Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

No poll atm

:)
:(

Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110

Author Topic: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions  (Read 169450 times)

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: [WARLOCK] - Discussion and Suggestions
« Reply #1620 on: May 13, 2014, 07:52:30 am »

I just assume that everyone always talks about the newest version. ^^

Suggestion: Use prisoner in reaction as reagent to lure caravans. "Bait caravan with a human hostage" ... caravan spawns to trade for the prisoner, gets ambushed and killed by zombies. :)

That gives the raiding system more to do.

And I think I should make brains be spawned from butchering again. Currently they give generic meat, but they could be used for zombies or upgrades somehow. Eat brain = Gain skill.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Slavmeister

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: May 13, 2014, 10:41:26 pm »

Not sure if this is the place for it, but for some reason the Archeologists Study in Warlock mode does not work properly.
It gives the option to excavate stone but the remaining reactions are red, stating that I require "Archeologist Supplies"
It's also worth noting that it requires 4 stone blocks to build, instead of 5 with the journal, abacus and hourglass it is supposed to require.
In addition, all warlock illumination, not just the pentagram, require nothing to build.

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: May 15, 2014, 10:42:22 am »

A little question, how do you all handle the production of hourglasses? The direct order i only see are the craftsman workshop but only for rock, is it somehow possible to direct order hourglasses beside the rock hourglasses from the craftsman? With the workflow plugin and the wood craft's in the craftsman i get other crafts and not only hourglasses.^^

Thank you for answers. :)

Omnicast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: May 15, 2014, 07:28:51 pm »

I find clay then I put a 1x1 zone on it and designate it for clay harvesting in the zone menu. You need the clay oven to make them harvest clay. Make sure set the labor in the clay oven to repeat too.

Put the crafter shop next to it so they don't have to walk very far to get clay. Then just have them make infinite clay hourglasses.
« Last Edit: May 15, 2014, 07:31:25 pm by Omnicast »

kizucha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: May 16, 2014, 02:35:39 am »

Uh nice tip, why didn't i think of that? :-\ I more like a wooden alternativ it's fit more my taste but because it dont go directly and uses a whole log it's feeling a little bit expensiv for me. ;D

Thank you for the tip.^^

Omnicast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: May 16, 2014, 03:27:59 pm »

Truthfully I'd like it more if glass was involved in the reaction to produce hourglasses. It makes sense, but truth be told I'm having a hard time getting bags on my current embark. No seeds for rope reed or pig tails and I don't think the blood/bone wolves or the beak dogs I brought are shearable.

Seems kinda silly that sand can't be stored in barrels/bins/jugs/large pots. Okay maybe bins shouldn't be able to store it... Maybe only liquid containers?

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1626 on: May 17, 2014, 06:35:07 am »

The sand-bags are hardcoded. But you could make leather bags.
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Omnicast

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: May 17, 2014, 03:07:48 pm »

Oh... Wow... How did I miss that. I kept all my leather for making skeletons and backpacks... Whelp I feel silly now. Then again buckets should work too... :p

mikael grey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1628 on: May 18, 2014, 04:08:20 pm »

I noticed some wierd behavior of a ressurected Megabeast. Game version v.4j, windows 7 os.

A Thunderbird showed up, and surprisingly he seemed to take offence at the human siege that was camping outside my tower, after a rather short fight, I finished off the humans, butchered the birds corpse, and figuring I have nothing better to do with the soul, I used it to ressurect the Thunderbird. Now all is fun and games, he became my 'pet', tame and all, friendly and all that, but he seems to be growing thirsty. Up to the point of being dehydrated right now. Since he doesnt seem to be interested in booze, and there is no water on the map, I am afraid that he will soon die, is that intended behavior?

And a bug report, related to the topic.

I found a tear of arnok somewhere (archeology, or digging, not sure, didnt pay attention), so I figured I will build a well and make a pool for it to drink from. But the well seems to not be working.
The skeleton runs the reaction and nothing happens. Checking dfhack this messege pops up:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Also, I seem to have some issues with learning spells, the reaction runs just fine, but there was no syndrome added according to therapist, and the warlock in question didnt use the spell in combat, could it be possible that the reaction 'missed'? Since he was my overlord with over 7k agility. There was also a bug in the arcane missile raws, with the gold dust, it called twice for gold2 instead of gold2 and gold3.

Apart from those issues, I do love the Warlocks, great job on them Meph, I just wish I could make more squads, like one Sword skeleton squad, one Crossbow squad and so on, having only one cryptlord is a bit limiting. And sacrificing a warlock for a banner is a very high price, since I have a total of 4, sending one to their death seems unwise...

BlackFlyme

• Bay Watcher
  • BlackFlyme cancels Work: Interrupted by bird.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: May 18, 2014, 04:42:04 pm »

I noticed some wierd behavior of a ressurected Megabeast. Game version v.4j, windows 7 os.

A Thunderbird showed up, and surprisingly he seemed to take offence at the human siege that was camping outside my tower, after a rather short fight, I finished off the humans, butchered the birds corpse, and figuring I have nothing better to do with the soul, I used it to ressurect the Thunderbird. Now all is fun and games, he became my 'pet', tame and all, friendly and all that, but he seems to be growing thirsty. Up to the point of being dehydrated right now. Since he doesnt seem to be interested in booze, and there is no water on the map, I am afraid that he will soon die, is that intended behavior?

I can only really answer this first one.

This is likely not intended. It's an issue with creatures that are capable of speech.

They will need to eat and drink. Eating is fine, and they will take food with little problem, but they are incapable of using wells or drinking from barrels, which will cause them to dehydrate unless there is a body of water somewhere on the map.

You could try to breach the caverns in search of water down there, or you could go into the raws of your save and give thunderbirds [NO_EAT] and [NO_DRINK].

dukea42

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: May 19, 2014, 08:05:51 am »

Someone mentioned earlier on this thread on windows 7 and 8, make sure to go to the DF exe and change the properties to "run as an administrator."  I did that to dfhack and therapist as well to be safe. I haven't tried the well or spells yet, but I noticed I had no failures with the inscriptor that usually didn't work for me previously.
My posts are probably based on Masterwork DF mod

mikael grey

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: May 19, 2014, 08:20:35 am »

Yeah, already tried running as an administrator, both dwarf fortress and dfhack, no changes. And so far, no issues with inscriptor, or any other workshops Ive tried so far.

About the spells, I suspect it might be the same issue I had with rockmage advancing to the next level, and aparently his stone shield blocking the syndrome, or something like that. As I said, I only tried it with the one warlock that has insane agility before the fort fell due to some !!FUN!! with fire. Sadly warlocks are not fireproof :-(.

On the suggestions topic, some way to get more warlocks would be nice, might next fort got 2. Which makes any banners from Grand Convocation a big NO. Maybe use megabest souls + some mundane souls + some meat/bones/totem to spawn a new warlock? Or at least let us create the banners from megabeast souls.

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #1632 on: May 19, 2014, 11:38:29 am »

More Warlocks for forts is planned. :)

Samarkand

• Bay Watcher
  • Aspiring GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: May 19, 2014, 08:27:08 pm »

Not sure if there is a gameplay question thread for Warlocks, so I'll ask this here.

I can't get my warlocks to store souls in hourglasses. Have hourglasses, have souls, and have a soul syphon. Praying labor is enabled.

Any suggestions?
My Area

It's it's its, not it's, not its its, not it's.

Arcvasti

• Bay Watcher
  • [IS_ALREADY_HERE] [FRIENDSHIPPER:HIGH]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: May 19, 2014, 08:32:52 pm »

Not sure if there is a gameplay question thread for Warlocks, so I'll ask this here.

I can't get my warlocks to store souls in hourglasses. Have hourglasses, have souls, and have a soul syphon. Praying labor is enabled.

Any suggestions?

You need Sorcery labour. Under misc labours.
If you expect to live forever then you will never be disappointed.
Spooky Signature
To fix the horrid default colour scheme, follow the below steps:
Profile> Modify Profile> Look and Layout> Current Theme> (change)> Darkling
Pages: 1 ... 107 108 [109] 110