Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317885 times)

darkpaladin109

• Bay Watcher
  • has no intention of returning here
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Back to old fashioned murder
« Reply #1005 on: May 27, 2014, 03:34:47 pm »

On a side note, Syvarris likes to be clever and type in original Perplexicon grammar or something.

It isn't, but he does it.
I know, he told me in the ER Dj chatroom thing whose name I forget.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Back to old fashioned murder
« Reply #1007 on: May 28, 2014, 01:14:01 am »

As far as I see it it's an interesting form of roleplay which pays homage to the origins of this whole murdery mess. I don't mind it.
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Cripple fight!
« Reply #1008 on: May 28, 2014, 06:56:47 am »

Turn 040

"...That was unhelpful."

Round 3!

Snip

[Zolond spd:2-1=1]
[Bigf01t spd:6-1+1=6]

Bigf01t decides that he can't let his prey escape, even if said prey is going to die anyway, so he goes near him, while Zolond tries to gather enough energy to attempt something of his own:

[Bigf01t pot:6+1=7]
[Bigf01t end:1]
[Zolond end:6-1-1=4]

A whirling mass of electric arcs suddenly appeared around Bigf01t, engulfing both him and Zolond. The electricity cracked through the bodies of both of them, their senses overloading to the point of going numb, the sheer amount of random bits of information being too much for the nerves of the monochromatic mage, and whatever otherworldly means magic uses to transfer information around Bigf01t's body. After the static explosion ended, both of them stood there. Yes, they just stood, because they can't do much, really. It is at this points that Bigf01t realized how close he was to actually dying, because the numbness seems to have made a comfy house out of his body, with the intent of bothering him a lot.

Bigf01t has [Paralysis] (two turns)
Zolond has [Paralysis] (one turn)

But this may be Zolond's chance to distract his assailant! If he can overcome the bleeding and the paralysis, though.

[Zolond end:1-1=0]
Well, no, he couldn't. He succumbed to another kind of numbness: the one caused by oxygen deprivation in his brain.

[Unconcious]

Zolond's bleeding went to: [Heavy bleeding 1/3]

((Pssst, you are technically dead))

more words

More frustrated science:

[Pot:5]
A golden line appears and draws a nunchaku. Sweet.

[Pot:6+1=7]
A thick golden line appears, now drawing a huge morningstar. Hehehe, you could really make some chests cave in with that, and the spikes makes everything fancier.

You still don't know how to make those things actually kill people.

Spoiler: word depository (click to show/hide)
Iampeur Umerata Anamnteibu Tusru Ritutuan
Issper
Quaremru Tusru

Shouting random words all the day, that's the way to prevent murder from happening to you. Or at least you hope so.

[Pot:3]
You get a golden line making a weird shape. You are not even sure what it is, it has too many things coming from the sides, if they can be called sides. Well, it seems like two semi-circles joined from the flat edge, with irregular protrusions coming out of the round parts of the circles, towards the center of it. Said protrusions are really different from each other, some are round, some split in two, some have some sharpness in it. it is odd. The flash of light already happened, though, and you were just examining this odd object now lying on the floor, made from blood that the magic is holding together. It seems that it won't last much if you try to actually grab it.

[Pot:3]
Nothing happens. You are somewhat sure that it is not your fault.

[Pot:5]
A glob of blood appears in front of you and falls to the ground, spilling, wait, that's an odd pattern. You are sure that blood usually doesn't distribute on smooth floor by forming a big square from which other, smaller squares form, in an ever-decreasing fractal pattern. You are not sure if you should consider that artistic or satanic.

Speed dice hate me.

Clobber attacker.

"You are tangling with the alpha, you insolent whelp! Prepare to die!"

Prepare to kill.

Shaelshar shanntael.

To the fiery depths with ye!

[Flimsy spd:3-2-1=0]
[Derm spd:4-1=3]
[DK spd:1]
[Thrancaole spd:4-1-1=2]

((Hell, this looks like a cripple fight))

Derm keeps trying to murder the mysterious murderous shade, so another spell is on the way:

[Derm pot:4+1=5]
[Derm dex:6+1=7]
[Thrancaole dex:2+1-1=2]

And Derm unleashes a huge fireball from his mouth. The shade was not expecting this, an only managed to cower in fear in the most coward of positions: covering his face and lifting the the leg that happened to be in front at that time: his left one. This latter tactic proved to be somewhat useful, as it somewhat blocked the fire from getting to its other leg. His arms didn't achieve the same thing, though, because his head was totally caught in the flames. The shade emerged from the flames somewhat scarred, its surface being somewhat dark red in places, clearly because of the fire. On the other hand, the leg exposed to the fire stopped dripping black fluids, maybe it was cauterized?

All body now has:[Minor burns] (excluding right leg)
Burns in left leg upgraded to:[Burned]
Bleeding in left leg has stopped.

But now the shadow is angry, rushing at Derm with the intent of unleashing its green, deadly fluid:

[Thrancaole pot:4+1=5]
[Thrancaole dex:5+1-2=4]
[Derm dex:4-1-1=2]

And a bunch of acid appears in front of both the shade and Derm, hitting the latter squarely in the chest, creating some nice tattoos carved on his iron chest, but unfortunately it also splashed in the general direction of the place where the face of the shade would be. It screamed as the acid continued and deepened the job that the fire had begun, drawing again some black fluid from the insides of the shade.

Thrancaole's burns in the head are upgraded to [Burned], he also gained [Bleeding I]

And now Derm got pissed, and decided to try his shiny axe foot on the damned shade:

[Derm dex:3+1-1=3]
[Thrancaole dex:3-3-1=-1]

[Derm str:3+1=4]
And so he kicks upwards, his axe getting embedded in the shade's lower torso, drawing even more blood from the creature. It almost makes you feel bad. Almost. Well, that eldritch abomination deserves it. Oh, shit, why can't you pull your foot back! Dammit!

((Your axe-foot got stuck in the shade's flesh. You can try to pull it with a strength roll. Until then, you both have a -2 to dex. Another option, that won't free the foot, will be to twist it, in which case you just roll strength and a third of the damage is applied))

Now the shade has [Bleeding II] on its torso.

And then the Dragon Knight, realizing that he can't cast a spell now, decides to just go and kick the cursed thing:

[DK dex:2]
[Tharncaole dex:1+1-1-3-2=-5] ((And now I decide that good hit bonuses can't go over a +2))

[DK str:5+1+2=8]
[Thrancaole dex:3+2-2-3=0]

Both the shade and Derm appeared to have tacitly agreed that the current resting place of Derm's foot is detrimental to both of them, and thus were acting in tandem in a rare feat of coordination to pull the cursed pseudopodia out of the intentionally nondescript groin of the eldritch entity. And that's when the Dragon Knight arrived and swiped the shade's legs with an amount of strength that can only be achieved by kicking a burned shadowy entity while said entity has an axe (and a whole friend) stuck on its groin. The shade fell quickly, and, having two thirds of the legs that Derm was using to stand, he naturally fell too, with the difference that the shade fell head-first into the floor, which seems to have made it get dizzy somehow.

Both Derm and Thrancaole are:[On ground]

Thrancaole has also: [Dizziness]

And this is when the Flimsy Wizard decided that he had had enough of this madness and, instead of potentially causing genocide with the spell he had prepared, he decided to just go and kick the shade, as it was in the most vulnerable position ever imagined by the GM:

[Flimsy dex:1-2=-1]
[Thrancaole dex:1+2-1-1-3=-2]

[Flimsy str:6-1=5]

And the kick caught the shade in its right arm. Not that it actually matters much now. Maybe the Wizard should have aimed for the head.

Thrancaole has now: [Pain II]

The good thing for the shade is, the burns in its only acid-burned leg have subsided.

((May you be so kind to just use deadly force now? He is practically unable to move.))

Character sheets

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dermonster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: GreatWyrmGold (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Roguearchivist (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Syvarris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Killehellhound (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Darkpaladin109 (click to show/hide)

GM comments

Oh, good lord, the madness!

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1009 on: May 28, 2014, 07:28:34 am »

If there is a fight ponder what words could be used to summon popcorn also MORE WORDS!!
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1010 on: May 28, 2014, 08:38:40 am »

Oh god wat.

Well, don't need speed rolls to science!

And RogueArchivist?...

WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1011 on: May 28, 2014, 08:53:59 am »

Stomp on his head.

...To clarify, Thrancaole's, not Derm's.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1012 on: May 28, 2014, 09:10:22 am »

Oh god wat.

Well, don't need speed rolls to science!

And RogueArchivist?...

RogueArchivist passed out from blood loss, and will die at the end of next turn. He is basically there so that in the unlikely case someone wanted to steal the kill, that could be actually done.

Also, you have only 2 pool, I forgot to clarify it (it has been edited at the time of this post )

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1013 on: May 28, 2014, 09:33:02 am »

Do a head stomp.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1014 on: May 28, 2014, 09:37:21 am »

So, how ridiculous do you think that the last turn was? Quite a lot, if I had to answer that question myself.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1015 on: May 28, 2014, 10:25:56 am »

It's...well...yeah, that's fairly accurate.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

syvarris

• Bay Watcher
  • UNICORNPEGASUSKITTEN
    • View Profile
« Reply #1016 on: May 28, 2014, 12:03:03 pm »

Hahaha, the dodge based character rolled a -5 on a dodge roll.  That's amazing :)

Cast acid at them again.  I'm not even gonna PM the word again, because you know that I know it and I probably won't get the chance anyways.

Rewaitlist as Himself, with dex 7, pot&pool 1

((You made thia game too realistic, TC.))

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1017 on: May 28, 2014, 12:27:32 pm »

Hahaha, the dodge based character rolled a -5 on a dodge roll.  That's amazing :)

Cast acid at them again.  I'm not even gonna PM the word again, because you know that I know it and I probably won't get the chance anyways.

Rewaitlist as Himself, with dex 7, pot&pool 1

((You made thia game too realistic, TC.))
((I wanted to make people more conscious about their decisions, actually. The whole chunky salsa system discourages this, and that's why I decided to go for a more predictable one. Unfortunately, I didn't expect this level of penalties to be applied, but in some way they make sense: you have 0 pain tolerance, have been totaly burned, and have someone's foot embedded in your groin, which is being pulled away by its owner, potentially grabbing you to achieve that. Should it be possible for someone to miss a hit at you? Only if they lack a lot of coordination and you manage to ignore all the pain in your body, I think.

I hope that those laughs were indeed some kind of fun in the hilariousness of the turn.

By the way, you had terrible luck. Not only in the shown rolls, but in the d3s and d2s.

And I still think that the waitlist is too short))

RogueArchivist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1018 on: May 28, 2014, 12:52:50 pm »

Wow, that was a fun turn. Not gonna bother posting an action, just put me back in the waitlist please. Same stats as before. Zolond will be back. Just as soon as his dark gods can put him back together that is.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1019 on: May 28, 2014, 02:48:25 pm »

Hahaha oh my god that's awesome.

Lesson learned here: Don't fuck with team Derm.

On that note, Two people are unconscious, I see!

Stand up and go kick zolonds head in. No use letting perfectly good points go to waste.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2014, 02:50:58 pm by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.
Pages: 1 ... 66 67 [68] 69 70 ... 197