Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

Which upcoming/recently-released game has you most hyped?

fire emblem: waifu roulette
- 2 (16.7%)
fire emblem: fates except with even more weird gimmicks
- 5 (41.7%)
fire emblem: who even knows
- 5 (41.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 70

Author Topic: Fire Emblem: Watch the Fire Emblem Direct for old game annoucements!  (Read 98373 times)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Fire Emblem: Fates is out!
« Reply #585 on: March 04, 2016, 05:05:28 am »

I'm on chapter 26, and ran into A BIT OF A SNAG:

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

SOLDIER First

• Bay Watcher
  • Trans fucking rights, baby.
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: March 04, 2016, 06:31:17 am »

Crippling Overspecialization kills, kids.
And kills kids.
and it's your fault for trying to game the system :P
Black lives matter.

Reudh

• Bay Watcher
  • Perge scelus mihi diem perficias.
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: March 04, 2016, 07:25:00 am »

Wooo, finally we get a release date! It's... May 21st. Christ, Nintendo, what's the deal with the staggered release? X and Y were released worldwide at the same time, same with ORAS.

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: March 04, 2016, 12:02:33 pm »

Hope you saved enough money for some Heart Seals, Josh :P
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: March 04, 2016, 03:41:23 pm »

I have enough money... for one heart seal... MC, it's up to you now!

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: March 04, 2016, 05:27:43 pm »

You'll be OK. [The final two levels after that are predominantly populated by units with traditional weapons. I'd overspecialized even worse and was eventually forced to go through Endgame by having an uberpowered Xander team up with Corrin and just pull Elixirs out of hammerspace when his HP dropped, but he was fine because his mad defense made it so the Faceless reinforcements couldn't touch him.]

So, I'm working through Birthright now, five chapters in. Honestly, parts of this feel more like, say, FE7 or 9 than Conquest, mostly because the gimmick levels in Conquest were waaaay more gimmicky than the older games' gimmick levels. Or maybe it's just that the gimmick levels usually got reused? Conquest doesn't even have the Obligatory Desert Chapter, or Obligatory Damage Tiles/Volcano Chapter, although [Conquest Chapter 24 comes close to the former.]

Also, having Cain and Abel be ninjas in this game had to have been the coolest decision ever.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: March 05, 2016, 04:18:23 am »

I finally beat ch26. Jesus that was a hassle. I lost Kaze to an hour+ long attempt, and had to restart, but that loss gave me inspiration! I figured out how to cheese the enemies through the wall, and I just had MC whip the majority of foes through the wall with an Umbrella. Honestly, she probs ate too many kills there, but nearly my whole team is at max level anyhow.

Spy's Shurikem best item ever btw. Both bosses didn't even get a chance to fight back :)

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: March 05, 2016, 10:34:16 pm »

Anyway, I've noticed something very peculiar. While I'm married to Jakob, and I get the little heart meter that fills up when I bond with him, the very same heart meter shows up when I invite Mozu over, which isn't true for any other character I invite over. What the hell is happening? Is that a glitch? Am I inviting Mozu over for... very risque, Fates!

Sirus

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident trucker/goddess/ex-president.
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: March 05, 2016, 10:49:12 pm »

I dunno, I saw that same heart meter pop up for one of my characters as well. Odin, maybe? Can't remember who it was but it was before I married Beruka.
Quote from: Max White
And lo! Sirus did drive his mighty party truck unto Vegas, and it was good.

Star Wars: Age of Rebellion OOC Thread

Shadow of the Demon Lord - OOC Thread - IC Thread

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: March 05, 2016, 11:20:24 pm »

I have my MU married to Sakura, and I keep getting the heart meter on Azura, too.

Maybe certain characters have special bond interactions regardless of whether you're married to them or not?

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: March 06, 2016, 03:49:25 am »

Conquest classic hard mode, complete! Only 4 deaths: Odin, Niles, then Effie and Silas during the endgame chapter due to a single misclick, and I would have restarted but it would seem mostly pointless in the ultimate fight... plus the ultimate and penultimate fights have to be done in one take with no saving inbetween, and I didn't want to use up more time when I was already so near the end. Time to stomp Birthright classic hard mode for my victory lap before Revelations.

Nighthawk

• Bay Watcher
  • INT Score: Yes
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: March 06, 2016, 09:25:41 am »

Conquest classic hard mode, complete! Only 4 deaths: Odin, Niles, then Effie and Silas during the endgame chapter due to a single misclick, and I would have restarted but it would seem mostly pointless in the ultimate fight... plus the ultimate and penultimate fights have to be done in one take with no saving inbetween, and I didn't want to use up more time when I was already so near the end. Time to stomp Birthright classic hard mode for my victory lap before Revelations.
Heh... good luck.

I'm not quite all the way through it yet, mainly because midterms ate up my time last week, but from the 20+ chapters I've played, Hard mode Birthright ain't a cakewalk.

Yeah, grinding and all that, but it'll only do so much for you. The enemy placement is positively diabolical in some spots.

JoshuaFH

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: March 06, 2016, 09:38:57 am »

Heh... good luck.

I'm not quite all the way through it yet, mainly because midterms ate up my time last week, but from the 20+ chapters I've played, Hard mode Birthright ain't a cakewalk.

Yeah, grinding and all that, but it'll only do so much for you. The enemy placement is positively diabolical in some spots.

The game is pretty excellently balanced from my first impressions of it, so it just makes sense that if you get a mode that allows grinding, the game is going to be balanced under the assumption that you're grinding.

Honestly, I'm disappointed Conquest ended when it did, I wanted to spend more time with my peeps and trick them out with even more skills, fine tune those stats, git sum mo' of those support conversations, make mo' babies, just enjoy the adventure some more. Honestly the best part of the ending was that the credits revealed the fight count and kill count of every character, RIP Effie with your 130~ kills you still didn't get an aftergame biographical  :'(

I believe it was FE8: Sacred Stones that gave you a post-game super dungeon to fight in after the story was wrapped up proper, that'd have been cool. I actually never completed that dungeon iirc, but the thought is what counts.

Tawa

• Bay Watcher
  • the first mankind all over the world
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: March 06, 2016, 01:06:01 pm »

On Birthright chapter 11.

Where, exactly, should I turtle? I get killed at the end every time because -every- enemy left converges on me.
I don't use Bay12 much anymore. PM me if you need to get in touch with me and I'll send you my Discord handle.

Twinwolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Probably hanging around Forum Games and Roleplay
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: March 06, 2016, 01:07:10 pm »

I'm still stuck on that one, and would like the answer too.
Sigtext!
Of course, Twin is neither man nor woman but an unholy eldritch abomination like every other Bay12er. The difference is they hide it better.
Quote from: Caellath on IRC
<Caellath>: Twinwolf, your thirst for blood has been noted.
Pages: 1 ... 38 39 [40] 41 42 ... 70