Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317914 times)

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: a Perplexicon Game.
« Reply #360 on: February 05, 2014, 12:11:25 pm »

Whoo!

Follow Romek and PM stuff!
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 05, 2014, 03:45:22 pm »

Time for some SCIENCE!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 05, 2014, 06:48:16 pm »

Do things
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 07, 2014, 05:52:19 am »

Someone nearly forgot to post in the thread after PMing a turn. Wouldn't that be tragic.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 07, 2014, 07:18:07 am »

I-I still need more player actions to run a turn.

People who hasn't posted any action:
-Elephant Parade
-Darkpaladin. (I say it again, his character didn't die, I got confused with the names)
-Rolepgeek.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 07, 2014, 07:42:13 am »

Whoops, sorry for not posting earlier. Anyhow, PM sent.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 07, 2014, 03:34:28 pm »

-Elephant Parade
-Darkpaladin. (I say it again, his character didn't die, I got confused with the names)
-Rolepgeek.

I doubt this, but I would like to say that because of the snow in my area, tons of people are without power. I don't know where they live, but it's possible they ha a similar problem. (They've been without power here for a couple days now)
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 07, 2014, 03:37:55 pm »

Snowy here too, but still got power. Just didn't check it yesterday.

This guy is an asshole.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 07, 2014, 03:42:18 pm »

-Elephant Parade
-Rolepgeek.

I doubt this, but I would like to say that because of the snow in my area, tons of people are without power. I don't know where they live, but it's possible they ha a similar problem. (They've been without power here for a couple days now)
Thanks for pointing that out. I realy don't know how much does the snow affect those who live in the USA, but I will take that into account. I know that many people around here are from North America.

This guy is an asshole.
Action taken into account, now I can do the final part of the turn. It is going to be interesting, I can assure you that.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 07, 2014, 03:44:40 pm »

If I die this turn, which I likely will, can we make new sheets or edit our existing ones?

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 07, 2014, 03:50:47 pm »

I realy don't know how much does the snow affect those who live in the USA,
That's like asking how World War I affected people living in Europe. Some did well, some did poorly, some weren't affected.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 07, 2014, 04:32:42 pm »

If I die this turn, which I likely will, can we make new sheets or edit our existing ones?

1) You can, waitlist is always open, and already having some magic knowledge will give you an edge.
2) Wait a couple minutes until I finish proofreading the turn, then see, do not assume that you will die, almost nobody dies in one hit, the system is designed to make fighting progressively more and more slowly and painful, but not straightfowardly lethal.

That's like asking how World War I affected people living in Europe. Some did well, some did poorly, some weren't affected.
I meant in the areas where is snow a lot.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 07, 2014, 04:44:37 pm »

Turn 015

Time for some SCIENCE!

Nice, now your magic mojo is back. This means that it is time for Science:

[Pot:5+1=6]
You are sure that you did everything right, but nothing happens. Damn.

[Pot:4]
A golden line appears and form a cylinder before disappearing.

[Pot:1]
[Wil:5-1=4]
A sudden flash of light comes out from your left foot, and then you find yourself on the floor. Wait, why I'm not feeling my foot? WHY I'M NOT FEELING IT!?!? You almost pass out when you realize that your left foot is no more. It has disappeared, like if it had suddenly became a colorless substance and them had flown away. The magic appears to have cauterized the wound on its own, though.

-Missing left foot!
-1 to dodging and similar acrobatic actions. You can still stand over the stump, though.

[Pot:4]
Now a damned golden line appears and forms a useless cone in front of you. Magic is just screwing with you, you know it.

[Pot:2+1=3]
And nothing happens. Daaaaaaaaaaamn.

Someone nearly forgot to post in the thread after PMing a turn. Wouldn't that be tragic.

You see Derm cursing like there is no hell to go to in case God hears him, and you are sure that if there is a nonsensical omniscient entity out there, even if your scientific instincts says you that there isn't, that entity would have definitely heard him. Well, you are going to do better than him, right? RIGHT?

[Pot:6+1=7]
A thick golden line appears and forms a huge flail in front of you.

[Pot:4+1=5]
This time is an altogether more manageable mace.

[Pot:1+1=2]
A thin stick appears in front of you, and breaks itself when reaching the floor.

Quote from: Elephant Parade
PM

One out of two mages has less limbs now. That is not a good perspective for you. But anyway you try some magic.

[Pot:5+2=7]
Nothing happens.

[Pot:5+2=7]
A golden line appears and forms the shape of a ring. Well, a ring that could fit your neck, actually.

[Pot:4+2=6]
A lot of leather appears in front of you. You guess that it is useful somehow?

Whoo!

Follow Romek and PM stuff!

Whoops, sorry for not posting earlier. Anyhow, PM sent.

The Dragon Knight continues his quest too defeat, um, some guy he doesn't like. He follows him to the Grand Room, and before he can react, a rocky creature made from a cylinder over other two rolls to the bridge.

[DK Spd:6]
[Romek Spd:5-1=4]

The Dragon Knight gets close to Romek and shouts his hopefully dangerous word:

[Pot:3-1=2]
A golden line just appears and wiggles in front of the heads of both combatants before disappearing. Allright, that was embarrassing, time for plan B:

[DK Dex:6]
[Romek Dex:4]

[DK Str:4+1=5]

The Dragon Knight punches Romek, who instinctively puts his arms in front of him. His left arm is hit, and he has to say that it hurts! That guy hits hard!

[Pain II]

But Romek won't just endure hits, he wants to pay him the favor:

[Romek dex:5-1=4]
[DK dex:1]

[Romek str:6]
Romek, in a surprising turn of events realized that he knew martial arts! He jumped, spun in mid-air, and kicked the Dragon Knight's face, rendering him unconscious.

[Unconscious]

Romek considered looking for a weapon, but everything that could be used as one was already in the hands of another person, and the room was unusually clean. Not that he needed it, though. He is already a killing machine. Well, not a killing, yet.

This guy is an asshole.

Do things

Break him with the club.

[Eric Spd:3-1=2]
[Outcast Spd:1-1=0]
[Thrakor Spd:4]

The two enemies look at each other. Eric curses because of the pain in his chest, and prepares to grab Thrakor, as he comes down with his club:

[Thrakor dex:6+1=7]
[Eric dex:6-2=4]
[Thrakor str:5-1=4]

And his club finds his objective! He bashes Eric's burnt leg, causing even more pain, like if with the burns it weren't enough.

[Pain II]

Eric retaliates by trying to grab Thrakor's club:

[Eric dex:5-1=4]
[Thrakor dex:4+1=5]

But everything hurts too much for him to actually perform a meaningful grapple. But he has another option: sweet magic. He rushes up to him again and says his word:

[Eric pot:5]
[Eric dex:3-1=2]
[Thrakor dex:4-1=3]

Green acid appears in front of the combatants, who evade it with a similar degree of success.

Eric's left arm is caught in it as he was trying to cover his vital orgarns from it, and gets nasty burns on it, as the acid slowly eats his flesh. It appears that the acid is not "hot", though, as the wound is just not cauterized and some blood pours from it.

Thrakor just jumped backwards trying to evade the burst of acid, but it proved futile as it reached his already burnt leg, making the already uncomfortable burns even deeper, and also drawing some blood.

Both of you have:
[Bleeding I]

Eric has:
[Burned]

Thrakor's burns upgraded to:
[Heavy burned]

And then the Outcast Wizard enters the fray just to aim a spell at Eric:

[Outcast pot:3+1=4]
[Outcast dex:3]
[Beat your pot dex roll:5]
[Eric dex:6-2=4]

Being only a novice wizard, the Outcast almost burned his own hand while pointing at Eirc, but he got his hand off before the fire could touch it. The fireball, on the other hand, was evaded by Eric.

Thrakor looks back at the Outcast Wizard. He better not try to steal the kill from him.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: darkpaladin 109 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unholy_Pariah. (click to show/hide)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 07, 2014, 05:14:55 pm »

Whyyyy
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 07, 2014, 08:41:36 pm »

I meant in the areas where is snow a lot.
Areas with a lot of snow are affected a lot. What else did you expect?

The Dragon Knight continues his quest too defeat, um, some guy he doesn't like.
He started it! He tried to kill me!

[Romek str:6]
Romek, in a surprising turn of events realized that he knew martial arts! He jumped, spun in mid-air, and kicked the Dragon Knight's face, rendering him unconscious.
[Unconscious]
1. What the hell? I don't even get an Endurance roll to resist?
2. What the hell? I'm the guy specced for close-quarters combat!
3dit: Also, isn't 6 an overshot? He should have broken his leg or something.

Wake up.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2014, 08:44:58 pm by GreatWyrmGold »
Sig
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 197