Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 32

Author Topic: Iron Diadem, Night One: Things Said Behind Bars - [ABORTED]  (Read 72145 times)

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
Re: Iron Diadem, Day One: Rex Danorum
« Reply #420 on: February 05, 2014, 08:25:51 pm »

I didn't want to claim but it seems I have to.

I am the Kingmaker. Since I couldn't choose myself as king, and with nothing other than meta and luck to guide the decision I decided to choose randomly and ended up with Cheeetar. Clearly this was a terrible idea.

If somebody counterclaims, then they are scum and they are dumb for outing themselves. If not, then everyone will know I'm town and you have even less of a leg to stand on to support this lynch than you do now.

I am left out, why? >_>

Because I couldn't find a convenient quote wherein you stated you were against my lynch?

It's okay, you can be included too. Counting you and me and all the people I quoted, that's 3/4 of all players against my lynch. The only two people who have yet to state an opinion about it are Imp and Superblackcat, but they haven't been around to state an opinion on anything.

I think it's pretty clear that everybody overwhelmingly thinks Cheeetar's lynch choice is a terrible idea. The only reason he's going to go through with it is because he's scum and he feels like a lost cause, so might as well take somebody down with him.

More in a bit; wanted to get this out there.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: February 05, 2014, 08:29:28 pm »

Why did you choose me as the King, Jim?
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: February 05, 2014, 08:30:23 pm »

Oh. Random decision. Sorry, didn't notice that. Gimme a bit to think.
I've played some mafia.

Most of the time when someone is described as politically correct they are simply correct.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: February 05, 2014, 08:34:56 pm »

Jim:
I am the Kingmaker. Since I couldn't choose myself as king, and with nothing other than meta and luck to guide the decision I decided to choose randomly and ended up with Cheeetar. Clearly this was a terrible idea.

Psh, obviously this is fake because you didn't pick me.

(Hint if you're not sure: This is sarcasm)
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: February 05, 2014, 08:40:26 pm »

It did cross my mind, but, sorry, Broaster, I wouldn't dare be accused of nepotism.
I understood nothing, contributed nothing, but still got to win, so good game everybody else.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: February 05, 2014, 08:41:14 pm »

Okay, so... I'll have to be democratic here. What does everybody think about lynching Jim now that he's claimed Kingmaker? Is it worth the risk to potentially get a scum?
I've played some mafia.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: February 05, 2014, 08:44:03 pm »

Not in the least.

The Kingmaker is 100% town.  If Jim is not the Kingmaker, the real one should claim now, and then we lynch Jim.  Should he in fact flip Kingmaker, the counterclaimant will be executed at D2 start.

If no one counterclaims him, he's legit, and therefore town.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #427 on: February 05, 2014, 08:47:39 pm »

Jim, if I'm not to execute you, then who?
I've played some mafia.

Jim Groovester

• Bay Watcher
  • 1P
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: February 05, 2014, 08:48:30 pm »

I'd prefer you chop your own head off, to be honest.

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: February 05, 2014, 08:52:14 pm »

Aside from that.
I've played some mafia.

zombie urist

• Bay Watcher
  • [NOT_LIVING]
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: February 05, 2014, 08:53:41 pm »

Don't lynch Jim.

I think Caz, UI, Imp should be considered, reasons later.
The worst part of all of this is that Shakerag won.

Persus13

• Bay Watcher
  • 6th King of the Mafia
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: February 05, 2014, 08:54:28 pm »

Wait, Toaster and Jim are brothers?

Anyway, what happens if a Kingmaker dies?

Congratulations Persus, now you are forced to have the same personal text for an entire year!
Longbowmen horsearcher doomstacks that suffer no attrition and can navigate all major rivers without ships.
Sigtext

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: February 05, 2014, 08:55:38 pm »

E-Bros.

Vector

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: February 05, 2014, 08:56:43 pm »

Anyway, what happens if a Kingmaker dies?

Vector:  If the Kingmaker dies, will a new player become Kingmaker?  Is this person guaranteed Town?

A new player will become Kingmaker.  I will check with Webadict on the other thing, just to be sure I understand his intentions with the mechanics.

The rules for choosing a Kingmaker are that the player MUST be Town and MUST be alive. If they die (permanently, as in revives would not change them) or are converted, they cease to be the Kingmaker and a new one is chosen. If, at any point, there is no one eligible to be Kingmaker, the vote system becomes regular voting, with all players being able to vote.

I'm going to add to this that if someone steals their power or they get depowered or anything like that (I'm sure I'm not covering all of the possibilities), same thing!  There's going to be a town Kingmaker.
"The question of the usefulness of poetry arises only in periods of its decline, while in periods of its flowering, no one doubts its total uselessness." - Boris Pasternak

nonbinary/genderfluid/genderqueer renegade mathematician and mafia subforum limpet. please avoid quoting me.

pronouns: prefer neutral ones, others are fine. height: 5'3".

Cheeetar

• Bay Watcher
  • Spaceghost Perpetrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: February 05, 2014, 09:00:04 pm »

I'd prefer you chop your own head off, to be honest.

Work with me here. The fact that I'm not executing you as soon as you reveal that you're the Kingmaker should be at least one point in my favour. Keep in mind that you're a prime target for scumkill this night phase as well- we need your suspicions as soon as possible.
I've played some mafia.

Pages: 1 ... 27 28 [29] 30 31 32