not use the warlock acid (and that acid it does use cant be produced). Functions correctly if you set the reaction to use the AMMO:NONE:WARLOCK_ACID in the rust removeal reactions

Bags of dust get stored on any bag stockpile.
The use of gold dust in making ritual regents is a pain. Can't stockpile dusts, which makes it very hard to keep your gold dust to make the ingredients that need it and not use it for the ingredients (or transmuter) that take any metal dust.
Can't grind steel bars to dust, would be helpful for melted down enemy armor. (was helpful for me to make each metal in one category, e.g. copper=dust, steel=dust_major, silver/gold with no dust class so rare dusts are not used in place of lesser ones, same probably applies to a couple of the gems)

== MAJOR ==
Running from a folder on the desktop under windoes 7, many reactions (anything that runs a command) don't work unless you Run as Administrator dwarf fortress (inscriber skill learn, skeleton upgrade, prisioner interegation, ghoul conversion etc.). This probably wans highighting in the manual as it is really none-obvious, and just appears that the reactions are bugged as no errors are generated (i've just spent several hours trying to track do issues, before i though of trying it). note if running other tools like Dwarf Therapist will also need to Run it as Administrator or it will fail to connect to dwarf fortress.
=========

Seems there should be some penalty for ressurecting skelletons. (What about reduce one on the dread->steel->iron->bone scale with bone skelletons not being resable, give some incentive to spend some bars on skilled skelletons)

Starting to get quite a lot of crashes, rarly make 2 seasons without one. Can't pin it down to anything in particualar. Have them while pauses and doing soething in the ui, and when running and not touching keyboard or mouse.

Ability to learn a few spells early would make early warlock more intresing; My ideas
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 12:34:06 pm by drayath »
Drayath's Gem Splitting Workshop - Split large gems and gem trinkets into numbers of small gems.
Drayath's Seed Brewery - Convert bags of spare seeds into useful booze.

Hotawotwot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1388 on: April 04, 2014, 12:03:54 am »

With giant spiders and other creepy crawlies about, it'd be nice to have something to do with all that chitin and ichor.

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1389 on: April 05, 2014, 04:54:29 pm »

Does anyone know how to get more warlocks?

Can I add a reaction to a workshop? 2 is not enough to keep all my skeletons in line

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1390 on: April 05, 2014, 04:58:23 pm »

At present no, unless something was changed in the most recent release. No trade with home = no migrants and warlocks can't trade.

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1391 on: April 05, 2014, 05:01:22 pm »

Well, there's a reaction create skeletons and ghouls, can't I maybe add a reaction to the portals? Sort of like pulling un-named disciples from other dimensions/forts?

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1392 on: April 05, 2014, 05:19:42 pm »

Well, there's a reaction create skeletons and ghouls, can't I maybe add a reaction to the portals? Sort of like pulling un-named disciples from other dimensions/forts?

I thought that seemed fair too, it's just a matter of figuring out a suitable cost that makes it either painfully tedious or something that has the potential to backfire horribly and get you an irate demon or something instead.

bennerman

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1393 on: April 05, 2014, 05:28:54 pm »

I have a great idea, actually. Lemme try modding it in first, and if I can't get it to work (I know somehow it can be done, it's just a question of my skill), I'll post my idea, and what I have, and see if anyone better than I can figure it out

Edit: ALSO! did you know that if you use dfusion's impregnate command on a female warlock, it gives birth to a ghoul?

The mental image of her birthing ghoul triplets is not pleasant

Edit 2: Whoever created this mod, it's awesome, and I love it. But it's called the "enter" key, and creature_warlock_civ.txt needs it
« Last Edit: April 05, 2014, 05:37:01 pm by bennerman »

Splint

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1394 on: April 05, 2014, 05:53:23 pm »

It seems the vast majority of entity files need that kind of cleanup really. Might've just not copied over from something else properly.
Pages: 1 ... 91 92 [93] 94 95 ... 110