Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317883 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: a Perplexicon Game.
« Reply #165 on: January 09, 2014, 04:41:44 pm »

Apply some pressure to my bleeding hand.

"Anyone got some cloth?"
You can rip off part of your robe. It actually has not gameplay effect.

Focus pool regen.

That doesn't exist. You can spend the turn out of combat to be at full pool, though.

2. Portal.
1. Aw...alright. Um. I think I have an idea...

Say Word if I find a good one, then charge at and attack Zentol while he is distracted! Also hope not to be caught in collateral damage.
You can go through the portal. Mako is not inside the portal, though.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: January 09, 2014, 04:44:04 pm »

Do what you said, yeah. Can I get a dodge bonus or do I have to do nothing?
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 04:56:41 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: January 09, 2014, 04:54:51 pm »

Dodge:  Spend a turn dodging incoming attacks instead of attacking back or changing location.  This grants you +1 to dex and speed rolls for the turn.  Does not require initiative roll.

The speed part is unimportant, though, as you won't be moving nor taking any action.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: January 09, 2014, 04:57:08 pm »

Get out of combat but be prepared to dodge anything anyone comes at me with.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: January 09, 2014, 04:57:45 pm »

Dodge:  Spend a turn dodging incoming attacks instead of attacking back or changing location.  This grants you +1 to dex and speed rolls for the turn.  Does not require initiative roll.
The speed part is unimportant, though, as you won't be moving nor taking any action.
No, he's asking if the Dodge action counts as being in combat.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: January 09, 2014, 05:04:08 pm »

No, he's asking if the Dodge action counts as being in combat.
Well, then, if he doesn't get attacked, it doesn't count as being on combat.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: January 09, 2014, 05:25:31 pm »

How often should I check back to avoid being missed, turnwise or when my character joins? How I mean is how frequently the game is updated; once a day is fine, but if you tend or plan to update more than once a day, that would present problems for me.

Also, I have school during the day, and track right after, I will not usually get back until 5:00 EST(My timezone). I just want to know how this fairs because I don't want to disrupt the game if I'm frequently unavailable during update time. Let me know! :)
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: January 09, 2014, 05:32:55 pm »

Honestly?  I'd suggest actually following the game.  Keeping up to date with it.  Simply put, you'll die if you don't know even the "public" wordlist before joining.  Plus these things tend to be enjoyable even without participating.  Cheer against Zentol!

And as far as knowing when to join, if Tomcost is like most GMs he'll just PM you.  So just watch for PMs.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: January 09, 2014, 05:39:31 pm »

"Bal-shel Gonteialel?!  Roth!"

Zentol grits his teeth, and growls at Elephant Parade.  There is no vestige of his normal manic happiness in his face.

Action.
"Unfortunately for you, I know the word for fire, while you do not. I am curious as to why you want to kill me, by the way. You could have just left me alone, and then I wouldn't have had to make your shield explode."

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: January 09, 2014, 05:50:23 pm »

Zentol grits his teeth, and growls at Elephant Parade.  There is no vestige of his normal manic happiness in his face.

Action.
"Unfortunately for you, I know the word for fire, while you do not. I am curious as to why you want to kill me, by the way. You could have just left me alone, and then I wouldn't have had to make your shield explode."
"You can understand him?"
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: January 09, 2014, 07:59:13 pm »

Action.
"You can understand him?"
"No. However, I can guess at what his next act will be."

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: January 09, 2014, 11:51:38 pm »

"Anyone got some cloth?"
If you wish not to tear your clothing, I could part with some cloth scraps/strips of mine, pretty much one of the only good things from my first turn ::)

"Ahh, back to.. well, normal I guess."
"More science is required before detailed analysis of fighting ability can be determined."

Do Science, and other (non-violent) thing hopefully.

((Geez Derm, you're really science-ing this place up! It's nice to have someone with more words than me for a change.))

EDIT: Tomcost, the near-spawning of nails makes me wonder, is this game using the "imbuding" system being developed in the Perpublicon thread? I'm 90% sure it ISN'T (It'd be in the rules otherwise I'd imagine) but just curious and checking.))
« Last Edit: January 09, 2014, 11:54:53 pm by Bigf00t »
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: January 10, 2014, 07:02:10 am »

"Anyone got some cloth?"
If you wish not to tear your clothing, I could part with some cloth scraps/strips of mine, pretty much one of the only good things from my first turn ::)

"Ahh, back to.. well, normal I guess."
"More science is required before detailed analysis of fighting ability can be determined."

Do Science, and other (non-violent) thing hopefully.

((Geez Derm, you're really science-ing this place up! It's nice to have someone with more words than me for a change.))

EDIT: Tomcost, the near-spawning of nails makes me wonder, is this game using the "imbuding" system being developed in the Perpublicon thread? I'm 90% sure it ISN'T (It'd be in the rules otherwise I'd imagine) but just curious and checking.))
It isn't.

TCM

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: January 10, 2014, 08:06:15 am »

Hobble over to the skull. Grab it and attempt to remove it from the wall.

"Ayyo', could use evil magic to heal me right now."
Because trying to stuff Fate/Whatever's engrish and the title of a 17th century book on statecraft into Pokemon syntax tends to make the content incomprehensible.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] 13 14 ... 197