Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317891 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: a Perplexicon Game.
« Reply #210 on: January 12, 2014, 01:32:17 pm »

Attempt to alleviate all these injuries I've got. Robes as bandages?
It only works for bleeding. Pain is temporary, lasting 2 turns for each cathergory of pain, as well as the minor burns. The turns are counted from the next turn the status effect has been applied. As I said, the only thing you can do with pain is to endure it (see where endurance becomes something important?)

Also, I forgot Elephant Parade's action. I will edit it soon.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: January 12, 2014, 01:35:39 pm »

Ah.

Focus Potency. The power shall flow.
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: January 12, 2014, 01:42:46 pm »

You can clearly see, as I need not worry about uncertainty related to "snipping", I now get to make my posts as long-winded as I like!
(Totally how it works)
Now I repent from everything.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: January 12, 2014, 03:18:14 pm »

Back away. Word, trying to smother the bear's fire. Also look for a source of water.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: January 12, 2014, 04:28:26 pm »

Three twos?

Same word.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: January 12, 2014, 05:01:17 pm »

Better than one 6.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: January 12, 2014, 05:05:17 pm »

Better than one 6.
It certainly would depend on what. It is rare to find a way a six would be something bad with some kind of stuff. A six in that last words would have made a clearer description.

Also, the pain on Elephant Parade's head has been actually improving his survivability when messing with dangerous stuff. Less pot-->less dangerous.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: January 12, 2014, 05:27:01 pm »

Stick with the pre-turn I PMed you!
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: January 12, 2014, 08:39:12 pm »

Move to, oh, the arcane room. Take a good look around. Then speak words.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: January 13, 2014, 08:07:10 am »

((Guh.  I'm in the hospital right now, so no Zentol "RP" for you.))

Bluh
I hope you get better! While I just got to the point in which I don't even read what Zentol says, he is an interesting character nonetheless. I hope you get back soon for more bloodshed.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: January 13, 2014, 03:21:41 pm »

Turn 008

TURN.

You try some magic again. What's the worst that could happen? You are secretly begging for some weird ninja fire bear to not appear in front of you when you try it.

[Pot:5+1=6]
A golden line appears and forms a big cube in front of you, before fading away.

[Pot:2+1=3]
A golden line appears and draws a kind of stick attached to a spiky ball. It then fades away.

[Pot:6+1=7]
A thick golden line appears and quickly makes a drawing of an huge alligator. And it is trying to bite you! a couple minutes after that, when you take your hands away from your face, you notice that nothing has happened to you and that the alligator has disappeared.

Back away. Word, trying to smother the bear's fire. Also look for a source of water.

[DK Spd:2]
[Bear Spd:6-1=5]

Before you can react, the bear tries to hit you again.

[Bear Dex:1]
[DK Dex:1]

But you just barely move away as the bear lazily moved its paw. You could feel the heat of it.

You then try to extinguish the flames somehow. Maybe magic helps, right? You position yourself in front of it and say your word:

[Pot:6-1=5]
[Bear dex:6-1=5]

The bear moves just in time to prevent a pile of dirt from crushing it. It seems that it is burning in a less intense way than before, but its flames are still raging.

You think that the room frm where the moss was growing could have some sort of water. Plants only grow where there is water, right?

Three twos?

Same word. TURN CHANGED

You prepare to dodge the incoming attack of Zentol, but he is more focused now in Derm.

Stick with the pre-turn I PMed you!

You keep doing some investigation on this piece of text more akin to a phone book than to a magic book.

[Pot:6]
A golden line appears and forms the image of belt, one that is more likely to fit a sumo wrestler than you, but a belt nonetheless. It then fades away.

[Pot:6+1=7]
A huge pile of black stuff appears in front of you. Most of the things that are inside of that pile look like containers of some kind, while others look like conduits. The material is flexible in general, but always gets back to its original shape, unlike rubber. Some of the strange pieces appear to have an edge. A sharp edge, actually. It is strange for something as flexible to be able to have such an edge.And now, there is another pile of bullshit to play with the bone pile, nice.

Ah.

Focus Potency. The power shall flow.

Bluh

Zentol is getting tired o everything. Why can't they just die? he tries to choke Derm:

[Zentol Dex:1+3-1=3]
[Derm Dex:4]

But that burn in his arm prevents him from doing much. Derm easily sidesteps without losing concentration.

((The possiblities of Zentol being evaded by Derm were of roughly 1 out of six.))

Move to, oh, the arcane room. Take a good look around. Then speak words.

You take the Northern Hallway to the room with the octariney glow. As you are about to reach the room, you hear a faint noise. You turn back to see what it is, and then you see the shadow from before coming after you. It is carrying a scythe made from a spine which it keeps at its front as it gets closer. You just stand there, frozen by that sight. As it was about to reach you, it raises its arm. You watch motionless the hellish weapon that will bring you doom, and you notice that the shadow is actually wearing something metallic in his hands and forearms. You want to close your eyes, but you can't. It is just too late. You prepare for the worst, but you hope that your death is quick. The shadow just goes through you. The last thing you sow was a pitch dark face, with green, glowing eyes. As you regain your composure, you can pay more attention to the green trail it left behind you. Those are faces, screaming, moaning faces, that slowly fade into the atmosphere. That gives you the creeps. You dare to look at where it went, and turning back your head you see a huge obsidian skull in the room you were heading too, that was closing.

You dare to enter the room anyway. It has four ocariney beams coming out of semi-transparent golden pyramids on the floor, heading towards the ceiling. The beams are somewhat close to the walls, which are all covered by crystal pyramids, which look pretty sharp, excluding that one where the obsidian skull is. Ewww, it is dripping some green ooze that evaporates into more screaming faces!

You decide to do some magic to get your mind away from that sight.

[Pot:6]
A golden line appears, then forms a strange drawing. It is a lion, formed by many sticks fastened by chains, its teeth and legs made by sticks articulated via chains. Those are weapons from the Kung-Fu movies, right? nunchakus they are called, if your memory doesn't fail you. The lion, on the other hand, begins to move and tries to bite you with his nunchaku teeth. Luckily, it just goes through you and disappears.

You are sure that Martial Arts instructors would be joining their biology counterparts in the suicide conga by this time.

[Pot:3]
A golden line appears and forms a drawing of an animal. It has four legs and is bulky. It then fades away.

You could certainly play a game trying to guess what animal it was, but you don't have any idea about how to get the correct answer afterwards.

The apparent calm is interrupted by an octariney spark coming from the beams. It appears that it was absorbed by one of the pyramids, though. It changed to a more octariney color. In fact, many pyramids are somewhat octariney, but the recently hit one is the one whose color is the most intense.
Then you notice something. A pair of semi-transparent pyramids, moving in a parallel fashion with their bases facing at each other horizontally, come floating from a hole in the ceiling that you haven't noticed. they fly downwards, keeping the same distance between themselves. Upon reaching the pyramid that absorbed the spark, starts to float in the direction of the other pyramids, until it is between them. The translucent pyramids then open and engulf the charged one, forming just one entity. Then it floats away from where it came, with the crystal inside of it.

Spoiler: Status effects update (click to show/hide)

Character sheets
Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: syvarris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: darkpaladin 109 (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #222 on: January 13, 2014, 03:32:13 pm »

Hmm.  Well, that's gotta be useful, right?  A hat is basically a head container.

Look for a piece of whatever it is that could work as a helmet/hat/head covering.  Also find a nice femur for a bone club.  Suitably attired, say some more WERDS, yo.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: January 13, 2014, 03:34:44 pm »

PM sent. Time for science!

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #224 on: January 13, 2014, 03:45:57 pm »

PM sent.
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 [15] 16 17 ... 197