Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which upcoming/recently-released game has you most hyped?

fire emblem: waifu roulette
- 2 (16.7%)
fire emblem: fates except with even more weird gimmicks
- 5 (41.7%)
fire emblem: who even knows
- 5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 70

Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Watch the Fire Emblem Direct for old game annoucements!  (Read 98394 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem: Fates is out!
« Reply #465 on: February 27, 2016, 12:24:31 am »

As good news to Sirus and Tawa, it seems like the Paralogues are level-adjusted so you can tackle them at any time, and they give EXP in addition to being generally easier than the Main Story missions, and they give you an awesome new character as a reward.

So once you guys triumph over the chapter that is bugging you, just get some characters to S rank marriage status pronto, and you'll get missions that'll help train you up and better prepare you for the utter bullshit ahead. You can't repeat them obviously, but it's way better than nothing.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: February 27, 2016, 12:26:45 am »

Hey, it's better than the way Awakening did it. There, the paralogues' difficulty was entirely independent on your own levels. Imagine what I was thinking when I, having managed to pair Chrom with Olivia, got to Olivia's paralogue? High-level promoted enemies errywhere.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: February 27, 2016, 12:29:32 am »

But they were essentially just ranged Knights, Sorcerers with Mire, and a few Assassins.
Black lives matter.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: February 27, 2016, 12:40:38 am »

I didn't have a single promoted unit myself at the time. It was bad enough.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: February 27, 2016, 12:41:39 am »

I see.
.....Well, good luck, Past Sirus.
Black lives matter.

Kaje

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: February 27, 2016, 05:54:34 am »

Despite being in the UK and probably never seeing this game released here, through particular ways and means I have managed to acquire a copy of the Special Edition and I'm freaking loving it!

Does anyone know, however, if the costumes you can buy are expanded in selection through the course of the game? I currently only have the 'bath towel' option, and I'm desperate to see my character wear something with shoes or boots rather than his bare feet!

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: February 27, 2016, 07:39:25 am »

[Awakening]

Seems like Summer Scramble becomes better than EXPonential Growth or Reeking Boxes on child-recruitment maps in terms of wracking up both Weapon XP (yay staves) and XP proper at the point where all XP you receive is 8.

All those event nodes dropping xp on batches of 10-30. Just remember to keep away from pairing up so you can only trigger XP, Item Pickup and Weapon XP events. That and event nodes will never give XP beyond 99.

Gave up trying to level up Lon'qu!Severa's MAG stat; damned thing takes too long to raise, and I'm only sticking her to Hero class anyway. Morgan and his mum are maxed out. Will do the same to Chrom, Lucina, and soon Cynthia too. Then I can move on to maxing Lon'qu and Cordelia.

Hooray Apotheosis grind takes too long. Then again, grinding on Disgaea 4 for 300% aptitudes all across the board took me a week and a half of tireless gameplay, so I guess that took longer?
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: February 27, 2016, 07:51:18 am »

Despite being in the UK and probably never seeing this game released here, through particular ways and means I have managed to acquire a copy of the Special Edition and I'm freaking loving it!

Does anyone know, however, if the costumes you can buy are expanded in selection through the course of the game? I currently only have the 'bath towel' option, and I'm desperate to see my character wear something with shoes or boots rather than his bare feet!
I believe that once you upgrade the accessory shop you'll get a *few* new body accessories, but it's not many.
The western version also removed some things if I remember correctly, like the very skimpy swimsuit... because localization. So there won't be many accessories in that category.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: February 27, 2016, 09:13:26 am »

[Awakening]
Gave up trying to level up Lon'qu!Severa's MAG stat; damned thing takes too long to raise, and I'm only sticking her to Hero class anyway. Morgan and his mum are maxed out. Will do the same to Chrom, Lucina, and soon Cynthia too. Then I can move on to maxing Lon'qu and Cordelia.

Hooray Apotheosis grind takes too long. Then again, grinding on Disgaea 4 for 300% aptitudes all across the board took me a week and a half of tireless gameplay, so I guess that took longer?

Try some of the Einherjar units, like Celica. They get access to every class that's not gender-restricted, so you can make them into very potent rallybots.

Trapezohedron

• Bay Watcher
  • No longer exists here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: February 27, 2016, 10:33:39 am »

[Awakening]

Try some of the Einherjar units, like Celica. They get access to every class that's not gender-restricted, so you can make them into very potent rallybots.

I've personally made it a challenge to avoid using such units (and have been killing them off, in fact), which means my rally bots will have to come from the people I have.
Thank you for all the fish. It was a good run.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: February 27, 2016, 12:33:52 pm »

CHAPTER 12 BEAT FINALLY

On to chapter 13 and a whole new set of challenges. RIP Effie ;_;7

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: February 27, 2016, 12:53:47 pm »

CHAPTER 12 BEAT FINALLY

On to chapter 13 and a whole new set of challenges. RIP Effie ;_;7

No please don't say you let Effie die ;_; Her only character traits are that she's strong and she eats a lot, but she's literally like my best character at 37 strength so far.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: February 27, 2016, 01:11:18 pm »

She's really squishy for a tank though ;_;
Didn't help that Takumi was able to get in past his knight bros and deal 24 damage in a single round. I figured he was stuck behind them on the bridge.

Well in any case, I reset after discovering that ruffians show up to start looting houses. Thanks game. It's not like I wasn't already having a bunch of trouble just getting out of my starting area.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: February 27, 2016, 01:22:36 pm »

She's really squishy for a tank though ;_;
Didn't help that Takumi was able to get in past his knight bros and deal 24 damage in a single round. I figured he was stuck behind them on the bridge.

Well in any case, I reset after discovering that ruffians show up to start looting houses. Thanks game. It's not like I wasn't already having a bunch of trouble just getting out of my starting area.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: February 27, 2016, 01:28:41 pm »

@Sirus:
Well, you do get a Replacement Effie that chapter. He has more HP in my experience, I replaced Effie with him because she wasn't getting nearly enough of it.

(Argh, you ninja JoshuaFH)

Currently stuck on chapter 20. I love and hate this chapter; the wind gimmick is fun, but screw how it seems to be randomly chosen how the wind appears. And I almost won my second run, too ;_; At least I promoted Elise into Strategist and she is now a physical god rivaling her brother's magical prowess.

On an entirely gameplay-unrelated note, what do you guys think of the soundtrack for this one? Personally, I think it's beautiful, maybe one of the best soundtracks in the series. I like how the music for each side has more obvious influences than in older games; I love the Nohrian music's bagpipes, in particular. It makes it sound a lot more medieval than the generally traditional orchestral music in older games.

I also absolutely love the rendition of "Lost In Thoughts All Alone" played in the "(groans of increasing discomfort)" cutscene. It's so catchy!
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.
Pages: 1 ... 30 31 [32] 33 34 ... 70