Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317814 times)

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Cripple fight!
« Reply #1035 on: May 29, 2014, 07:26:41 am »

Oh well.

Get my junk all up out of his. Focus pot.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2014, 07:29:51 am by Dermonster »
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1036 on: May 29, 2014, 07:28:26 am »

Oh well.

Get my junk all up out of his. Focus pot.
Can't do both actions on the same turn. Sorry

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1037 on: May 29, 2014, 07:30:29 am »

Uh.

Get my junk all up out of his. Overcharge strength?
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
  • Sane, by the local standards.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1038 on: May 29, 2014, 07:30:52 am »

This means, 1 is added to the roll, and if the result is 4 or more, the target dies.
Why not just "if the result is 3 or more, the target dies"? It's simpler. nd you know what's even simpler? Just say he dies. In order for the conditions to be upheld, the target would need to roll a -2 or worse, which means a -3 penalty on a d6 plus the worst luck possible, or even worse penalties and slightly better luck. (Or worse penalties and the same luck.)
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1039 on: May 29, 2014, 07:42:05 am »

Clarifications:

1) The soul of the dead goes to the person that caused the fatal blow. If Zolond bleeds out, Zolond's soul belongs to Bigf00t. It can be stolen by dealing the fatal blow to Zolond, but it is unlikely for team Derm to do so, because of them Being on the NE hallway. Why? Because they more than two rooms away. Two rooms is the maximum distance you can travel and do an action afterwards on the same turn.
2) The only unconcious dude is Zolond here, and he will only be unconscious for 1 turn because he will die at the end of turn 41.
3) Bigf00t is not unconcious, he is paralyzed for two turns. This means that he losing the turn is just a contingency.

And, last one, and my favourite one:

4) Derm's foot is still attached to Thrancaole's groin. He has to roll strength and get 4 or more to free it. The need to make the roll can't be evaded even if Thrancaole dies.

So, the kill being stolen by Derm group seems unlikely.

Good. Assuming a turn to finish up there, and at least a turn to get here...
[Paralysis] dealt with and soul gained.
Good!
(Completely discounting the portal jumping contingency plan!)

I think it's worth mentioning I had quite the respect for Derm and his Team Wizard, but I dare say that has... been tested somewhat. And given the events I've dealt with as of the last 12 hours (@ Uni)... testing me is a poor choice.

I will take an incursion into the portal room as a hostile act. Evidently you see no qualms of killing me the moment you see an opportunity, so lets face it, having you stand nearby seems like a bad choice for me.

Keep the proverbial bloodlust in your proverbial pants mate, you've officially been warned ;D

((Are you just a little scorned because I wouldn't "officially" join Team Wizard? I thought a simple non-aggression gentleman's agreement was sufficient. Oh well. Although I do understand that as justification to seek out my soul. 'If not with us, against us.'))
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1040 on: May 29, 2014, 07:50:37 am »

A little bit that, a little bit pragmatism, a rather lot of 'Oh look a shiny' and I probably wouldn't have tried to kill you in specific anyway.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1041 on: May 29, 2014, 07:56:08 am »

This means, 1 is added to the roll, and if the result is 4 or more, the target dies.
Why not just "if the result is 3 or more, the target dies"? It's simpler. nd you know what's even simpler? Just say he dies. In order for the conditions to be upheld, the target would need to roll a -2 or worse, which means a -3 penalty on a d6 plus the worst luck possible, or even worse penalties and slightly better luck. (Or worse penalties and the same luck.)
Because if you are horrible at strength, then there should be the possibility of you not killing him, or at least you would have to look for another way to do that (like, looking for a weapon, or using magics). I do not intend to give a good hit bonus in the case of a cripple execution. If you are horrible at strength, you should be able to just stick your hand through the cripple's mouth and unleash acid/fire/a rubber bear that fires boh things mentioned beforehand, etc.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1042 on: May 29, 2014, 08:33:21 am »

Keep the proverbial bloodlust in your proverbial pants mate, you've officially been warned ;D
Either you're mixing metaphors or any future girlfriends you have will be rather surprised one date.

((Are you just a little scorned because I wouldn't "officially" join Team Wizard? I thought a simple non-aggression gentleman's agreement was sufficient.
*shrug* Not my idea.
Sig
Are you a GM with players who haven't posted? TheDelinquent Players Help will have Bay12 give you an action!
[GreatWyrmGold] gets a little crown. May it forever be his mark of Cain; let no one argue pointless subjects with him lest they receive the same.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1043 on: May 29, 2014, 09:13:47 am »

Either you're mixing metaphors or any future girlfriends you have will be rather surprised one date.
((All jokes aside, I have no idea why I felt like choosing that particular... euphemism. It's been a weird day. No, I apologize for that choice of words. My god I need these assignments to be over.
And yes I was most certainly mixing metaphors. I don't even want to know how that line would translate into reality.))

A little bit that, a little bit pragmatism, a rather lot of 'Oh look a shiny' and I probably wouldn't have tried to kill you in specific anyway.

I might have been a bit... Well I think I may have jumped the gun somewhat. Still, it's kind of nice to have the wake-up call. Not all is sunshine and science in this arena (this IS a deathmatch after all!), and certain gentleman's agreements might not have extended as far as I had hoped. Truthfully, I was expecting a kill-steal attempt the turn before you verbalized it. I admit, the lightning was a fair bit overkill (and I kind of expected it to weaken me), on the plus side he cannot escape me now! *ahem*

I'm just going to stop typing now. Yea.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1044 on: May 29, 2014, 09:17:29 am »

I was secretly cheering FIGHT!FIGHT!FIGHT! on the inside, as well as the waitlisters.

Well, this keeps being the relative peace of late mid-game.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1045 on: May 29, 2014, 09:31:36 am »

I was secretly cheering FIGHT!FIGHT!FIGHT! on the inside, as well as the waitlisters.

Truth be told, I kind of was too :P
It would be nice to keep a low level of combat going on, keep things turning, although I think that will be less of an issue now. there is a public wordlist with effective enough words on it so that the science barrier-of-entry is lowered, and the late-beginning phase of pure science seems to have subsided somewhat.

GreatWyrmGold

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1046 on: May 29, 2014, 09:50:07 am »

And yes I was most certainly mixing metaphors. I don't even want to know how that line would translate into reality.))
Nor do I. If I wanted to, though, there's probably an answer on deviantart.
Sig

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1047 on: May 29, 2014, 10:00:39 am »

It would be nice to keep a low level of combat going on, keep things turning, although I think that will be less of an issue now. there is a public wordlist with effective enough words on it so that the science barrier-of-entry is lowered, and the late-beginning phase of pure science seems to have subsided somewhat.
Can I have a link to that word list please?
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1048 on: May 29, 2014, 11:22:54 am »

Can I have a link to that word list please?
Ask darkpaladin, although he has posted is multiple times and I deliberatedly let the words and the list exist in the turns, so you can search for his quote in the previous turn

killerhellhound

• Bay Watcher
  • Friendly Master of !!MEDICINE!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #1049 on: June 01, 2014, 08:35:59 pm »

Sorry for not posting

Turn
My Sig
Fluttershy jumps onto TCM, giving him a hug. "~Yay~"*Player TCM has left the server. Reason: HHHHNNNNNGGGG-

We Madmen are very ingenious.  Sometimes it just takes just a little less sanity to pull off something completely awesome.
Pages: 1 ... 68 69 [70] 71 72 ... 197