Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which upcoming/recently-released game has you most hyped?

fire emblem: waifu roulette
- 2 (16.7%)
fire emblem: fates except with even more weird gimmicks
- 5 (41.7%)
fire emblem: who even knows
- 5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 34 35 [36] 37 38 ... 70

Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Watch the Fire Emblem Direct for old game annoucements!  (Read 98452 times)

Cthulhu

• Bay Watcher
  • A squid
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem: Fates is out!
« Reply #525 on: February 29, 2016, 08:16:01 am »

I already beat it, he can one shot all of the enemies.  There's just a very specific spot on the map you have to go to to beat it or they'll just overrun you.
Shoes...

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: February 29, 2016, 08:22:42 am »

Up to chapter five, I believe you can actually let all the characters besides the MC straight up die, and they just shrug it off and are back for the real fight in Chapter 6. After that though, it's for realzies death.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: February 29, 2016, 01:07:55 pm »

And thank goodness for that. Chapter 6 has some pretty powerful enemies to go with your pretty powerful allies. And then there's little old you, doing your best to stay away from the promoted units running about.

The game is super cool about it. You can't demote, but if you class change into a different promoted unit that has a different base then you just learn all the skills from that base class as well, one at a time as you level up. It makes the system extremely powerful, convenient, and versatile.
Oh man, that's the best-case scenario. Screw trying to get all of the class skills right now, Imma cap levels, promote, and then worry about such things :v
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: February 29, 2016, 01:38:14 pm »

The game is super cool about it. You can't demote, but if you class change into a different promoted unit that has a different base then you just learn all the skills from that base class as well, one at a time as you level up. It makes the system extremely powerful, convenient, and versatile.
Oh man, that's the best-case scenario. Screw trying to get all of the class skills right now, Imma cap levels, promote, and then worry about such things :v

Yeah, your only real limit is your number of level ups, since any character only ever has 40 to their name, and once capped out you can change classes, but you can't learn skills.

However, once you get a little bit further into the game, you can upgrade your Staff shop to level 3, and you gain access to an "Eternity Seal" which extends your maximum level by 5, but it costs 12k. Expensive, but it's a small price to pay for building the perfect ubermensch.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: February 29, 2016, 01:48:32 pm »

Oh, here's a question. Has anyone messed with the Lodestar and Great Lord classes? You get the appropriate seals from the Awakening map, and you only get one of each (per run?). Only males can become Lodestars and only females can become Great Lords.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: February 29, 2016, 04:48:18 pm »

oh

my

god

CHAPTER

FREAKING

halp pls JoshuaF(ireemblem)H(ighmaster)
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: February 29, 2016, 05:24:00 pm »

oh

my

god

CHAPTER

FREAKING

halp pls JoshuaF(ireemblem)H(ighmaster)

Yeah, 24 has a fun gimmick :P

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

That's pretty much what I did, once I understood the gimmick I was able to do it on my second try. Once you beat this, you'll be caught up to me, I haven't even started 25 yet, but it looks interesting.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: March 01, 2016, 06:40:44 am »

Definitely old news here, but holy shit is Donny's unique skill amazing.
Since I leveled everyone pretty consistently and then switched Donny out as soon as I could, he's now level 17+Mercenary promote bonuses... Coming to a stat value of 150+.
Most everyone else is in the high 60's, with bad levels, to 80's or so range.
In Chapter 12, I can put him at the front of the line and expect consistent dodging against Knights and (with his 22 Strength plus amazing Speed stat) doubling them to death.
With a bronze sword.
Black lives matter.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: March 01, 2016, 07:00:11 am »

-snip-

That's pretty much what I did, once I understood the gimmick I was able to do it on my second try. Once you beat this, you'll be caught up to me, I haven't even started 25 yet, but it looks interesting.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Chapter 24 looks like it was the last real "IntSys, you dastards!" level, thankfully--I'm not at endgame yet, but I think there's only one more to go, 26, where the biggest problem is the boss is the King of Status Effects.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: March 01, 2016, 07:32:50 am »

Definitely old news here, but holy shit is Donny's unique skill amazing.
Since I leveled everyone pretty consistently and then switched Donny out as soon as I could, he's now level 17+Mercenary promote bonuses... Coming to a stat value of 150+.
Most everyone else is in the high 60's, with bad levels, to 80's or so range.
In Chapter 12, I can put him at the front of the line and expect consistent dodging against Knights and (with his 22 Strength plus amazing Speed stat) doubling them to death.
With a bronze sword.

Donny is a fantastic unit, especially as a Hero. He has titanic luck, and with Armsthrift and a capped luck score of 50, he has INFINITE DURABILITY. Also means he's going to avoid nearly every crit, and have a pretty decent chance of dealing them himself.

Even better is passing Donny's Aptitude onto any child who benefits from it, to make their already generally good growths so much more great.

Take Donny!Kjelle. She has stat growths of 93/63/20/55/53/65/51/23. Pretty nice stats all around. Could make a good Hero, could make a good Swordmaster-ish.
Then you drop Aptitude onto Donny!Kjelle, and those stat growths become a mind-numbing 113/83/40/75/73/85/71/43.

(When a stat growth >100%, guaranteed 1 of those per level, plus the remainder from 100 chance of +2, eg. 100% chance for a +1HP, 13% for +2 HP.)

Some children benefit from Donny more than others, but there is one universal agreement - his Aptitude is too damn good to pass up on.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: March 01, 2016, 07:35:12 am »

Is that why I saw Donny gain 2 HP one level during Chapter 12 (before resetting, that is)? Sheesh.
What about Donny!Yarne?
Black lives matter.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: March 01, 2016, 07:35:40 am »

There's a character with a similar ability- although I think Aptitude is nerfed to +10%- in Fates.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: March 01, 2016, 08:29:04 am »

Is that why I saw Donny gain 2 HP one level during Chapter 12 (before resetting, that is)? Sheesh.
What about Donny!Yarne?

Donny!Yarne is 105/66/13/60/61/60/55/18. He's never going to be that good on the mag/res front, but with Donny passing on Aptitude, that will shore up some of those mediocre stats to 125/86/33/80/81/80/75/38.

Yarne doesn't benefit terribly much from Donny - he's not a bad pick, but other children units can benefit more. Taguels already get a stat boost from their beaststones. Yarne is generally best suited to a Berserker sorta build. He could also go for Hero with that good luck he inherits from Donny.

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: March 01, 2016, 08:41:46 am »

but panny ;-;
Black lives matter.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile