Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317245 times)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: a Perplexicon Game.
« Reply #405 on: February 09, 2014, 07:18:59 pm »

Interesting.  Magic is both more and less dangerous here- in the original, that would have been a killshot... but my leg would probably still be fine.  Hmm.

Beat him to death with my club.  If the kill is stolen, kill the killstealer instead.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: February 09, 2014, 07:45:04 pm »

"Yeah, buddy? Suck it!"

Stuff and things.

EDIT: Also;

"Now that you're done with that, can you please help me?!?"
« Last Edit: February 09, 2014, 07:54:02 pm by Rolepgeek »
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: February 09, 2014, 08:39:45 pm »

do things.

((What happened to my dex overdrive?))
You overdrived with one pool (I'm sorry if I didn't put that on the character sheet, but you had one pool), and you rolled a 1 in the d2, so the bonus was not applied.

Interesting.  Magic is both more and less dangerous here- in the original, that would have been a killshot... but my leg would probably still be fine.  Hmm.
That would have been almost a killshot if it had hit the chest or face. 6, as always, is the lethal amount. While the expossure was of 6, the pot roll was of only 5. The pot roll defines the maximum damage applied. So, in the end, both pot and dex are necessary to kill someone. And I'm doing 6 as the lethal amout because I don't want 1-shot kills, mainly.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: February 09, 2014, 10:45:36 pm »

I overdrived 1 pool into dex, i have 2 dex. Shouldnt that equal 3 dex which is a +1?
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: February 09, 2014, 10:48:48 pm »

Even though it's my character they're trying to kill, I have to say he's right.

Though, on the other hand, a lot of the penalties I've been getting to various rolls which end up cascading because then I can't dodge feel arbitrary.
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: February 10, 2014, 12:26:35 am »

Geez Derm! Stop distracting me with your screaming! Damn man! :P

Science bro.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: February 10, 2014, 06:18:53 am »

I overdrived 1 pool into dex, i have 2 dex. Shouldnt that equal 3 dex which is a +1?
Oh, yes, rolling for stength right now.

Though, on the other hand, a lot of the penalties I've been getting to various rolls which end up cascading because then I can't dodge feel arbitrary.
Which penalties? Two people are ganging up on you, you shouldn't have an edge.

[/quote]
The most interesting thing that could happen to a physical character is fighting in a Jackie Chan style.
Yes. However, this is less like The Karate Kid and more like if said Karate kid was slightly less effective than someone in an epileptic seizure and got beaten up by the meek bookworm.

The Dragon Knight will go down in Tribulations annals as being "really kinda pathetic".

I would say that your character was not pathetic, but Romek was badass. Also, he is not a bookworm. Elephant Parade's character is a bookworm, and while the chances of him being able to knock you out technically exist, it is more probable that the planets will align and Cthulhu will come after us.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: February 10, 2014, 07:00:43 am »

((Its official, im a roll:1 magnet.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: February 10, 2014, 09:09:06 am »

Coool, I managed to get a kill. I'l put the point into Pool, so I can finally use more than one word. I don't believe I targeted the Dragon Knight, though.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: February 10, 2014, 09:57:23 am »

Coool, I managed to get a kill. I'l put the point into Pool, so I can finally use more than one word. I don't believe I targeted the Dragon Knight, though.

OHMYGODSHITIKILLEDANOTHERPLAYERDAMN. That's what I get for not reading th whole action. I assumed that you went for the kill. Just when I thought that I was catching the handle of this game.

If you both players agree, I can go back and fix everything. I know that GWG agrees. I don't know about you.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: February 10, 2014, 11:01:00 am »

I agree, as long as I attack the player I originally targeted. Just reread my PM to see who I targeted, I guess.

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: February 10, 2014, 11:01:03 am »

Tribulations in Magic: Where the GM is the most dangerous player.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: February 10, 2014, 11:03:39 am »

DAMMIT DOUBLE POST
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 08:38:59 am by darkpaladin109 »

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: February 10, 2014, 11:04:56 am »

Tribulations in Magic: Where the GM is the most dangerous player.
This is going directly to my sig.

EDIT: will work on the turn rewrite. Some things will need to be changed. Rolls will remain the same as long as the action is the same. Changed action will be rolled again. Now I have to apologize to GWG.

Also, Icefire will still play, I'm willing to host 9 players until one of you die.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Tribulations in Magic: Where even the GM hates the RNG.
« Reply #419 on: February 10, 2014, 12:26:11 pm »

Turn 016

Whyyyy

Oh, God, I lack a foot I need a crutch despite I can perfectly step on the stump dammit aaaaarhh.

[Pot:2+1=3]
A golden line appears and forms a tiny drawing of a cone attached to a cylinder. With a sudden flash of light, it becomes consistent and made of...wax? Allright, it was not going to be useful anyway.

You hope the rest of the science you do is somewhat more helpful than this.

[Pot:3+1=4]
A golden line appears and forms a, um, genderless torso in front of you.

[Pot:6+1=7]
[End:5]

A powerful flash of light appears in front of you, and AARRRGH MY EYES! I HATE YOU, MAGIC!

[Blinded]

My leg isn't going to heal itself is it? Seeing Derm's foot vaporize reminded me :P

At least it's cauterized ;D

NO MATTER! SCIENCE!

You hear Derm cursing again. This is getting annoying. You hope it doesn't really prevent you from doing science:

[Pot:1+1=2]
A golden line appears and, despite the fact that you failed, becomes a straight line for some reason.

[Pot:2+1=3]
Another golden line appears and forms a pretty flat cone with a cylinder attached to the base of said cone.

[Pot:1+1=2]
Another golden line appears and jumps after you.

Okay, maybe Derm is indeed interfering with your science.

Wait, what? I thought I posted one.

Words sent.

So, both Wizards in this room are doing poorly, are you going to be different? There's just one way to know:

[Pot:1+2=3]
Nothing happens.

[Pot:1+2=3]
A golden line apperas and forms the shape of, an animal. Yeah that's definitely an animal.

[Pot:3+2=5]
A pile of some yellowish material appears in front of you. It doesn't smell good.

PM sent.

RUN AWAY

((GWG, you need to calm down more and just roll with it.))

"Where you going, boy?"

Magical rebuttal

things

((Endurance on this game is for resisting pain, not mitigating damage.))

Only two words crossed Eric's mind :"Oh, shit". So he turned away and begun his escape to the Magma Room:

[Romek spd:5-1=4]
[Eric spd:1-1=0]
[Thrakor spd:3-1=2]
[Outcast spd:1-1=0]

Or at least he tried. After some steps the pain all around his body said a big NOPE and he stood in his place.

Luckily for him, Romek entered the fray and aimed another kick to Thrakor's face!

[Romek dex:4-1=3]
[Thrakor dex:5]
[Hidden Thrakor end roll:1]

Despite the fact that Thrakor succesfully dodged the kick from the martial artist, he bended his ankle in a definitely wrong way that caused him to fall down. His burned leg took most of the blow, his nerves getting impregnated from all the pain coming from his red flesh exposed to the rough rock floor. Thrakor's brain just couldn't handle it and shutted down temporarily.

[Unconcious]

Romek came close and tried to say a word over him:
[Romek pot:1+1=2]
A golden line appears and wiggles, but only that before disapearing.

Meanwhile, the Outcast Wizard was trying to hit Eric with his morningstar:

[Outcast dex:1+1=2]
[Eric dex:3]

But his moves are too predictable for Eric, who just dodges it.

Baldr's good twin appears in the Arcane Room. He doesn't like the look of those beams.

The portal that gives the western room its name is gradually changing its color. The purplish shades are becoming black, and the blue shades are getting red.

The Dragon Knight wakes up and briefly tries to curse, something that he doen't achieve. Because his jaw hurts too much!

[Heavy pain]

Spoiler: status effects update (click to show/hide)

Character sheets

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: darkpaladin 109 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unholy_Pariah. (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Icefire2314 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)

GM comments

The title says it all. I can't correct a mistake without getting into another conflictive situation.

Also, I'm going to implement now the default -1 to dodging and acrobatics pentalty over the botomless pit. The penalty will not be aplied to the blance roll though.
In other news, I'm considering to make the Heavy burned penalty degrade into the Burned one after a relatively long amount of turns. Maybe 3. Because having a permanent possibility of going unconscious is not cool. The Burned one will not degrade into minor burns, though.

I honestly though that you guys would eventually find ways to heal yourselves (and I designed a cool and hopefully balanced one), but so far science is still in the one word spell phase, so that's why I'm considering to make Heavy burned something temporary.

Also, everybody should review their recently posted and PMed actions due to these changes. I'm sorry for having screwed up with this.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 [28] 29 30 ... 197