Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 197

Author Topic: Tribulations in Magic: The cavalry is... still preparing.  (Read 317795 times)

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: Dishonor and cyborg disassembly
« Reply #1800 on: December 26, 2014, 03:10:06 pm »

Diamond Drake need food!
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1801 on: December 26, 2014, 06:32:59 pm »

Just nipping in to say: If Igor's spell is Large Large Large Sphere Antimatter, I called it.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1802 on: December 26, 2014, 07:07:26 pm »

Just nipping in to say: If Igor's spell is Large Large Large Sphere Antimatter, I called it.
He has only one pool, and nobody seemed to have discovered the word for large, or at least not to my knowledge.

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #1803 on: December 26, 2014, 08:20:12 pm »

Darn. Make way for Igor III: This Time It's Personal, I guess.
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Tribulations in Magic: The tragic tale of the Igor family
« Reply #1804 on: December 28, 2014, 08:03:11 am »

Turn 088

"I'm sorry father, I have failed you."

You'll never guess what I'm about to do.

Diamond Drake need food!

[Flimsy spd:6-1+1-1=5]
[Robert spd:3]

The Wizard keeps trying with the same strategy as before, hopefully the flames will finish Igor Jr. this time:

[Flimsy pot:6+1=7]
[Igor jr. dex:2+1-1=2]

And the crippled Igor Jr., despite his best efforts, is engulfed yet again in fire. He feels how it is becoming difficult to breathe, and he coughs, some smoke coming out of his mouth. And, yet, the worst is still to come, because the dragon is now trying to unleash a spell of his own.

Spoiler: Rolls (click to show/hide)

[Igor Jr. dex:1] ((I can add the bonuses and maluses here, but it really doesn't matter))

A massive ball of fire appears in front of the dragon, engulfing not only his foe, but himself and his biometal ally. Screams are heard, screams that nobody thought that would ever be heard from that mouth, yet those painful noises were coming from the person whose legacy would have suggested otherwise. The flames lasted but an instant, but as soon as they dissipated, the kneeling Igor Jr. had changed his screams for a choking cough. The scars in his body had finally turned black, carbonized by the sheer amount of magic fire that had engulfed him again, and again. His arms didn't respond to him any more, having become useless stumps that only added weight. Weight. Everything seemed so heavy now. Even the air coursing through Igor's lungs. Did he bring shame to the name of his own father? He thought, the air deprivation of his brain making him easily forget his immediate demise, the painful outside world. His eyes looked at his arms for a final time. The useless stumps were almost totally black. They were, in fact, great war scars, so great that he could not have survived them. But he had stayed to the end. That... that could have been what his father had wanted. Maybe, he didn't bring shame after all...

A glimpse of a smile formed in the ugly and deformed face of Igor Jr. as he fell to the hard floor, particles of black ash bouncing from his charred body towards the floor. All his sudden revelations passed unnoticed, as a tiny stream of white smoke erupted from the chest of the recently dead, and entered into the drake's chest.

Igor Jr. is dead, Robert gains one stat point

((Igor Jr. suffered over 20 fire exposure points. Congratulations, you finally killed somebody with arguably the second less lethal element of the dangerous words.))

The purple sheep had moved, meanwhile, to seize a steel knife lying on the floor. With a lot of difficulty, it is trying to use it to cut its own leg.

"Oh for f--- sake..."

DO THE THING, THE UNSURPRISINGLY VIOLENT THING

I have an AAAAAAAAAA bonus; might as well use it.

Quote from: TCM
PM

[Bigf01t spd:5]
[Mako spd:6]
[Systar spd:3+1-1-2=1]

The struggle for the foot of Bigf01t continues:

[Mako str:5+1=6]
[Bigf01t str:5+1=6]

Through a fairly even competition of physical power, Bigf01t finally managed to break free of the grasp of the wrestler. He immediately counter-attacked with magic:

[Bigf01t pot:6+1=7]
[Mako dex:1+1=2] ((And so, it begins))

A big ball of fire appears in front of Mako, who had just recovered from Bigf01t's escape. Naturally, he could not step away from the danger, and ended with painful, but still unimportant burns across his body.

Mako now has: [Minor burns] in all body excluding left leg.

As Bigf01t backed off to take off his uncomfortable arm guards, a new figure entered through the southern door, evading the burned guy lying lifeless on the floor. This one was burned, too, although to a lesser degree. It pointed at Mako, and attempted to cast a spell:

[Systar pot:2-1+1=2]
A glimpse of a golden line is seen, but it vanishes before any noticeable effect.

Let's try more science! Hopefully will be more informative this time around...

You decide to finally test out what was your last transformation. Just with a thought ordering it, it activates, and your leg flashes. After it, you can see that it has become more... transparent. And that it is moving slightly, like if it had been flowing. You reach to touch it, carefully, and it seems to be quite easy to break it, as your finger goes through it with some pressure, but the wound is instantly sealed shortly after. It indeed has become some kind of liquid.

Right leg now has: [Fluid structure]

But you still have to test the rest of those words:

[Pot:3]
A golden line appears and draws some kind of four-legged animal.

[Pot:1]
You right leg flashes with light, and returns to its original, solid (for the most part) form. And nothing else happens. Yeah, you messed with something here.

[Pot:1]
Now nothing happens, but you feel an uncomfortable sensation in your leg. Maybe you are not doing things right.

[Pot:5]
Now your leg begins to glow again. You order the transformation to happen, and it does, with a bright flash. Your leg, it seems, is now again in liquid state, and the magic seems to be exhaust, but soon you will be able to command it again.

[Fluid structure] gained again.

All the different thoughts you had didn't seem to have any kind of effect in this.

Quote from: Syvarris
NO ACTION, SECOND WARNING

Everybody in the Arcane Room finds that screams, not coming form the burned individual, seem to be increasing in loudness. The Giant obsidian skull is opening its mouth.

Dexter appears in the Portal Room. That Portal demands science!

Character sheets

Spoiler: Bigf00t (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Beirus (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Toaster (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Elephant Parade (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: TCM (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Syvarris (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Lost in Nowhere (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: 94dima94 (click to show/hide)

Toaster

• Bay Watcher
  • Appliance
    • View Profile
« Reply #1805 on: December 28, 2014, 01:45:53 pm »

Systar frowned.  "I really think this magic crap is overrated!"

Arrow to the left knee.
HMR stands for Hazardous Materials Requisition, not Horrible Massive Ruination, though I can understand how one could get confused.
God help us if we have to agree on pizza toppings at some point. There will be no survivors.

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1806 on: December 28, 2014, 01:50:19 pm »

"Nah, ya'll just fucked up your stat placement. Idiot. Also whooooo spooky ghoast"
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Bigf00t

• Bay Watcher
  • Because science wasn't mad enough. YET.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1807 on: December 29, 2014, 06:02:16 am »

CHARGE!
MOAR MIST AND MACE-Y!
WELCOME TO PERPLEXICON! I HOPE YOU LIKE RESPAWNING!
But screw it nobody tames a murderbear without taking risks.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1808 on: December 30, 2014, 01:50:16 pm »

Umm... gentlemen? Where are you? Only two out of 8 people have posted an action

Dermonster

• Bay Watcher
  • Break the world, see what falls out.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1809 on: December 30, 2014, 02:22:39 pm »

I dunno. Still on holiday, maybe? New years is still a family thing right?
I can do anything I want, as long as I accept the consequences.
"Y'know, my favorite thing about being a hero is that it gives you all kinds of narrative justification to just slay any ol' jerk who gets in the way - Black Mage.
"The bulk of [Derm]'s atrocities seem to stem from him doing things that [Magic] doesn't actually do." - TvTropes
"Dammit Derm!" - You, if I'm doing it right.
Moved to SufficientVelocity / Spacebattles.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1810 on: December 30, 2014, 02:25:57 pm »

I suppose, but now that I have finished all my stuff and I can dedicate more time to this I'm getting kind of anxious. And I wanted to reach at least 90 updates before the one year anniversary of the game.

Beirus

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1811 on: December 30, 2014, 02:42:20 pm »

+1 Pool. BETTER TRANSFORMATION TIME! Umm, after I rest.
Because everything is Megaman when you have an arm cannon.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1812 on: December 30, 2014, 03:37:58 pm »

Oops, thought I'd posted an action. Rest.

Tomcost

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1813 on: December 30, 2014, 03:58:30 pm »

Remember you can focus, if you so desire.

Elephant Parade

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #1814 on: December 30, 2014, 04:26:00 pm »

Remember you can focus, if you so desire.
If you focus, do you still regain pool?
Pages: 1 ... 119 120 [121] 122 123 ... 197