Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 318046 times)

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Opposing forces
« Reply #450 on: February 14, 2014, 10:12:56 am »

Note- I'm going to be limited access this weekend.
Updates won't be happening fast anyway without actions, anyway. I can't ignore a character who is currently in a fight.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: February 14, 2014, 07:59:26 pm »

Stuff happens. Maybe.

"Finish him quickly, friend; I don't like the way that one is looking at me, and the other has woken up!"
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: February 14, 2014, 08:04:23 pm »

Not we only need Elephant Parade so that I can write the bloodshed.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: February 15, 2014, 02:09:13 pm »

Turn 018

Glance about myself, in awe that I am still intact. Then !!MORE SCIENCE!!

You touch every part of yourself in a typical "I can't believe I did that and I am in one piece" motion. Yeah, you somehow did it. Now let's do that again to tempt fate:

[Pot:5+1=6]
A golden line appears and begins drawing a pig. A pretty big pig, in fact. With a sudden flash of light, it materializes into... wood? Okay, that's unusual. It proceeds to begin sniffing at the ground. It is not cute at all, even if you think that it could be.

[Pot:5+1=6]
The exact same thing happens. Now you have two weird and pretty big wooden pigs sniffing the ground.

[Pot:3+1=4]
A golden line appears and draws a hippo before disappearing.

[Pot:3+1=4]
Another golden line appears and draws this time a. What on Earth? Is that a tongue?

Second magic session and you are still alive, that's something good. Anyway, you grab a sturdy stick from the wooden pile.

-Sturdy stick:
[Blunt weapon]

PM sent.

stand up and do things that may include fleeing from npc's in sheer terror.

Grab and start strangling Eric.

Celebrate magically.

Stuff happens. Maybe.

"Finish him quickly, friend; I don't like the way that one is looking at me, and the other has woken up!"

Quote from: Elephant Parade
PM

[Romek spd:5-1=4]
[Outcast spd:3-1=2]
[DK spd:2]
[Thrakor spd:2]
[Eric spd:6]
[Flimsy spd:6-1=5]

The Flimsy Wizard decides that getting in a 3-way fight is probably not something good, so he starts to run back to the Portal room. He is followed by Romek, on the other hand, who wants to introduce his new pointy friend acquired by illicit means to him. The Outcast Wizard also joins the marathon, but he wants Romek's head this time:

Chase:

[Flimsy spd:4]
[Romek spd:1] ((You three have a stat malus to spd))
[Outcast spd:6]

But Romek proves to be too slow for somebody who doesn't want to be mauled by a weapon made by insect exoskeletons. The Flimsy Wizard arrives fairly quickly to the Portal Room, but Romek is following him, and now is near the center of the bridge. The Flimsy Wizard notices that, other than the portal, there are no means of escape from the aforementioned room.

On the Other hand, The Outcast Wizard manages to catch Romek and fire his spell at him:

[Outcast pot:6+1=7]
[Outcast dex:2]
[Romek dex:2-1=1]
[Romek end:1]
[Outcast end:1-1=0]
[Beat your pot end:2-1=1]

The Outcast Wizard points at Romek, who decides that not moving is a better alternative than risking to fall into the pit. When The Outcast Wizard says his words, a thunderbolt comes out of his hand, or, to say better, appears between his hand and Romek. Both of them recieve the electrical discharge, but the Wizard, who was on the beginning end of it, was the one to be affected the most. Romek, on the other hand, could feel how alll his limbs were getting numb, and how his big bear was getting fuzzy. After the discharge, both combatants end up barely being able to move.

Outcast Wizard:
[Paralysis]
Romek:
[Paralysis]

Meanwhile, in the room of the bloodshed, The Dragon Knight has picked a new victim: Eric.

[DK dex:4]
[Eric dex:4]
[Eric pot:3]
[Eric dex:2-1=1]
[DK dex:1-1=0]

But as both combatants are engaged in wrestling, Eric shouts some words and puts his hand in front of The Dragon knight, almost touching him. The air around it begins to emit a golden glow and becomes a green liquid.

Eric's right hand is caught in it, producing some burns, and drawing some negligible amount of blood:

[Minor burns]

The Dragon Knight, on the other hand, managed to pull his upper body out of the acid range, but the nasty acid thingy caught his left leg, producing some burns that looked overall less good, and drawing an increased amount of blood:

[Burned]
[Bleeding I]

Thrakor used the opportunity to fire his spell at Eric:

[Thrakor pot:5]
[Thrakor dex:5]
[Eric dex:5-1-1

=3]

A burst of magma came out of Thrakor's hand and catched Eric's jaw, producing some badass but painful burns.

[Burned]

Intriguing.

I suppose I should do some turn things eh?

[Derm spd:2]
[Bigf01t spd:6-1=5]
[Dwarf spd:1-1=0]
[Elf spd:1 +1=2]

Bigf01t, not caring at all about the murderous rage from those two strange individuals near him, decided to keep doing science:

[Pot:2+1=3-1=2]
His illness doesn't let him do many things though. He can feel a strange disturbance in the fabrics of reality for some reason. But as a scientist that he is, he doesn't care at all.

[Pot:6+17]
[Wil:4-1=3]
A smooth scar forms in front of you and opens revealing a bright silver light on the other side. A hand clad in silver chainmail (you can't actually see if there is any kind of skin below it) comes out and greets you. Immediately, you begin hearing some high pitched noises in your head, that gradually become stronger and stronger, until your consciousness shuts off momentarily.

Everybody in the same room as you notice the hand entering back through the silver portal. You don't notice it, though. You don't really notice anything now. But your body still acts.

Derm can see a glowing silver rune forming in Bigf01t's forehead, as he walks to the center of the room, where the strange individuals are fighting. The mind-controlled scientist begins speaking in a tone akin to the Dwarf's one. It is even odder that the silverish humanoid answers back, to what Bigf01t nods. The black humanoid emits more low pitched noises while looking at the dwarf, but moving in a laughing fashion.

Bigf01t rushes to the black individual and shouts some words, while pointing at him!

[Bigf01t pot:4+1=5]
[Bigf01t dex:6]
[Bigf01t str:3-1=2]
[Beat your pot str:1-1=0]

[Elf dex:4+1=5]
[Elf str:-1=3]

A mass of a black semi-transparent substance appears in front of Bigf01t's hand and is fired towards the elf, pulling everything that is nearby towards it, including Bif01t, who throws his morningstar to the substance before his hand is engulfed. The morningstar disappears as soon as it touches it. On the other hand, the elf is pulled so hard that he falls to the ground. He also releases his weapon, which flies to the dark mass and disappears after touching it, but also making the same mass cease to exist.

Bigf01t regains consciousness. Why am I here? Why I don't have my diamond morgningstar? What the hell happened?

Meanwhile, the dwarf was pointing at the elf and laughing in his odd tone. The elf shows him his claws and charges forwards:

[Derm pot:3+1=4]

But Derm intercepts the elf with his eyes and makes the ground below him become fire!

[Elf dex:1+1-1=1]

The Elf promptly falls into the pit, dissipating the fire. Now he looks pissed, but continues his charge towards the dwarf:

[Dwarf dex:4-1=3]
[Elf dex:4+1=5]

But the elf's claws slide off the dwarf's metallic surface. But he is ready to counterstrike:

[Dwarf dex:4-1-1=2]
[Elf dex:6+1-1=6]

But his golden hammer probes to be a really slow weapon that allows the elf to strike again:

[Dwarf dex:2-1=1]
[Elf dex:6+1=7]

[Elf str:3-1=2]

He catches the dwarf's left arm joint, doing some scratches on it.

Status effects update:
-Thrakor's heavy burn has downgraded to burned.
-DK's heavy pain is now Pain II
-Eric's pain in his chest is now gone.

Character sheets

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Rolepgeek (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: darkpaladin 109 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Icefire2314 (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Unholy_Pariah. (click to show/hide)

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
« Reply #454 on: February 15, 2014, 02:22:51 pm »

You still need to update the waitlist, since Icefire's character is still on it.
With that said, PM sent.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #455 on: February 15, 2014, 02:32:12 pm »

You still need to update the waitlist, since Icefire's character is still on it.
With that said, PM sent.
Noted and done

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: February 15, 2014, 02:33:05 pm »

I think now would be a great time for science.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: February 15, 2014, 02:53:53 pm »

So was the elf injured by the fire or...?

Also if he's in a pit how can he charge?

We need some NPC status's.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2014, 02:56:29 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Rolepgeek

• Bay Watcher
  • They see me rollin' they savin'~
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: February 15, 2014, 03:47:59 pm »

And now?

I flee! To the portal room, and beyond!
Sincerely, Role P. Geek

Optimism is Painful.
Optimize anyway.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: February 15, 2014, 04:42:45 pm »

Um, didn't I post an actual action? And attempt science? Shouldn't I have gotten an attempt to strangle Eric after he was done getting burned?
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Unholy_Pariah

• Bay Watcher
  • [ETHIC:LOOTING:MANDATORY]
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: February 15, 2014, 04:43:03 pm »

((Umm... why did i fall off of a bridge when im using a spell i know is ranged and i beat the everliving shit out of his speed roll for the chase?
I mean seriously, he rolled a 1 to escape and we both have a -1 speed malus, he shoulda stumbled and fell on his face before even leaving the room.))
Clearly running multiple missions at the same time is a terrible idea.  The epic battle to see which team can cock it up worse has escalated again.

And Larry kinda gets blueballed in all this; just left with a raging bone spear and no where to put it.

Icefire2314

• Bay Watcher
  • Programmer and Space Enthusiast
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: February 15, 2014, 04:54:50 pm »

!!SCIENCE AGAIN!!
"ERUTH PULL THE DAMN LEVER THE ZOMBIES ARE ABOUT TO GET INSIDE!"
"zzz"
BAY 12 MINI CITY: http://bay-12.myminicity.com/

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: February 15, 2014, 04:56:56 pm »

So was the elf injured by the fire or...?

Also if he's in a pit how can he charge?

We need some NPC status's.
1) If you read the description of the creature, you will realize which material it is made from, and thus it will answer the first question.

2) He got out of the pit. It wasn't big enough, it was just a pot 4 spell, and your sight doesn't actually penetrate stone.

3) NPC statuses will give far too much information. And would possibly ruin other bosses.

And now?

I flee! To the portal room, and beyond!
The nearest thing to beyond is to jump into the portal. Be careful with what you write.

Um, didn't I post an actual action? And attempt science? Shouldn't I have gotten an attempt to strangle Eric after he was done getting burned?
You both rolled the same number in the wrestling, so your attempt at doing so failed. Ties goes to the defender. Also, you dind't PM me anything.

((Umm... why did i fall off of a bridge when im using a spell i know is ranged and i beat the everliving shit out of his speed roll for the chase?
I mean seriously, he rolled a 1 to escape and we both have a -1 speed malus, he shoulda stumbled and fell on his face before even leaving the room.))
You fell from the bridge because that would be one body less to remember cleaning afterwards, because you got a 7 pot lightning through your whole body. Speed rolls (and thus chases) are not absolute rolls, so RTD mechanics don't apply.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: February 15, 2014, 05:04:03 pm »

You both rolled the same number in the wrestling, so your attempt at doing so failed. Ties goes to the defender. Also, you dind't PM me anything.
Oh.
And then what's this thing in my inbox?

Anyways.
Continue strangling attempts while limping.
Actual science this time. Try to hurt Eric with it.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: February 15, 2014, 05:16:29 pm »

Quote from: a bit ago
In the Portal room the enigmatic swirling mass of lights has finally become completely red and black. The mages were pretty busy with their stuff, until something interrupts them. A tall black stick flies out of the portal and skids along the ground in front of it. As it stands up looking back at the portal, everybody can see how it is indeed a well-defined but wicked looking humanoid. He appears to be so emaciated that his ribs can be seen almost outside of its body. Well, if there is a way to determine what is outside of it, as the monochromatic figure doesn't look to have an anatomy like the living beings everybody is familiar with. There are other important features, though: its eyes are glowing purple and it has a rune in its forehead that is also glowing with the same color. Finally, there is another curious thing about it: it has slightly long ears. It is grasping in its hands (which look like claws) a silverish sword.

As best I can tell it's made of undead flesh. Which should be flammable.

Ah well. Once more!
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 197